Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Today was productive. Was bored staring at the game and something told me, you know you wanna buy that 100 HP Heroic Token!
    So I did and out popped QS!

star.pngstar.pngstar.png
    greenflag.pngicon_thor.png
    greenflag.pngicon_quicksilver.png

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    yellowflag.pngicon_wolverine.png
    purpleflag.pngicon_starlord.png
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cyclops seems to want to fight for me! In the past two days I've received:
    blackflag.pngicon_cyclops.png (DDQ)
    yellowflag.pngicon_cyclops.png (taco token)
    blackflag.pngicon_cyclops.png (standard token)

My 2/4/5 Cyclops is almost ready to lock and load!
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options
    In trying out some different combos, I finally caught on to the very nice pairing of Cyclops and Blade. Cyclops yellowflag.png to massive redflag.png tiles, equals lots of Blade's attack tiles firing off. I'm sure others have caught on to this much earlier, but for me, mind was blown. Popping up Blade's purpleflag.png was icing on the cake. It's little things like this that remind me how fun this game can be.

EDIT: I forgot about another one. I had a very old ticket with MPQ support, I actually kinda forgot about it. They came through today with some very nice rewards to make up for the issue. Patience can be a good thing =)
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Puce Moose wrote:
    Cyclops seems to want to fight for me! In the past two days I've received:
    blackflag.pngicon_cyclops.png (DDQ)
    yellowflag.pngicon_cyclops.png (taco token)
    blackflag.pngicon_cyclops.png (standard token)

My 2/4/5 Cyclops is almost ready to lock and load!

i need yellows pls.. i am at 5/1/4 not even bothering leveling him over 114 until i have a couple more yellow..

Side note.. although i did not finish first in my sub, i did finish 2nd.. first token was a dud.. 2nd. XF greenflag.png !!!!!!! And the 250HP from the placement was a nice bump as well
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I pulled a Scarlet Witch before bed, thanks to my own PVE placement.

My alliance placement on the last sub got me a heroic token (opened in the middle of the night due to a bad night's sleep)...

Beast!?! For a lot of folks that would be straight to ISO, but he's the only 3* currently missing from my roster. I can now complete the Deadpool Daily, every day I feel like it.

I think the game throws extra odds at you of pulling 3* you don't have. There is no way I can confirm this, but it really feels like you have a higher likelihood of getting them. In the space of a few weeks, I have gotten Psylocke, Sentry and now Beast. All of the ones I tossed out when I was hurting for roster space.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Went to bed last night needing the last node of DDQ for The Hood's blackflag.png It was going to be my 5th cover. Plan was to wake up early and finish. Overslept, and missed the cutoff. After logging in I received a standard token from alliance. Pulled a cardpack.png and it was a The Hood blackflag.png
    Everything is Awesome!
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    From two days ago, it was reaching wave 4 on DDQ with a maxed Blade and taking down IW with over 6k health in one turn. That was beautiful! Yesterday, it was receiving my awards for the season, which was 3 Heroics, plus my daily, another Heroic, and getting two gold pulls from four chances! Netted an IF greenflag.png and The Hood : blueflag.png . Let's see if I can post something from today!
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Climbed to 800 in divine champions with no fuss. Only a few attacks and half were defense wins. Least stressful climb ever!

Could have gone higher easily, but I didn't need the fury, so I just skipped around looking for random transitioners with few or no maxed 3* and dropped a few points in their stockings until I was down to 600s, and went to sleep unshielded. Still woke in top 50 for the 50hp reward. Profit!!!

All in all one of the least painful pvps in a long time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I realized today that my roster has finally hit the point where I can usually hit top 50 without shielding. At the end of the PVP, I was up points as opposed to down. Most of my 3* are covered enough that they are actual deterrents to weaker teams, despite being generally under leveled.

I feel like I have more control over my PVP rank, as opposed to being caught in the frantic mob. It's almost like floating above the mayhem.
  • grael23
    grael23 Posts: 54
    Options
    First up, I've been playing MPQ for over a year now and I'm still loving this game. I play casually picking and choosing the events solely based on the rewards.

I'd been playing Divine Heroes and not doing so great. I'd wiped my team and I was only in 5th place and 120 points behind first. I really wanted that Professor X but he seemed far, far away.

With 55 minutes to go and my health tokens replenished, I decided to hell with it and just charge ahead. See what happens, you know? I fielded Fury, 3* Thor and Xforce.

First piece of amazing luck: I not only made up the 120 points but made another 80 points on top of that! Somehow I hadn't crashed and burned in the last minute panic. The previous first place began their charge. I was burning boosts and my adrenaline was charging.

Second amazing piece of luck: no one had attacked me! With 2 minutes to go I was 8 points ahead so I grabbed one last "hail mary" match... and got slaughtered by a comparatively under-powered team. Yep, there's my usual last minute panic eff up.

Third piece of amazing luck: it was after the event was over, so no points were lost!

But what about attacks?

With shaking fingers I checked my placement and saw that miraculously no one had attacked me and I'd made FIRST by those same 8 points (a victory by 1%)! It was a completely shieldless victory that I credit with more good luck than good management. That was my FOURTH piece of amazing luck.

Then I finished up Deadpool's daily and opened my tokens for my fifth lucky strike: 1000HP!!!

A great four star character and 1000HP in one day?

MAJOR WIN.

I don't expect MPQ days like this, but they're damn nice when they stroll along.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I entered Divine Champions with about 90 minutes to go in the final slice, simply because that was when I had a chance to play. I took a team of LThor (level 140 unboosted - 2/5/4), Loki (2/3/4, level 114), and Storm (5/5/3, level 94). Although I ended up burning through 8 of my 9 stockpiled health packs, I was as high as 44th at one point; 58th when the event ended. It was the first time I've broken the 400 point barrier since the start of last season.

The Doctor Doom cover was needed, too - it makes 2 for him.

If I can pull a red LThor cover from a taco tomorrow (or from the Heroic token I get in 2 days from the SHIELD drop), I'll have my 3rd maxed cover character, after Patch and Sentry. Blade is close with 12 covers, I have a bunch of characters who have 11 covers (including Cage, Hulk, Grocket, LCap, and Gamora)
  • Unknown
    Options
    In the wake of having my car battery die and losing my house keys I decided to spend my 2800 on a 10 pack to try and cheer me up.

greenflag.pngicon_shehulk.png
    purpleflag.pngicon_daredevil.png
    yellowflag.pngicon_kingpin.png
    purpleflag.pngicon_mystique.png
    redflag.pngicon_ironman.png

Feelsgoodman. icon_cool.gif

(That makes 4 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png in 2 days! icon_e_surprised.gif )
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2015
    Options
    In the wake of having my car battery die and losing my house keys I decided to spend my 2800 on a 10 pack to try and cheer me up.

(That makes 4 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png in 2 days! icon_e_surprised.gif )
    Nice Pulls!

I'd upvote you, but the forum says that I've given too many upvotes to you... I'm supposed to come back later.
    Too_Many_Upvotes.jpg
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2015
    Options
    It seemed like all the tiles were in my favor for my OBW, 3 star.png Cap and Loki crew during The Big Enchilada today. I was able to get Anti-Gravity Device and Aggressive Recon going early and then had a ridiculous number of protect tiles from Sentinel of Liberty, Trickery and Peacemaker. I think my whole team suffered, at most, 25 damage during all four waves. Too bad I didn't have this going when they had 3 star.png Thor yellowflag.png before, but I'm not sneezing at a greenflag.png.
  • Unknown
    Options
    JVReal wrote:

Nice Pulls!

I'd upvote you, but the forum says that I've given too many upvotes to you... I'm supposed to come back later.

I'll hold you to this!

That makes no sense though, not like we can give down votes anymore so what are we supposed to do! icon_lol.gif
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Has to be getting lazy Thor's green from deadpool and then immediately opening a taco and there is another.

Maybe my awfull run of tacos is finally ending. Twin pistols+Call the storm in one week.

Last one I pulled from a taco was Iron Fist.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JVReal wrote:

Nice Pulls!

I'll hold you to this!

That makes no sense though, not like we can give down votes anymore so what are we supposed to do! icon_lol.gif

Same thing when i tried to upvote it, always wondered what that error meant.

If that is really what it means, then @Mango, try being a little less of a good person, so we don't want to upvote you all the time, ok?
  • W4LAndre
    W4LAndre Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    Last night I was clearing DP vs. Villains, that node with Dr. Doom and his bots was kicking the **** out of everything I threw at it. I decided to give it one more shot before hurling something across the room. I tried Lazy Daken (boosted to 200), Patch (166) , and Luke Cage (boosted to 200). As was the previous 3 times I tried it, Victor was able to get more purple than I could deny and blew Daken away by like turn 5. I managed to get enough yellow for an uppercut to take Doom out, but not after he summoned a whole mess of demons. The bots had plenty of unmatchable CDs out that were quickly chipping away at my health. I managed to JJC the decoy out of commission while really hurting for health. I had just made a red match to be able to fire off BTI on the next turn. Then I get hit with a Reality Crush teamup, 50% chance of being totally screwed with the stun....Cage takes the stun, Score! I fire off BTI with the entire board being for wolverine, good night doombot. To top it off, I managed to loot a 166 summon demons teamup.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Broken record time today...

DDQ again. I had a relatively smooth sail to "Big Brother 3hor's" greenflag.png . My first! icon_e_biggrin.gif

But the win wasn't the moment of the day, it was the subsequent feeling of satisfaction and the thoughts that immediately followed...

I know I've said it before, but dear God, of all the things I could complain about in MPQ, DDQ is just perfection incarnate.

When I couldn't possibly do the BE, I had things I could accomplish and actually feel like I was progressing, even as a 1*-2* player. Now that I am able to fumble through the BE, I can see actual progression in real-time. I'm able to systematically build characters without endlessly slogging through tokens, and I'm actually beginning to see some hope for my 3*s!

As a direct result of DDQ, I'm starting to make inroads into both PvE and PvP success, something I hadn't previously imagined possible in over a year of playing prior to DDQ. Said another way, the game is actually starting to feel worth investing in, something I didn't feel prior to DDQ, like, at all. 40+ 1-cover characters doesn't exactly elicit excitement or hope, especially when you're constantly selling them to make room for the next. But with DDQ, I can actually build them! Sure, it's not fast, but it's consistent. IOW, it's PROGRESS.

Perfect, perfect, perfect. Just freakin' perfect game-building, and for all of my complaints, I cannot stop gushing about D3/Demiurge's wildly successful build of DDQ.

tl;dr: DDQ is pretty good. icon_e_wink.gif

DBC
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Today's just plain been a good day. icon_e_biggrin.gif

50 HP daily login = enough to unlock roster slot #42 and save my first icon_colossus_new.png from expiring (the 'too bad' part of this story, is that I drew him with a Taco the day after he was up in DDQ, and I was too lazy to grind out his progression award cover a couple PvEs ago).

icon_thor.pnggreenflag.png in the DDQ

Open 5 stockpiled Hulk event tokens, and get 4 gold covers, all usable!

icon_thor.pngredflag.png
    icon_punisher.pngblackflag.png
    icon_mystique.pngblueflag.png
    icon_kamalakhan.pngyellowflag.png

Any day you add 6 covers to your roster has to be considered a great one icon_mrgreen.gif