Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Unknown
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
i've been back at it for a while so i guess i should edit this post. original post is in spoilers below. i've kinda moved past caring what the devs do and am just enjoying playing the game with others in the community now.
...cause i despise that other thread (nothing personal against the op) and dont believe in moral victories. and cause i've had it and just dont give a tinykitty anymore. really, the best moment one could have with mpq is the moment it's uninstalled from your phone forever.

that said, not sure if there's such a thing as a worst 'moment', as it's just ALL bad. after not opening mpq for a week, realized that it was the last day of the season from chatter on LINE. ok, so bad moment #1. all the chatter on LINE was over one of our top scorers ditching us on the last day. whereas before we were well in the top100, we are now sitting at #100 on the spot. ok, so i feel bad for my alliance mates who still cared and want that kingpin cover so i opened up mpq (bad moment #2) and decided to push some points to help out the alliance. first match after seed teams in DP pvp, my entire team needs health packs (bad moment #3). i was doing good and about to win the match unscathed until, yep, you guessed it...ridiculous cascade into multiple abilities and whales was dropped on me (ok, so 4 bad moments, but of course this wouldnt have happened if not everyone and their mothers were buffed). after the ai decided it was done with its hour-long turn, i won two turns later. i was running max DP, cage, and lvl300 4or btw. i skip around and realize its all max 240 teams and i thought to myself...this is pointless. i'll likely get another 100 points before i'm out of health packs and out of heroes that can compete with max 240 teams. so i shut down the game. (which is always the least worst mpq moment of the day).

lol the 'fun' part of the game has become how quickly i can be done with playing it smh. anyways, this is definitely my last season, and any effort (which is very little) that i've even tried to put into this game lately has only been for the sake of my alliance cause they're some of the best people one could ever ask to suffer with through a trainwreck of a game like this one. so i guess this doubles as my retirement post. finally. now i can get back to playing future fight!

edit: feel free to do whatever ya'll want with this thread. use it to vent. use it to argue. or just let it fade into oblivion, i care not. just remember.. negativity is simply reality for those who aren't sippin the kool aid

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    The part I don't understand about your story is when you say that you think that your team as you describe it couldn't compete with 240 level teams. I faced the same kind of opponents and worse (including 350 4*s, for example) with my (pre-buffs) 150 DP and 160 Daken plus 200 X-Force. I got 880 points and I'd likely would have been able to push for a 1000 if the end of my PVE slice wasn't happening around the same time.

Sure, you got a really bad cascade and got screwed. That happened to me too a few times, but that's the reason why you start early in PVP and play sporadically rather than a desperate rush at the end.

Back to the topic, my worst moment of the day was in the Daken + Blade node in PVE, Blade got an early lucky board with lots of red. Worse, even, the red tiles were distributed in a way I couldn't match them away, so he kept accruing strike tiles (helped by Daken) and even more red tiles rained and I still was unable to match them away. Got as bad as having 14 red tiles with strike tiles on them and not a single one was able to be matched. My guys HP was being eaten away, but I was holding... then the AI gets a lucky cascade that gives it 5 purple and Blade uses Keep Your Enemies Closer. Yay for over 3k damage per turn. The worst thing was realising that I was so thoroughly owned by a team of 156 level guys, when I had easily been defeating level 300 guys in the other nodes all day.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, in the other thread I say "DDQ, always, every day". So this is the corollary?

Scaling has been preventing me from even playing PVE, so "not playing PVE again today" is right up there. MMR isn't much better, so "only seeing max teams all day long in PVP" is right up there also.

Teams recovering health at end of matches would eliminate both of those problems and keep me having fun and playing. But having fun and lots of play are sort of the antithesis of the game philosophy around here, I think.
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    The part I don't understand about your story is when you say that you think that your team as you describe it couldn't compete with 240 level teams. I faced the same kind of opponents and worse (including 350 4*s, for example) with my (pre-buffs) 150 DP and 160 Daken plus 200 X-Force. I got 880 points and I'd likely would have been able to push for a 1000 if the end of my PVE slice wasn't happening around the same time.

Sure, you got a really bad cascade and got screwed. That happened to me too a few times, but that's the reason why you start early in PVP and play sporadically rather than a desperate rush at the end.

obviously if i wanted to i could've pushed further, but like i said i was only playing to push season points for my alliance. the point i was trying to make wasnt that i couldnt compete but that i didnt see the point to. having all my biases against this game confirmed to me in just one match after not playing for a week was pretty positive i guess. ok. back to future fight!
  • Worst moment happened right now

Finally reach top 25 of tex mex pretty hard to reach with a level 94 2 stars roster (I don't know why but can't find people of my lvl)

I'm doing my last game 3 min before the end,

I win, pass the reward and.......

Surprise

I mean really in 3 minutes...

And of course defeat by people with maxed 4 stars, and at least 20 maxed 3 stars

**** is wrong in matchmaking
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Well, in the other thread I say "DDQ, always, every day". So this is the corollary?

Scaling has been preventing me from even playing PVE, so "not playing PVE again today" is right up there. MMR isn't much better, so "only seeing max teams all day long in PVP" is right up there also.

Teams recovering health at end of matches would eliminate both of those problems and keep me having fun and playing. But having fun and lots of play are sort of the antithesis of the game philosophy around here, I think.
    My wors moment of the day was going through PVP and kept seeing SnowcaTT. I try not to hit forum players if I can help it unless I know they are shielded. I kept skipping you and you kept popping up in my que.
    2nd worst moment realizing PVP was going to be a Deadpool Luke Cage slug fest and every match was going to take 10+ min. That crazy protect tile and everyone with huge health makes this a slog. I will admit to using super whales a couple time this PVP.
  • linkounet wrote:
    Worst moment happened right now

Finally reach top 25 of tex mex pretty hard to reach with a level 94 2 stars roster (I don't know why but can't find people of my lvl)

Surprise

And of course defeat by people with maxed 4 stars, and at least 20 maxed 3 stars

You lost 153 places in THREE minutes? icon_eek.gif

Oh yeah, that's why I don't bother with PvP. Sheesh.

DBC
  • If anyone no matter the team they are fielding is fighting max teams the minimum points should be 50. That's why this game is going to fail. I bucked up Money until nerfs and that **** reward system **** me out of a star lord cover.

Devs don't want players that stick around. Only new blood err money. Vets don't spend cash. That's why vets face vets. It's not equal play ****. It's greedy **** devs.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    worst moment today was getting the ninja/storm yellow loop for all 3 kills on my first run of big enchilada today. kill ninja, turn to smoke hits. if storm is in front, that is enough to trigger her yellow which hits the other ninjas but doesn't kill them. but, turn to smoke hits again. this happened for all 3 kills for my first run at it today. was able to match away some but ended rd 1 with 18 attacks out and not nearly enough ap banked to finish. limped in on my 2nd run but that bug sucks.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Worst part of the day recently:
    Having all the **** teisatsus Turn to Smoke even though I stunned em fore I killed em. (Devs, if you can't see that the only right thing to do is to remove them from the game until the problem is fixed then you really are as bad as your most malignantly negative detractors say you are.)

Seeing that the AI has learned how to very effectively play keep away even though better matches are available for them and so having to set up gimme match fours for them so I can get what I need.

Seeing the AI get such ridiculously impossible cascades every turn that Scarlet Witch was able to waste my entire team twice after I had dropped Iron Fist while Iron Man fiddled with his ball bearings. Seriously, at one point I could have taken a dump, run to the store and taken a nap her turns were taking so long. This happened twice before I beat that team by the skin of my teeth at the cost of three health packs-again.

Seeing the matches drag forever as Vision screws around and the game updating me every damned turn on how many AP the enemy team has making it impossiblr to switch targets until it goes away.

Seeing compensation handled so miserly. I feel like poor Bob Cratchet praying for one more lump of coal to stave off Pneumonia. I don't play Heroes Charge every day but every time I log on I see something like "sorry about the 2 hours of spotty server availability, here's 100 gems and 10,000 gold". So much better than the file a ticket, wait ten weeks, give up and forget about it. I recently got an email about the ticket I put in several weeks ago about the missing Taco Tokens. Hell it had been so long and service has been so shoddy that I had forgotten all about it and I don't even know if I got them back. Didn't even bother replying.

Having the difficulty so cranked that I have to use a health pack or two after every match.

Feeling like so many people are pissed and quitting that the game will go under soon.
  • Born2DieNPvP
    Born2DieNPvP Posts: 163
    The first node in the Deadpool pve sub. I used the loaner team so I didn't lose anything but time and self respect. But it reminded me of the painful lesson that the shiny new 3 star I just grinded days to get is so much **** when Luke Cage and Hawkeye start off with a 15 minute cascade. 3 games in a row. People keep tossing out the phrase "confirmation bias". I do not think it means what you think it means. icon_lol.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    The first node in the Deadpool pve sub. I used the loaner team so I didn't lose anything but time and self respect. But it reminded me of the painful lesson that the shiny new 3 star I just grinded days to get is so much **** when Luke Cage and Hawkeye start off with a 15 minute cascade. 3 games in a row. People keep tossing out the phrase "confirmation bias". I do not think it means what you think it means. icon_lol.gif

Probability's a ****, innit? Sometimes you get snake eyes every time out. Sometimes things go your way. Confirmation bias doesn't mean "things never go poorly." It means you're more inclined to remember the times you rolled snake eyes than the time you pulled a win out of the seat of your pants. When you pull out the win, the inclination is to go "woo! next match."

When you feel like you've been jobbed, that festers for a while.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please take out the filter dodges, because I know you know better. icon_e_smile.gif Thanks.
  • wuweird
    wuweird Posts: 75 Match Maker
    My worst moment of the day was in the current Deadpool PVP. I was fielding a Patch/Falcon team against a capped 'Pool/Hulk/2* Thor team. I was grabbing all of the green I could to trigger Patch's Berserker Rage and immediately after triggering it Thor decided that enh, 8 green AP is close enough to 14 and down came the Call of the Storm. No matches before hand, no NPCs to generate green AP, just another instance of the AI magically finding the AP it needed (maybe behind the couch?) to annihilate my team at the 11th hour.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    OMFG at the title of this thread. I literally let out a cackle. lol

Worst for me lately has been SWARM SWARM FEED THE SYSTEM FEED THE SYSTEM FEED THE SYSTEM SWARM.

Also, Turn To Bugs going off like 12 times in one round, with only two Tetsucacas or whatever they are called.
  • Mine was final node on Simulator vs Prof X.
    Smashing it and with whole team vs just Prof X at the end. "Easy" I thought to myself, and had got some favourable cascades all the way through. Everything was going right. Iron Fist and Luke Cage with powers ready to slap him off his wheels.

But then Prof X drops his invisibility power and the tile is unbearably out of reach for me to match. So he proceeds to destroy my whole team from the comfort of his shiny wheeled death chariot....his invisible shiny wheeled death chariot.
    Arghhhhhhhhhhh!

Fortunately cleared it next attempt, 3 health packs later!
  • Good thread Will sure come here to share from time to time.

Worst moment of the day. Playing a match when someone call with internet phone. Game crash. Health pack. Tinykitty
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    linkounet wrote:
    Worst moment happened right now

Surprise

You just don't play in the last half an hour of the PVP. Just do not. It's like playing hopscotch on a river boiling with piranhas and hoping that your feet don't become mince.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Worst moment of the day (well last night) was sitting at 7th place in the simulator with 30 minutes left and my mobile that I play on rang.

Tried to say I would call them back after ten but they just kept on speaking. Ended up 11th.

That's it voicemail on in the future.
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    I got a horror hop story from yesterday too. Was within one win from the 1k mark in TexMex, decided I'm going to superwhales for the win just to be sure. Went in with purple boostx2 and all boostx2, and brought Hood too to be safe.
    Collected purple up to 13, just one short of pushing the button, and that last purple match just wouldn't happen. AI coincidentally matched away any stray purples, and there were just 2 or 3 left scattered, so Hood couldn't steal. Tried Twinpistolling to shake up the board, 0 new purple tiles dropped in. No choice, had to keep Deadpool alive to wait for that last purple, so I pushed Hood out in front. But the ever gallant Deadpool brushed Hood aside and insisted on eating the Surgicalstrike and XForce and Smite face first.

So Deadpool died, I lost the match, and discovered I got sniped in the meantime for -40+ pts from somewhere WAY below.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Posting in the other thread it would still be "DDQ", so I only posted once. I could come here and post every day.

Let's see - opened up the day by opening six heroics from end of events, nothing needed in them.

Only got three seed nodes - the new "normal" in PVP.

After those tried to run one more weak LT/Loki + 2* Storm with my 166 LT/Loki + XForce. Turn 2 they hit a match-4 blue, so turn 3 my Loki would steal it, right? Try turn 3 cascade into so much blue they could freeze LT, then they Loki/cascade into enough green to CoTS on turn 4 killing X-force....there was a match four red that would give me more countdowns, but their Loki "randomly" shifted all of those countdown red into a match-six red....Yeah, this early morning match against a weak team as the 4th PVP round I played will be the worst moment of the day for sure. I somehow came back to won it with LT under 1K health and the other two downed.