Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Comments

• Vinmarc43
    Vinmarc43 Posts: 266
    Worst part of the day....clicking on the MPQ shortcut on my pc and seeing that the game is loading and still there... icon_lol.gif
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    had a really bad board filled with yellow, black and white tiles and finally gained enough mags purple to feed storm blue...

GAWDDAMMIT... I used mags blue..!!!
  • I opened up all my DDQ tokens I stocked up (21) hoping for Cyclops or Thor and I didn't get a single gold yesterday.

This post is related to: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29462&start=80#p362008
  • I have decided to embrace this thread. I'm now thinking it's a good idea to have an outlet for some of the frustration MPQ elicits. To that end... on to the whining.

Decided to attempt a decent finish in the Tex-Mex PvP. Ending up climbing pretty quickly, with a shot at T25 and two desperately needed covers for my 3-cover Loki.

Skip, skip, skip, skip, skip... a 30-pointer, which will put me well over T25 in the final moments (the gap is approximately 10-15 points).

Start the fight, win, and get awarded with... much less points (Wait. WHAT?!). Lose T25 by FOUR POINTS. There had been no movement (the score directly above me had not changed, and was still T25), I just didn't make up the difference.

Am I glad to have one unexpected cover? Sure, and while I appreciate that some are trying valiantly to swallow the Kool-Aid of the various B$ "mechanics" of MPQ, it doesn't make them any less B$.

In 20+ years of playing games, I've never seen anything like some of **** that passes for acceptable in this title. A match that comes up in your queue 10 seconds earlier is not worth what it was when you starting playing it 3 minutes ago? Yeah, if someone can learn to find peace with that, they're operating on a whole different level, and I guess part of me would admire their ability to forgo basic logic and reason, but no thanks. Things are worth what they're worth. At least within one continuous 3-minute period.

If I had queued that match 3 hours earlier? Fine, less points. A lot could happen in 3 hours, but 3 MINUTES? And I didn't queue it, it was the next available match? Uhm, yeah, that's gonna be a big NO. I can only imagine how much suspension of disbelief/cognitive dissonance or just outright rage exists within the average high-level PvP player's experience in MPQ...

I love match 3, I love Marvel, but seriously. Some days... Some days.

/big whiny tantrum

I actually feel a little better now. Cheers to the OP! icon_lol.gif

DBC
  • Another one I'd like to add, am sure everyone has experienced this to some degree...

Absolute joy of pulling a gold from a standard token, or actually any token....

BUT

It's ANOTHER green Hulk and I've had maxed green forever!!! I'm desperate for more red and black, but another damn green to sell. Happened loads, but mostly green Hulk for me. For no reason, I let it sit in my queue and dispose after a few days normally. Probably subconsciously not wanting to accept it.

2 things :
    - Wish I had the stats for every single token pull I've ever done. Just curious!
    - Wish there was some sort of re-roll for this situation : whether at a cost of HP or ISO or ideally automatically give another colour. Isn't going to happen, but we can dream right?!
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have decided to embrace this thread. I'm now thinking it's a good idea to have an outlet for some of the frustration MPQ elicits. To that end... on to the whining.

Which is why it's still open icon_lol.gif (until people start arguing).

And thank you for editing the OP. I appreciate it.
  • My worst moment of the MPQ day today was noticing the Northern Polarity hasn't commented (or logged in) to the forum in like 3 weeks. Did he retire or quit or something? If so, it's a huge loss -- his posts were the most useful for me throughout the last year, especially his commentary on best character pairing, covering, and strategy.

~~~
    On a separate and totally unrelated note, have you ever noticed that in the majority of battles against Loki, there is a juicy match-4 or match-5 setup to tempt you at the beginning of the match? Hmm...
  • GothicKratos
    camichan wrote:
    My worst moment of the MPQ day today was noticing the Northern Polarity hasn't commented (or logged in) to the forum in like 3 weeks. Did he retire or quit or something? If so, it's a huge loss -- his posts were the most useful for me throughout the last year, especially his commentary on best character pairing, covering, and strategy.

He plays PaD these days. You can catch him on Line though. He still chats it up about MPQ form time to time.
  • He plays PaD these days. You can catch him on Line though. He still chats it up about MPQ form time to time.

Bummer. At the risk of getting addicted to yet another game, what's PaD?

(the last time you mentioned another game (FFRK) my gaming habit kicked up another notch)
  • GothicKratos
    camichan wrote:
    He plays PaD these days. You can catch him on Line though. He still chats it up about MPQ form time to time.

Bummer. At the risk of getting addicted to yet another game, what's PaD?

(the last time you mentioned another game (FFRK) my gaming habit kicked up another notch)

Puzzles and Dragons. It's kinda akin to Puzzle Quest. It's got a slightly more complex matching mechanic (you can move gems anywhere, and moving them around pushing other pieces around the board) and a monster collecting mechanic similar to Brave Frontier. It's pretty cool, but not my cup of tea.
  • I've noticed the MMR on the PVE for me has gone up incredibly fast since i've come back to the game... i think it was around 2-3 PVE before i started seeing nodes up in the 240+ area... which is kinda crazy, but also made me realize i'm only still playing this game to collect covers, since trying to play on any sort of competitive level will drive you insane...

PVP is the same deal, with crazy teams showing up, making me barely want to play, if at all... crazy walls of 166 - 240 is just not fun to walk into, although maybe it was designed that way to make people put this game down and not play it so much?
  • Remembered Fury yellow was 1k on pvp so I have to play
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Simulator PVE. Was sitting at #1 in the sub, #3 overall.. then they prompt for an update (apparently to fix save game issue).. I go ahead and update.. minutes later, re-open the game.. hours of work lost, sitting at # 58 in the sub and 14 overall.. lost my top 10 bullseye reward.

Bad form on the update.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Simulator PVE. Was sitting at #1 in the sub, #3 overall.. then they prompt for an update (apparently to fix save game issue).. I go ahead and update.. minutes later, re-open the game.. hours of work lost, sitting at # 58 in the sub and 14 overall.. lost my top 10 bullseye reward.

Bad form on the update.

First off, knowing firsthand what it feels like to repeatedly lose things in MPQ through no fault of my own, I feel you. That sucks.

Second, I'm a bit confused about the loss. Did you lose out on a refresh, or did the update actually break something. I guess I'm mainly asking so I can be prepared for what's to come...

DBC
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:

Bad form on the update.

First off, knowing firsthand what it feels like to repeatedly lose things in MPQ through no fault of my own, I feel you. That sucks.

Second, I'm a bit confused about the loss. Did you lose out on a refresh, or did the update actually break something. I guess I'm mainly asking so I can be prepared for what's to come...

DBC

Had nothing to do with the refresh, was less then an hour left in the sub. It prompted me to update, then i updated, and lost loads of progression, and the iso/silver crud tokens that had come with it.

Not in the mood to do another support ticket, i still have an escalated one going on a few weeks that i have heard nothing on..
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    haven't been playing events for a while jumped in on simulator round 3 to get a bullseye cover, spent 650HP to buy a roster slot for 2* mags... what has the world come to?
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Conforming with the equal time rule, the worst recent moment was finishing the DP PvP with 997 points. Not enough high value matches available to me to get the KP cover. icon_cry.gif
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Finished the season at 26th.
    Granted, I decided I would rather go see Mad Max with my partner for the last two hours of the season. But still, that extra 10-pack probably would've been significantly useful.
  • Nellobee wrote:
    Finished the season at 26th.
    Granted, I decided I would rather go see Mad Max with my partner for the last two hours of the season. But still, that extra 10-pack probably would've been significantly useful.

Since this is the "reality thread", I should point out that an extra 10 pack wouldn't have done you any more good other than giving you extra ISO. icon_lol.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    Ever since my phone updated to lollipop my game crashes mid-battle causing me to lose health on my heroes as well as the battle I was playing - really burns in PvP. Happens at least once/day. I'm due for an upgrade soon, hopefully that helps.