** Storm (Classic) **

Comments

• Bugpop wrote:
    This kind of question gets asked a lot. It depends on their position. The center position, will take priority in a tie.

Ahh makes sense, she's auto-centered on upper right portal in divine tourney and i was rotating her out on the thor and ares portals with spiderman.

Will be sure to move her to side for other matches.

Thanks!
  • Does Storm do Raging Tempest for every team member injured? I've been noticing she sometimes casts it more than once. Just now, my Storm cast Wind Storm on Thor. It killed the third guy, damaged Thor and Storm. So enemy Storm retaliated with three Raging Tempests in succession, each one doing more damage than the previous one. I think the first one did like 350, then 800, then 1750. It was absurd. Is this as intended?
  • pumkin wrote:
    Does Storm do Raging Tempest for every team member injured? I've been noticing she sometimes casts it more than once. Just now, my Storm cast Wind Storm on Thor. It killed the third guy, damaged Thor and Storm. So enemy Storm retaliated with three Raging Storms in succession, each one doing more damage than the previous one. I think the first one did like 350, then 800, then 1750. It was absurd. Is this as intended?

yes you hit all three team members to engulf raging temptest. In the future try to use wind storm on c storm to stun her.

I believe what you also did was hit target 1 for 25% then target 2 for 25 % and finally target 3 was not only 25% but all team members were below the threshold to inflict more damage from raging temptest.
    Read the skill
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    pumkin wrote:
    Does Storm do Raging Tempest for every team member injured? I've been noticing she sometimes casts it more than once. Just now, my Storm cast Wind Storm on Thor. It killed the third guy, damaged Thor and Storm. So enemy Storm retaliated with three Raging Storms in succession, each one doing more damage than the previous one. I think the first one did like 350, then 800, then 1750. It was absurd. Is this as intended?

yes you hit all three team members to engulf raging temptest. In the future try to use wind storm on c storm to stun her.

I believe what you also did was hit target 1 for 25% then target 2 for 25 % and finally target 3 was not only 25% but all team members were below the threshold to inflict more damage from raging temptest.
    Read the skill
    I have read the skill, more than once. It didn't clarify things for me, hence why I came to ask on the forums. At level 4 (I only have 4 levels, so that's the description I have access to) it says: "Storm surrounds her team with a whirling tempest that unleashes fury when provoked. If a team member is damaged for 20% of their max health, it deals 267 damage to all enemies. If every team member is below 50% health, damage increases to 1781."

It doesn't clarify that she casts this for each individual team member if they're all hit at once. This would make sense, although to me it's not clear from the description. Maybe it's just me.

It also doesn't say that damage increases each time she casts it, which it did. It seemed to double each time.

It also doesn't say that it applies to damage she takes. The way it's phrased implies, at least to me, that it's referring to Storm's team members, ie. the other two people on the team. Maybe it would be clearer if it said "if any member of the team." Maybe it's just me.

It also says that if "every team member is below 50% health, damage increases to 1781." Thor wasn't below 50% health after I hit him. It was a lvl 85 Thor, so over 10k health, and it was the first time I attacked him in the match. Even buffed in the tourney, Storm's Wind Storm doesn't do 5k+ damage. So why did damage increase to 1781? I'm pretty sure I wasn't buffed that fight because the third guy was a squishy one (wiped out in one Wind Storm) and Storm herself is pretty squishy even at 85. And even a 20% dmg increase wouldn't bring it to 5k.
  • I noticed this too. I think it's some kind of bug on the triggering condition of tempest.

I think sometimes it just take the overall hp and divide by 2. If total hp less than the number, then tempest does the high damage. Otherwise, I don't know the triggering condition too.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just wondering if it's worth it for me to spend 1000HP to buy 2 remaining green covers for Storm, or should I just wait for my luck with free tokens?
  • kensterr wrote:
    Just wondering if it's worth it for me to spend 1000HP to buy 2 remaining green covers for Storm, or should I just wait for my luck with free tokens?

If she is someone you rely heavily on, I would do it. It's a great ability and it will help you immensely win better awards right away.

My opinion is probably a minority as people will instead tell you to save your HP on cover space and shields. But, I disagree.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, she along with Thor are the two that I rely mostly upon. I have quite bad luck getting the rare *** covers to make using those characters more regularly. After Storm I might want to spend on Wolverine or Ares.
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    I can't understand the effect of the green skill: at lv5 she "Shatters 1 tile for every Green AP", the cost is 12 Green AP, so she destroy only 12 tiles?
  • For every green AP...as in how many green AP you have total. So at a minimum it's 12 tiles. (since you'll need 12 to cast it)
  • TheHood wrote:
    I can't understand the effect of the green skill: at lv5 she "Shatters 1 tile for every Green AP", the cost is 12 Green AP, so she destroy only 12 tiles?
    Yeah, and that means if you use the green at 12 AP, it's no different from her rank 4.
    But if you get 22 green AP let's say, that means she will destroy 22 tiles.
  • Yes, up to 30 tiles, the maximum ap you can have per game per color.
  • In the comparison between thsee 2, i found tat modern storm with 1 * has a more powerful tile destruction skill compared to C.storm. For an example she just needs 10 green in order to generate bonus 16 AP FOR her team! Instead of C.storm who needs at least 16 Green to generate 16 ap for her team... I hope dev will reconsider C.Storm's green as she's a 2** cover and shud perform better against a 1* Storm.. Hopefully u can remake her green to destroy at least 6 Tiles + 1 for every green ap her team has???
  • that would be good , if they capped it at 30 tiles , because if someone just keeps all the greens until they have 30 , 36 tiles is a lot of AP to get back. But i agree nonetheless , her green needs to be buffed, or perharps change both storms' kit completly , i find the 1 star kit , wayyyy better then the 2 ** one.
  • C.Storm's green isn't straightforwardly worse than M.Storm's, it's conditional. But yeah, let's not kid ourselves, it's worse. She's far better in other respects, though: she takes 1.2 seconds longer to die, can do any damage at all, stuns, and has a passive retaliation AoE. If you look at many characters, you'll note the rarity progression really isn't always "same kitty, just better", and I think that's by design. Likely only reason M.Storm isn't on the nerf queue is that she does no real damage on her own and is limited by her level cap. If she scaled up to 141, she'd be a Ragsesque nightmare with her no more turns for you shenanigans.

If you really mean "tile destruction", Juggernaut - omg another 1*! - has the best version of that skill. But only the Storms generate AP from it, and other characters who can do that (MNMags, Bag Lady, The Hood, off the top of my head) do it in different ways with their own limitations.
  • And then there's the odd time when the AI Ares uses rampage and brings all 3 of your chars below 50%, 5k+ dmg to all! icon_rolleyes.gif
  • I'll just say this: Pairing C.Storm with GSBW in this recent (garbage) Heroic event has made me realize her green is pretty interesting as it is. You hit a lot of green with GSBW's purple, then nuke a vast majority of the board rather than Sniper Rifle (although I'd rather Sniper Rifle if enemies weren't sporting 10k health).
  • Imo, buff her health or raging tempest. Biggest flaw with green is you need a lot of green to make it worthwhile and sending her out front to get all those matches is a losing game.

As said, it can be deadly when you have the AP. Currently, you need an AP generator to do that: obw, gsbw, Rags, Thor, Hulk, etc. Which to me is backwards since she is supposed to be the AP generator herself.

If I were to buff Lightning Storm, I'd keep same functionality but reduce cost to 8 AP. This lowers the threshold where it is better than m.Storm to 13 AP. Currently, that threshold is 19.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    If I were to buff Lightning Storm, I'd keep same functionality but reduce cost to 8 AP. This lowers the threshold where it is better than m.Storm to 13 AP. Currently, that threshold is 19.

Could you explain a bit more about those numbers, please.

Comparing their green powers, I'd still chose c.Storm together with Thor (his new level 5 or 4 yellow skill) or some other character that can generate green tiles, unless the batle is in a forrest or a desert. In that case it's hard to say because m.Storm is very reliable then, but much slower. Still, when the opponent has m.Storm on those kinds of boards, I dare not leave my m.Storm out. Because even the AI has no problem winning if marginally more lucky and it still takes painfully long to lose.

Oh and both my Storms are still comparable in level - one is 40 and the other is 37.
  • I think some of you are a bit confused about this.
    Is simple: Modern Storm's green is ALWAYS better than Classic Storm's one (both level 5), except maybe if you last/only use is at 17-18-19 (you expend far more AP per tile shattered, but you shatter a bit more), and even in that case, only presuming that shattering 16 tiles will not give you the green you need to reach from 7-8-9 to 10 green AP again with Modern Storm.
    Because at 20 (10+10) green AP, Modern Storm shatters 32 tiles (you KNOW you can use a power more than once in a turn, don't you icon_e_wink.gif ?), a number that Classic can't reach not even at 30 green AP.
    But Classic Storm can reach more level, her blue is good and her yellow average to weak, but can do reasonable damage in some circumstances (and at least is passive).
    Modern Storm's red is quite contextual (but reasonably cheap), and her black is very good as a beginner, but almost meaningless when you progress into the game and the enemies have thousands of life points. She is a well designed 1* character (yes, designers made good design choices... those were the good times...): very useful AND funny at the beginning of the game, and from time to time as a support character if you want some board "shaking" against average opponents.