Energy Suit Black Widow 4*

Options
Buret0
Buret0 Posts: 1,591
edited May 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
I don't really think that we need another BW, but did anyone else watching the latest Avengers movie wonder:

"What's with the suit that she's wearing? Was it ever explained why she had glowing blue lines on her suit? Was this a Stark invention that just never got explained? Is it giving her power, or is just aesthetic?"

Anyway, I thought for sure that Energy Suit Black Widow would be the next 4* iteration.

Possible Powers:

Evasion. blackflag.png Passive. Using her agility, Natasha automatically avoids 50% of damage that exceeds 10% of her maximum health.
Level 1 - 50%/10%
Level 2 - 55%/10%
Level 3 - 60%/10%
Level 4 - 65%/10%
Level 5 - 65%/5%

Widow's Bite. blueflag.png Passive. Natasha sends a wave of electricity through her suit, charging her weapons. Whenever ESBW matches a tile and she has more than 6 Blue AP, stuns the target for 1 turn and consumes 5 Blue AP.
Level 1 - 1 Turn/5 AP
Level 2 - 1 Turn/4 AP
Level 3 - 2 Turns/4 AP
Level 4 - 3 Turns/4 AP
Level 5 - 3 Turns/3 AP

-Warning, Cascades may cause a significant drain to your Blue AP-

Edit, Alternative:

Level 1 - 1 Turn/5 AP
Level 2 - 1 Turn/4 AP
Level 3 - 1 Turn/4 AP, drains 1 random AP
Level 4 - 1 Turn/4 AP, steals 1 random AP
Level 5 - 2 Turns/4 AP, steals 1 AP of the matched color, if any, otherwise steals 1 random AP

Manipulation. purpleflag.png Natasha manipulates the other team, forcing them to work against one another. Creates a 2 turn CD tile that prevents all enemy active and passive abilities from firing and freezes all enemy CD tiles. 10 AP.
Level 1 - 2 turn CD
Level 2 - 2 turn CD/9 AP
Level 3 - 3 turn CD/9 AP
Level 4 - 3 turn CD/8 AP
Level 5 - 3 turn CD/8 AP - While CD tile is present, enemy gains no AP from matches.
(Alternatively, enemy still gains AP, but match damage is randomly assigned to the enemy's own team)
Or maybe the Grey Towel Black Widow

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The purpleflag.png is very creative, love seeing new game mechanics that would be fun to use!

blueflag.png a passive that activates like an active.. interesting puzzle part there. having to keep a keen eye on your AP to make sure you stun who you want.. what would happen on a blue match 6.. I see it as a bit OP at 5 covers.. maybe after 3 covers, adds damage.. this would make for more interesting builds as the minimum cover for max is 3.

blackflag.png not sure about this.. would be hard to code with abilities that 1 shot her, since the attack would kill her instantly, it would not trigger, which defeats the purpose of the ability... nifty idea though!
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The blue is fascinating in its design. These are fun abilities.

I hereby suggest you do Recue next.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Another twist on 5 cover purpleflag.png .. this is BW after all, why not do a steal 1 AP of any enemy color match while CD is on the board.

They get 2, you get 1
  • Buret0
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Another twist on 5 cover purpleflag.png .. this is BW after all, why not do a steal 1 AP of any enemy color match while CD is on the board.

They get 2, you get 1

Yeah, but isn't that just Shapeshift?
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Buret0 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

They get 2, you get 1

Yeah, but isn't that just Shapeshift?

Doesn't last as long as shapeshift, but brings a little bit of the "espionage" factor back.
  • Buret0
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    The purpleflag.png is very creative, love seeing new game mechanics that would be fun to use!

blueflag.png a passive that activates like an active.. interesting puzzle part there. having to keep a keen eye on your AP to make sure you stun who you want.. what would happen on a blue match 6.. I see it as a bit OP at 5 covers.. maybe after 3 covers, adds damage.. this would make for more interesting builds as the minimum cover for max is 3.

blackflag.png not sure about this.. would be hard to code with abilities that 1 shot her, since the attack would kill her instantly, it would not trigger, which defeats the purpose of the ability... nifty idea though!

I thought it would be interesting to see a 4* that didn't have a big damage ability, but instead just kept your team alive longer and prevented the other team from getting their moves flowing.

Evasion should be able to work even on one shots. The damage is calculated, reduced/increased by any protect tiles and strike tiles, then compared to her max health. If the damage is over the threshold at that point, then it is reduced by the indicated %. It may still be enough to kill her in one shot even after the reduction.

The blue ability might be overpowered. I think that a passive/active stun ability should stun for no longer than 2 turns and should probably cost 4 blue AP at a minimum. I'd be open to other effects, such as perhaps random AP drain. I'll post an alternative in the OP.

Purple is interesting because it might be underpowered, right up until it gets to level 5. Which makes the ideal ability configuration subject to how you are going to use her in a team. I like having a huge jump in power level from four covers to five, kind of like Blade... five Black covers is great, but it means missing out on the great combo of five green/purple.

I foresee giving her a lower HP total than normal 4*s, but I don't know how low that would be... a bit less than IW/Electra. She makes up for it by avoiding a large % of hard hitting damage, forcing you to kill her a bit at a time instead of with one big move.
  • Buret0
    Options
    Updated the OP with the alternative blue power (feels a little less 4* in power, but it wouldn't be autonerfed when people figure out how to stunlock the other team for an entire battle). I also removed the redundant language from the purple ability.

I kind of like the new progression on the stun ability. It gets a bit cheaper, then it adds a random drain+stun, then it changes the drain to a random steal, and finally it adds a turn to the stun and changes the steal to make it like OBW's espionage.

Considering it automatically fires when the conditions are met, it would be very difficult to pair her up with anyone with an active blue power, unless you have someone tanking many of ESBW's colors (because it is only when ESBW makes the match that her power activates). Of course, that also means that if someone is tanking all three of her colors, she's not going to get a lot of use out of her Blue and Black powers (except for avoiding some damage from the AoE abilities).

I see her pairing really well with KK. I don't know if her Blue power would trigger KK's healing (the Black power shouldn't), but because of her damage avoidance abilities, the healing would go a long way. KK would cover yellow, green, and purple. ESBW would cover Black, Blue, and Purple. All you would need is someone with an active yellow, black, and red to complete the group. I think it would be situational and would depend on who is boosted.

Colossus comes to mind. He'll be able to use his yellow to tank when ESBW needs to heal (which would trigger KK's healing).

CMags would also be decent, except ESBW would likely drain his blue power, leaving only his red attack and his yellow protect tiles.

Scarlet Witch would be decent, but you are going to leave Red out and have three active Purple users (witch she would create... cwhatIdidthere?)

Hulk would be interesting, but your team is going to be missing active black and yellow... he and KK will be able to create a ton of green to power her bash.

Hood is always an option. Active black and yellow, doesn't use up the blue, AP deny... but AI will use Intimidation against your own CD tiles... not a lot of active power use for healing.

Hulkbuster is an option. You lose out on an active yellow and ESBW will drain the blue, leaving HB to burn through health using the Black to power his Red. Not having the AI burn through your blue powers will leave KK some green tiles on the board for bash.

3hor covers Red and Yellow active use, but fights with KK for the green. Nice, because it leaves ESBW alone on her three colors to make use of her stun and her ability to dodge a % of high damage attacks.

4hor isn't quite as good because you are sapping the blue, making her red less useful.

Black Panther doesn't have Red, but has the active yellow and black that the team needs. Perfect for a 5/3/5 Panther.

Cyclops has Red/Yellow/Black in perfect harmony. He could very well be the ideal third member when boosted or when none of the other ideal candidates are boosted.

Iron Fist lacks the active Red, but since none of them are using active black, the team would power that up quite quickly... perfect for the 5/5/3 ESBW build, so long as she tanks for IF in Purple and Black.

She-Hulk would be interesting... she'd be stealing KK's green to drain the enemy (and heal). She's got active Red that deals decent AoE damage. She won't be using her Blue, so perfect for the 3/5/5 SH build paired with a 3/5/5 ESBW build. Prevent the other team from gaining AP, steal their AP, drain their AP, stun them to prevent abilities from activating, and prevent abilities from firing when they have the AP to use them.

Interesting with a 3/5/5 XF build. Active Black and Yellow, KK fuels green. Recovery + KK Healing + ESBW evasion makes this a tough team to takedown with one shot power to go.

IM40 5/5/2 or 5/5/3 would be interesting. Fuel the Red and Blue (and Green) on the active yellow, which powers has cannons, ESBW's stun, and KK's bash.

Star Lord could be interesting. I think Everyone With Me would make ESBW's blue consume one less AP per use, while Oldest Trick would make enemy costs go up.

Sentry and KK like to have fun together. He's not getting in ESBW's way, so her 5/5/3 build would scare away most PvP teams when paired with Sentry and KK.

Set a 3/5/5 Patch up to tank Red/Green/Yellow and ESBW to tank Team/Blue/Black/Purple and hide KK behind them. Yeah, Berserker Rage might steal green from bash... but tell me that team isn't an automatic skip.

So there's a lot of fun combinations you could put with this team... and if you swap KK out for someone else, I'm sure there are other great teams that you could put together.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    I was thinking MoStorm for a partner.. the AP generation from her green would feed the world.