Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Comments

• it hasn't happened yet, but it will be the day i get a GT blue, I will be ready to throw my phone at the wall in delight
  • Mine is also a Deadpool Daily one. Using maxed 2* Thor, maxed 2* Black Widow and Loki (unlevelled but have got max purple covers) - 100% success in final mode.

Wave 1 and 3 - goons - only use OBW blue and Loki purple to control countdowns. OBW blue to heal if you happen to take any damage. No other powers used. Resist and just accumulate AP. Always try and finish last goon with Loki purple so you get first go at Villains. Or another power if you really have to.
    Wave 2 and 4 - always go in to those waves with pretty much maxed AP all other colours. The villains never even get a turn, seriously.

So drop double Thor green, followed by double Thor Yellow. That basically re-fills green at least once. 3 x Thor Red. Potential generate more yellow matches. And often I have near to 15-30 purple AP still unused so use OBW to steal AP that the goons generated. Also, Loki purple if Thor yellow places greens too spread out.

So satisfying, and has never failed. Feels good to feel like I have the advantage for once!
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    For me, there have been a few. During the Starlord event, I finished in the top 50 to get his purple cover. The very next time I played, got a gold token and got his yellow cover (now just need red). Then, during the Kingpin event, had no hope at all of getting a reward cover but got a gold token and pulled Kingpin yellowflag.png (his most useful color if you only have one!).

Notable: Got my 10-pack from season XIII and first cover was Thoress blueflag.png . That gave me my first 4* character to have all three colors!
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    This morning I cleared the Enchilada with nary a scratch, got a needed Punisher (red) and opened a taco.. it was disappointingly that grey cover.. then 250HP! I love that.

Cleared the rest of the DPDQ, and opened my other taco... utterly confused when I saw the Blade (green) as it isn't today's enchilada prize. Realized that I needed some coffee, and I just got a much needed bonus Blade!

Today was a good morning for the game.
  • Random token pulls today:
    blackflag.pngicon_hulk.pngBusta icon_ironman.png
    redflag.pngicon_lukecage.png
    blackflag.pngicon_blade.png

I'll take it icon_mrgreen.gif
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Not a token pull story. (Those are fun to experience, but not as fun to read.)

... Fighting with Colossus essential (PvE or PvP, don't remember). Fastballed Patch. Right before he lands, the enemy (Gamora?) stuns the other two, so Patch owns all tiles when he lands for a free red.

Murder Death Kill.

Then, I fired off another full board Patch Red.

Murder Death Kill.

It was beautiful.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Had no Colossus (sold a few to open up spots for better chars) for the current events. I was in 3rd place last night in the hulk sub with no hope of making up ground. Pulled the one heroic token I had laying around: Colossus red. Played the Colossus essential twice and got up to 2nd! Both event tokens for getting 2nd pulled golds too ( icon_caroldanvers.png & icon_squirrelgirl.png )
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    First fully covered 3*, Colossus at 3/5/5. Not the best 3* in the game but I'm fine with that (it's fun to throw Wolverine in the air).

Colossus was the first covers I won through PVP placement when he was introduced into the game, so it seems logical he's the first to be finished.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    I've had two great moments this week:

On Tuesday morning, I pulled Colossus out of a standard token, making it possible for me to try his essential nodes. (I earned a single cover when he was released, but had to sell it later in the pre-DDQ days).

Yesterday, I remarked toy alliance that if I pulled a red Patch cover before the week was over, I'd have my first 166. Guess what was one of my morning tacos?
  • For today I'll say clearing Ninjas on 2nd try
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    For today, clearing the final node on hard side of Simulator PVE with LThor having a whopping 352hp left.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    For today, clearing the final node on hard side of Simulator PVE with LThor having a whopping 352hp left.
    always satisfying to barely make it like that. been there this week several times.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    After reading the scariness that is the Turn To Smoke bug since the patch... I reluctantly went through DDQ backwards today. Normally I start with 1* and move my way up.

I played the essential, got my Taco, and pulled a greenflag.pngicon_blade.png ; nice! The pressure was off if the Big Enchilada proved impossible.

Beat the Big Enchilada on my 3rd try, managing to not kill anyone in the first round with an ability until the last move and killing Muscle with Thor's Red so I can keep my turn after the next wave arrived. So that was my 2nd greenflag.pngicon_blade.png

Went through the rest of DDQ, pulled the 2nd Taco Token and pulled redflag.pngicon_wolverine.png Patch.

For as messed up as DDQ is today with the bugs, I almost avoided it... thank goodness I didn't!
  • Deadpool gave me some Doritos Locos Tacos today

yellowflag.pngicon_wolverine.png & 250 imcoin.png
  • DanBenZvi
    DanBenZvi Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Not a DDQ moment but an enjoyable one all the same:

Been beavering away at the Simulator, hoping to stay in at least the Top 150 so I can snag at least one cover for nu- icon_bullseye.png (what can I say, I like the shiny). Made my way up to the Recruit Token progression award. Went to open the pack, jokingly saying "hope it's nu- icon_bullseye.png ". And the pack is...

...gold. Three star. And I'm thinking "nah, couldn't be..." So, I open it...

...and it is. It's nu- icon_bullseye.png . Specifically, it's nu- icon_bullseye.pngblackflag.png , which is only being awarded to those scoring places 3-10 in their brackets (which I *know* I won't).

Dunno how much luck I blew through with that pull but it certainly made me smile.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    DanBenZvi wrote:

Been beavering away at the Simulator, hoping to stay in at least the Top 150 so I can snag at least one cover for nu- icon_bullseye.png (what can I say, I like the shiny). Made my way up to the Recruit Token progression award. Went to open the pack, jokingly saying "hope it's nu- icon_bullseye.png ". And the pack is...

...and it is. It's nu- icon_bullseye.png . Specifically, it's nu- icon_bullseye.pngblackflag.png , which is only being awarded to those scoring places 3-10 in their brackets (which I *know* I won't).

Dunno how much luck I blew through with that pull but it certainly made me smile.

Mind posting a screenshot? I haven't seen him yet!!!!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    last 24 hrs have been good:
    * icon_blade.pnggreenflag.png earned my blade his first green through the glitched ninja mess
    * icon_daken.pngpurpleflag.pngblackflag.pngblueflag.png finished 7th in hulk, getting all 3 dakens
    * icon_hulk.pnggreenflag.png last token of hulk gave me another hulk green, giving me my 5th and I was able to bring hulk into my big group at 104
    * icon_ms_marvel.pngyellowflag.png pulled marvel yellow from the hulk alliance finish token
    * icon_wolverine.pngyellowflag.png got my patch his first yellow in today's ddq
    * icon_deadpool.png ??? doing well in the pvp for deadpool and will get at least t100, shooting for t25

and not banging my head against dark avengers and using 6 different teams during my first simulator clear (mostly - skipped the last one). nice to be able to go with some variety rather than feeling like every node needed to have my AAA team just in case it went a little sideways.

edit: after reading the trouble people were having on the last sim node I went ahead and tried it and made it first try. haven't felt such satisfaction after a single match in a long time. was able to flip the sentry strikes with loki one turn before core meltdown would have happened and then it got easy. whew.
  • DanBenZvi
    DanBenZvi Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Malcrof wrote:
    DanBenZvi wrote:

Don't mind at all. I seem to be missing a step, though, because the forum isn't allowing me to post screenshots from my iPhone.
  • DanBenZvi wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    DanBenZvi wrote:

Don't mind at all. I seem to be missing a step, though, because the forum isn't allowing me to post screenshots from my iPhone.

Youd have to get the image hosted first on a 3rd party website first, and then post the link icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    My moment of the day: Got to play with XForce for the first time ever (in the Main Simulator node).
    Day 130 so my first cover is right around the corner!
    I never knew him pre nerf, but even post nerf, MY OH MY. I know hes maxed out pretty good and it'll be ages before I get one like that, but... me likey!!