*** Vision (Android Avenger) ***

Comments

• I think he looks great and applaud d3ps "vision".paired with a shield and strike tile generator hes could be tricky, leading to people hittin that skip button.

HA, no. The AI will have a terrible time with Vision and he should be considered a prime target.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Lerysh wrote:
    I think he looks great and applaud d3ps "vision".paired with a shield and strike tile generator hes could be tricky, leading to people hittin that skip button.

HA, no. The AI will have a terrible time with Vision and he should be considered a prime target.
    We will see...
  • all of his ability are weird.
    yellowflag.png "become intangible" i think it is supposed to be immune to any damage(or if he receive damage it pass through to the character behind him)
    redflag.png what if all three mode/ability has different ap cost
    blueflag.png what if 1. match-3 damage cause stun, match 4 2 turn stun or(affect other character next to him)
    what if 2. matching give +1 ap of that colour
    he will be interesting 3* lol, and useful on team composition.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    So this is another to add to the list of really poor 3 star characters, and right down at the bottom of that list. Which begs the question: Do you keep and collect the **** characters (Vision, Quicksilver, Beast, etc.), or sell the covers and save a rather expensive roster slot for a better/usable character? Especially in light of the ever increasing cost of a new roster slot.

As soon as the Ultron event was over, I sold all my QS covers, sold every Beast, Doc Oc I've ever had. And even though I just won some Vision covers, I am about to sell them as well.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    They'll probably get buffed eventually but I question why they are so bad on release ...
  • dkffiv wrote:
    They'll probably get buffed eventually but I question why they are so bad on release ...
    Because movie tie ins. Which doesn't explain Beast.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    dkffiv wrote:

They were supposed to have buffed both Beast and Doc Oc, and even if they may be ever so slightly better than previously, they still aren't any good. So an actual buff to Vision might not happen even if they try.
  • Konman wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:

They were supposed to have buffed both Beast and Doc Oc, and even if they may be ever so slightly better than previously, they still aren't any good. So an actual buff to Vision might not happen even if they try.
    Beast is better, and by better I mean non-suicidal. Doc Ock is still irrelevant, but certain folks will hate that he can't deal with countdown tiles anymore.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doc Ock is a powerful niche character, he ruled Ultron. Beast is really decent now. He's a faster less immortal version of R&G and his green is quite stellar if you fully activate it.

Vision's biggest limit is team comp. look at gamora or Patch, they too are limited by comp. I've had success with C.mags and Storm. Basically create cascades while his blue is out by blowing up TU's. He pairs with C.Mags the best.

But honestly, this guy is perfect for s transitioner. In limited rosters he would rank more than 3 and do lethal dmg. Use blue collect red and yellow. Use yellow collect red and blue.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk, you are right that gamora and patch are hampered by team comp, but I would argue that patch is less hurt because one of his powers is that WANT him to tank colors so he can heal damage. By contrast, gamora needs to tank for her black to work, but doesn't have any defense at all (hence she really needs someone with defensive powers).

As for vision, the idea of a multi purpose character is more is interesting, but this implementation fails because of the excessive cost requirement. He would be much more interesting if his "modes" were passive powers (maybe match blue for high density or yellow for low density? Or switch depending on how many times of each color are on the board?) as is he seems both expensive and unreliable.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    As predicted, on defense the A.I. - actually, A.D. (artificial dumbness) seems a more fitting description - plays him like the autopilot flies the plane in "Airplane!".

Airplane-autopilot.jpg

someone should photoshop its face accordingly.
  • Not sure if this is a glitch or I'm confused. Vision's blue tile ability states that while a heavy density tile is on the board, vision will do a certain amount more Damage. (In my case, 137 more damage with a one cover blue on the Vision Pvp.) Yet, when I match any tiles, the value doesn't increase beyond the normal value of the tiles when there's a heavy density countdown tile on the board.

Am I reading the ability wrong. Or is this a bug?
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Have seen the AI (AD) play blue and yellow on the same turn (and vice versa) or on back to back turns.

You'd almost be better off playing a Vision with only red for defensive purposes to make the AI (AD) more idiot-proof.
  • d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    For me's it's been specific to HIS tiles - ones bearing his logo. Allies are not affected by his power - they will not deal additional damage.

Really, the only way Heavy Density is useful is if he's tanking multiple colors so it's probably only really usable for match damage when you start to level him up.
  • none.png
    D3g got the AP costs backwards.

redflag.png shoud be 5 AP

blueflag.png & yellowflag.png should be 10 AP.
  • donietsche
    Jathro wrote:
    Have seen the AI (AD) play blue and yellow on the same turn (and vice versa) or on back to back turns.

You'd almost be better off playing a Vision with only red for defensive purposes to make the AI (AD) more idiot-proof.

yeah, they should fix the AI... AD patterns (if not the skills), because he (it) is the worst character on defense ever.

The only damage control strategy I can imagine is to bring Kamala Kahn (Vision will trigger her healing quite frequently), but considering the current cycle of buffed characters that's not really an option.

I faced someone with a K.K., and the team was mildly annoying, but once Kamala is downed (and it's not hard to one-shot her, especially with a buffed X-Farce), the match becomes a cakewalk, and you'll be happily pummeling the dancing dumb-droid and its partner.
  • I noticed what is probably a bug, or at least it's unexpected behavior. His blue tile triggers on IF's attack tile (every attack tile, I suppose). This garantees at least 4x723 damage if the countdown tile doesn't get matched.
  • donietsche wrote:
    Jathro wrote:

yeah, they should fix the AI... AD patterns (if not the skills), because he (it) is the worst character on defense ever.

The only damage control strategy I can imagine is to bring Kamala Kahn (Vision will trigger her healing quite frequently), but considering the current cycle of buffed characters that's not really an option.

I faced someone with a K.K., and the team was mildly annoying, but once Kamala is downed (and it's not hard to one-shot her, especially with a buffed X-Farce), the match becomes a cakewalk, and you'll be happily pummeling the dancing dumb-droid and its partner.
    I doubt they're going to fix the AI. Can you imagine facing Jugg/Ares with ACTUAL AI?
  • donietsche
    raisinbman wrote:
    donietsche wrote:
    Jathro wrote:

I doubt they're going to fix the AI. Can you imagine facing Jugg/Ares with ACTUAL AI?

that's an apocalyptic scenario... but in the case of Vision (and Vision alone), some sort of tweak is indeed necessary. He is a HUGE liability (buffed or not) on defense, right now, for everyone who decide to use him.

And I can't think of another character that backfires as much ad he does.

Basically, if you want (for whatever masochistic reason, beyond my comprehension) build a team around him, you have to consider that blue, red and yellow will be constantly wasted with the dumb-droid dance. So you can't pair him with any decent B-R-Y user (even if they simply overlap on one of those colors), because they will be sitting ducks.
  • Best Vision build is 0/1/0 ... So that the AI cannot use his other skills.