The matchmaking is so terrible - its giving me RSI

Options
I think I must have skipped through at least 100 unique names all giving 0-1pts. My finger is starting to hurt

Comments

• Maybe u are top of the score?
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    You really need to break out of your MMR band. Go in and tank a LR. I didnt have time (stupid work) to actually play any yesterday so i just hit 50 and put out Bagman. Last night when I was making my push in Divine every other available match was 35+ points.
  • MMR has nothing to do with point only match ups, points in a tournament are responsible, to get only 0-1 he must be in the top tier (maybe 1900/2400)
  • During R&R i was 1200 at rank 5.. Top 4 was 2k+
    Got into the same situation as TS..
    Nobody attacking me..
    Cant find anyone to attack..
    Stay that way for 24hours till tourney end..

Definitely something wrong with the system...

Current tournament, i am at 750point.. Everyone i can fight give 10-15points..
    I know that after fighting them for awhile once i reach 1k+, it will become the same where everyone give no points again..
    So i have to give up..

The rank 1 in my ladder is shielded at 2400+ now..

PS: the first round of R&R i am at 2500 no.1
  • nah, i started one day late into the event and pretty much just went straight up to 2nd place without much trouble.
    every opponent was 20-30pts until i hit 1000 and then every opponent after that was just 0 points.

im getting matched to people at the bottom of the rankings who have from 0-500points

so im still at 2nd place with 1251. 1st place is 2275.

basically my point is they need to redo the matchmaking because i cant get points from people lower than me.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Delrusant wrote:
    MMR has nothing to do with point only match ups, points in a tournament are responsible, to get only 0-1 he must be in the top tier (maybe 1900/2400)

MMR affects who you see as targets so, yes, it does have something to do with match ups. If the only opponent teams you are seeing are worth 0-1 then you are both high in points and in a MMR band. In that scenario he only has control over one....he needs to get out of that MMR band.

If how many points you have in a tourney were the ONLY factor then this wouldnt be the case: I made a push last night and even at almost 2k (first in my bracket by 1,300 points!) I was seeing people who were 30+ points.
  • L45TN7 wrote:
    nah, i started one day late into the event and pretty much just went straight up to 2nd place without much trouble.
    every opponent was 20-30pts until i hit 1000 and then every opponent after that was just 0 points.

im getting matched to people at the bottom of the rankings who have from 0-500points

so im still at 2nd place with 1251. 1st place is 2275.

basically my point is they need to redo the matchmaking because i cant get points from people lower than me.

Same basic thing happened to me. I eventually just gave up since my xforce is already maxed out, but I did want the invisible woman icon_e_sad.gif