*** Vision (Android Avenger) ***

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    This might the first PvP where the loaner is scarier than a fully-covered featured.
  • Best Vision build is 0/1/0 ... So that the AI cannot use his other skills.
    I think the most amazing thing is releasing a hero worse than quicksilver so soon after his release. Soon they're gonna release a hero that no one can win the loaner node with, so no one actually can get into the event lol.....
  • I dunno, boosted up to max level, his low cost Blue might really hurt, and if you don't target him first, you're asking for disaster when simple cascade with him left alone will wipe you out. Still not Quicksilver bad level.
  • Nivrax wrote:
    I dunno, boosted up to max level, his low cost Blue might really hurt, and if you don't target him first, you're asking for disaster when simple cascade with him left alone will wipe you out. Still not Quicksilver bad level.
    This is the one situation he is good in, and has already been discussed in this thread.

But that's it. He's worse than Quicksilver by a longshot. Quicksilver at least has a place on SonOfMagstorm.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    edited May 2015
    I recruited Vision, because I love the character in the comics. I knew D3 was purposely gonna make some of the rushed movie tie ins completely awful, but WOW. He and Pietro are total caca. lol

I have him at level 40 with only 2 reds.

I have a Blue waiting in my queue.

Is he worth keeping? I mean, I know that he IS NOT, but would I have any success out of using him with that 1 / 2 / 0 build, whatsoever? I doubt it.....

Considerations :
    -He will be featured when Ultron runs again.
    -Marvel may eventually make D3 buff him (and hopefully Pietro, 3*Tony, and both Carols, as well)
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Nivrax wrote:
    I dunno, boosted up to max level, his low cost Blue might really hurt, and if you don't target him first, you're asking for disaster when simple cascade with him left alone will wipe you out. Still not Quicksilver bad level.

Yep. Just used my Vision for a test run. My team got knocked out early on and I thought I was done since 350 XForce was unscratched and all I had left was Vision at half life.

Vision tore him apart. It helped that I had Iron Fists attack tile which apparently triggers Visions bonus damage too. His blue triggers on all your cascades/matches. In the unlikely event you run out of blue, you can turtle down with yellow. If you get some bad luck and he is the last man standing, you are still in good shape icon_e_biggrin.gif

Alternately while the computer is pretty bad about using his yellow/blue, the fact that it will always have one buff up will ensure an annoying time for you.

I can't even imagine him fully maxed and buffed. If he is the last man standing he will do something like 1k+ damage per match, meaning a cascade = death. His yellow will be powerful enough to even take the edge off of many abilities and virtually all strike tiles.

Vision sucks? lol icon_lol.gif
  • Vision gets credit for the attack tile if he's in the center position, and he never gets credit for the attack tile if he's in any other position as long as the center character is still alive. This is usually a trivial condition to fulfill unless it's an essential node, and in that case it's never possible to fulfill this condition unless Vision is the featured character.
  • Dauthi wrote:
    Nivrax wrote:

Yep. Just used my Vision for a test run. My team got knocked out early on and I thought I was done since 350 XForce was unscratched and all I had left was Vision at half life.

Vision tore him apart. It helped that I had Iron Fists attack tile which apparently triggers Visions bonus damage too. His blue triggers on all your cascades/matches. In the unlikely event you run out of blue, you can turtle down with yellow. If you get some bad luck and he is the last man standing, you are still in good shape icon_e_biggrin.gif

Alternately while the computer is pretty bad about using his yellow/blue, the fact that it will always have one buff up will ensure an annoying time for you.

I can't even imagine him fully maxed and buffed. If he is the last man standing he will do something like 1k+ damage per match, meaning a cascade = death. His yellow will be powerful enough to even take the edge off of many abilities and virtually all strike tiles.

Vision sucks? lol icon_lol.gif
    Yes, he does. And so does patch on pvp for the most part, but leave him as last and a 3 cover red will one shot your 4*s
  • Bonus Heavy Density damage from Attack tiles certainly does elevate Vision's game, and I'm sure it wasn't intended. With that plus Iron Fist being his color inverse there is a natural synergy. You can basically guarentee 4+ Density triggers, more likely 6+ which for 5 AP is quite the damage.

One thing I have noticed is they have hard wired "Density Heavy" to trigger last on the list, instead of first. Several times I've seen Vision do both Light and Heavy in the same turn ending on Heavy. Also seen him use Light Beam and then Heavy Density which is practically never correct, so the AI still sucks at Vision even with the modification.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Bonus Heavy Density damage from Attack tiles certainly does elevate Vision's game, and I'm sure it wasn't intended. With that plus Iron Fist being his color inverse there is a natural synergy. You can basically guarentee 4+ Density triggers, more likely 6+ which for 5 AP is quite the damage.

One thing I have noticed is they have hard wired "Density Heavy" to trigger last on the list, instead of first. Several times I've seen Vision do both Light and Heavy in the same turn ending on Heavy. Also seen him use Light Beam and then Heavy Density which is practically never correct, so the AI still sucks at Vision even with the modification.

I'm not seeing any unusual behavior besides the usual color order. Yellow comes before red, which comes before blue, so Density Light comes before red which comes before Density Heavy, not counting any potential for saving up for a power with higher AP cost.

One interesting thing you can do is that a new density tile always destroys the existing one so you can create a 1 tile drop on demand. I've yet to see any situation where this would be useful for me though for some reason when the AI's doing jumping jacks they always manage to get this single tile cascade into something crazy.
  • Blue > Red > Yellow on Vision. So they must have hard wired Density: Heavy to the bottom of the list, meaning the AI can't get blueflag.png > redflag.png or yellowflag.png > redflag.png correct.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Blue > Red > Yellow on Vision. So they must have hard wired Density: Heavy to the bottom of the list, meaning the AI can't get blueflag.png > redflag.png or yellowflag.png > redflag.png correct.

The AI always executes ability from left to right on the AP display, which is yellowtile.pngredtile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.pngpurpletile.pngblacktile.pngtutile.png . Any yellow ability always has priority over any other color ability, though if they have say 6 yellow AP with both Vision and BP, they can always opt to save up for Battleplan instead of using Density: Light.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    Bonus Heavy Density damage from Attack tiles certainly does elevate Vision's game, and I'm sure it wasn't intended. With that plus Iron Fist being his color inverse there is a natural synergy. You can basically guarentee 4+ Density triggers, more likely 6+ which for 5 AP is quite the damage.

I'm not seeing any unusual behavior besides the usual color order. Yellow comes before red, which comes before blue, so Density Light comes before red which comes before Density Heavy, not counting any potential for saving up for a power with higher AP cost.

One interesting thing you can do is that a new density tile always destroys the existing one so you can create a 1 tile drop on demand. I've yet to see any situation where this would be useful for me though for some reason when the AI's doing jumping jacks they always manage to get this single tile cascade into something crazy.

i once used this to set up a match-5. I felt like the smartest **** in town. icon_cool.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, the extra damage will not be shown in the number that appears over the matched tiles - you have to look at how much is actually taken off the enemy's life bar, like with strike tiles.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    TLCstormz wrote:
    I recruited Vision, because I love the character in the comics. I knew D3 was purposely gonna make some of the rushed movie tie ins completely awful, but WOW. He and Pietro are total caca. lol

Is he worth keeping? I mean, I know that he IS NOT, but would I have any success out of using him with that 1 / 2 / 0 build, whatsoever? I doubt it.....

Considerations :
    -Marvel may eventually make D3 buff him (and hopefully Pietro, 3*Tony, and both Carols, as well)

I would truly appreciate an answer / opinions.

Thanks. icon_e_smile.gif
  • TLCstormz wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

Considerations :

I would truly appreciate an answer / opinions.

Thanks. icon_e_smile.gif
    every character is worth keeping, look at how essentials work now
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    Phantron wrote:
    though if they have say 6 yellow AP with both Vision and BP, they can always opt to save up for Battleplan instead of using Density: Light.

I've often wondered about that, Phantron -- is the AI coded to actually try waiting for more AP to execute the more-expensive of a same color ability? I always presumed that they execute abilities ASAP [in the order you listed] as soon as they have enough AP for any.

Thanks for any clarification you can provide!
  • Phantron wrote:
    though if they have say 6 yellow AP with both Vision and BP, they can always opt to save up for Battleplan instead of using Density: Light.

I've often wondered about that, Phantron -- is the AI coded to actually try waiting for more AP to execute the more-expensive of a same color ability? I always presumed that they execute abilities ASAP [in the order you listed] as soon as they have enough AP for any.

Thanks for any clarification you can provide!

Each turn the AI has a chance to save up for the more expensive move assuming they've enough for a cheaper move. The chance of saving up is higher the bigger the difference between the more expensive move and what they currently use is. Realistically the chance for them to save up is very low no matter what movse are involved and they almost never wait for longer than around 5 turns (and very often it's 0) but this chance is just enough to mess you up if you were planning to move a guy who can tank to take the hit only to find the AI decided to save up this turn instead. This chance is also the endless source of 'the AI was gunning for a certain guy!' threads.
  • Runningwild
    Runningwild Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    I really hope they fix Vision. He is one of the biggest disappointments so far for me. He simply isn't useful at all in his current state. As other people have said, at least make his density abilities bring him to the fore just like Colossus.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    As the title suggests, where can I find the Vision powers icon? Like all other characters you can add their unique icon to posts and I have yet to see Vision's in the smiles gallery or on the MPQ Wiki.