How to be faster than light in LRs?

Options
Unknown
edited January 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
So, I was participating in Magneto's LR and got quite good amount of points. So there's that player Hellbreather with team of lv15Mag/lv25GSBW(only green covers)/lv30XFWolv(only yellow), while I have lv18Mag(1red and 2purple)/lv72Wolv/lv60OBW. Of course I took him on and quite easy smashed his team. Now, there's where strange things started to happen - when I got out of reward screens, I got massage that I was retaliated by this same player and lost. Well, okay, that happens. Since he had more points than I'm I attacked him again - and right after I won I got message that he retaliated. It was four-five times - and each time he retaliated almost instantly.
Now, from my experience characters without maxed abilities and on lower levels should be much weaker than with maxed abilities, even considering difference in **. But it seems I was wrong, so my question - how to acheve such high speed with similar team? What should I do immediately retaliate after being attacked? icon_question.gif

Comments

• You have to cheat I suppose.
  • Perhaps the first time he attacked you as you were attacking him, and it turned into retaliate since you just attacked him. Then each successive time, he was attacking you from the time before. He probably thought you were the cheater lol
  • Was wondering the exact same thing regarding this guy.

Was running 90 Mag / 70 Doom / 63 Ares so didn't have much trouble with this team. He then pulled off a successful retaliation which got me curious so I attacked again and was retaliated against again. We must have done this 3x and he only took slightly longer to defeat my team as I did to take his - with double boosts it wouldn't have been more than 1-2mins. Never took him more than one attempt either.

I'm not an expert at this game but I've been playing for a fair amount of time and frankly can't figure out how that team can win so reliably and quickly against mine, which features two 100% boosted characters both of which are higher level than all his characters combined. Even with maxed green grey widow's aoe doesn't hit too hard at level 25 and it takes time to generate the AP even with her maxed purple. I don't want to accuse anyone of cheating, maybe he's just a lot better than I am but I'd love to know how this is done.
  • Just to add - GSBW's green was not maxed and hit for only 600+ damage. I sincerely cannot understand how he could win with such team.
  • He must be cheating .

There is no way he can win against any decent team.

On a 2nd thought. Maybe the low level is his tank team.

He used stronger team to retaliate, but server lag cause you not facing the proper team.
  • It's possible for the server to lag so much that I didn't see his 'real' team in a span of 15mins of attacking and counter-attacking?
  • To get a high speed, you should focus on dropping a lot of ISO on boosts. If you don't wanna waste ISO (as in, you still have character levels to gain), just hang onto them and deal with the fact you're a bit slower. I usually save 3-4 all/redyellow/greenblack boosts for the last 10 minutes, and just try to slam my way higher in tournaments. Usually don't have to pay to refill 'em since they're gotten naturally over time, and I just shield once I'm in the ranking I need for LR's. This almost backfired in that last Magneto round though, as... I shielded, and nobody attacked me for the last 13 minutes, and I got 24th place, almost costing me the cover. :T