*** Vision (Android Avenger) ***

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Another one with artwork based on his film depiction rather than his comic cover. Why even bother picking a cover at all? Just use a promotional shot of Paul Bettany from the film.

(in other news, I'd like Tom Hiddlestone's Loki please icon_e_biggrin.gif )
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2015
    Leaving this post as a placeholder for when I get my videos up.

https://youtu.be/vsCeT4YmaCc

My analysis video is up now, match videos to follow sometime in the next couple of days.
  • The AI for sure is going to waste these abilities, making him both light and heavy in the same turn, wasting AP all around!
    Yellow makes him Daredevil with a colossus like protect; Blue gives him OBW espionage with red AOE? Really depends on higher level covers to see if Vision's good.
  • Aidonis
    Aidonis Posts: 87 Match Maker
    I guess my question is does the match damage extension go to everyone or just matches where Vision is the tiles owner?

All these new red moves...Cyclops is emerging as one of the new meta's methinks...
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    SolidQ wrote:

Whelp I guess that settles it, he stinks. His red costs 15 AP to do any real damage, his yellow is useless since it only makes Vision take less damage. His blue is actually decent, except it is basically like a +700 strike tile that only lasts 4 turns and only works with certain colors.
  • Underwhelming.

I guess he can be solid with a 5/3/5 Patch and/or a counter to PvE Bullseye.

Ideal build seems 5/5/3, easy.
  • Seems very filler-ish. I don't think he's particular bad, but there are guys who do the same thing but better. Even if you throw out half of the characters in the game so that he would be top tier, there are still guys who can do the same thing but in a more interesting way.
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Mavrek32 wrote:
    Ideal build seems 5/5/3, easy.
    I completely agree. Daredevil's purple and 4* Thor's yellow both attest to this.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    MPQ fans - Vision is here!

Vision has made his presence known in Marvel Puzzle Quest today and you can leap over to Marvel.com for the first insider details. Demiurge Studios Game Designer Miles Benjamin discusses Vision's creation and the synthetic humanoid's five, awe-inspiring abilities. Yes, five. Oh, the density! Preview screenshots are included.

You can view the unveiling here.

PIECING TOGETHER MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST: The VISION
    Quote:
    "Miles Benjamin: Vision is a truly unique character in 'Marvel Puzzle Quest.' Like most characters in MPQ, on the surface Vision has three powers, Red, Blue, and Yellow, but actually he has five powers he can use! One of Vision’s signature moves is his ability to change the density of his android body. This allows him to phase through solid objects as well as deliver earth-shaking punches. In the comics, Vision shifts and changes his density seamlessly to accomplish different tasks and we wanted to give that experience to the players."
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Thanks for this. The Vision is one of my favorite characters, so I'm excited to see him added to the game.

Do you think it would be possible, in addition to letting us know about stuff like this, to comment on some of the many questions floating around the forums right now? There are several minor issues, i.e., the new PvE. Is 2* Cap really the essential? If so, shouldn't scaling be adjusted? Is this the new reward structure? Is the 20-50 reward a mistake? There are lots of little things like that now that it would be great to get some official commentary on.

Thanks!
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Thanks for this. The Vision is one of my favorite characters, so I'm excited to see him added to the game.

Do you think it would be possible, in addition to letting us know about stuff like this, to comment on some of the many questions floating around the forums right now? There are several minor issues, i.e., the new PvE. Is 2* Cap really the essential? If so, shouldn't scaling be adjusted? Is this the new reward structure? Is the 20-50 reward a mistake? There are lots of little things like that now that it would be great to get some official commentary on. Thanks!

Glad you are pleased with Vision's arrival!

The other questions are things the developers would need to comment on in other threads. They read the forums daily, but don't always have the opportunity to step away from working on the game to respond in a timely manner. I'll pass along your comment and help ensure they see it.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a VISION! The player base will gravitate to 5,5,3. The player pase will only go blue to red for heavy damage and completly ignor yellow. The AI will then consistantly Fire yellow so when red is fired and there are no special tiles on the board I will hear pew, pew, pew.

Good try doing something different d3. I will say at least vision does not need 5 in yellow for his red to be effective with the yellow cd tile. For the heavy ability I hope it turns out to be big if a nuke as cyclops black, but I doubt it. For 10 AP at level 5 heavy damage will probably be on par with she hulk and about 2500 damage to the team.
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    So at max level, his blue increases his damage by 723. Sounds like it would apply to both match damage as well as powers. Meaning, the AoE damage on his red is actually 2259 + 723? Also, a 723 strike.png tile for 5 AP sounds like a good deal even if it only lasts for 4 turns. You don't want to leave him as your last opponent standing.
  • Tie El Min
    Tie El Min Posts: 36
    Another new character is, of course, great and undoubtedly original. However, don't you think that there are characters in need of work? Bullseye, Moonstone, IM40, Bagman, and even fresh Quicksilver. What would be good to add 1* characters third ability. And it is even possible to fix in various events indispensable of character 1*, as is done in Deadpool Daily's?
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    Some questions I have about these powers.

Do the yellow and blue tiles act like strike and defense tiles?
    Or is it more like OBW's Espionage where it counts as an extra hit? Will strike/defense tiles get counted twice with blue CD?
    With blue, his red becomes team damage -- will the extra damage hit all opponents?

If it acts like a strike tile, blue + red will do 596 damage per AP which is quite good. Blue + red*2 does 716/AP. In comparison Colossus' red does 569/AP when he's in front.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Vision (Android Avenger) :vision:
    3 Star Rarity (Rare) Wiki Link
    At Max Level: HP: 9690 Tile Damage: 61/70/79/13/12/11/3.5x
      Density: Heavy - 5 bluetile.png AP
      Vision increases his density, making himself incredibly heavy. Creates a Density: Heavy Blue 4-turn Countdown Tile. While this tile is on the board, Vision deals 88 more damage and his Red power becomes Heavy Strike. Destroys any existing Density tile.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Vision deals 106 more damage. Level 3: Vision deals 123 more damage. Level 4: Vision deals 158 more damage. Level 5: Vision deals 223 more damage. MAX Lv: 3- 389 more damage 4- 500 more damage 5- 723 more damage
      Attack Protocol - 10 redtile.png AP
      Changes based on Vision's density.
      Solar Beam - Deals 184 damage and destroys a random + of tiles.
      Light Disruption - Converts up to 2 enemy Strike or Protect tiles to basic tiles. Deals 137 damage per tile.
      Heavy Strike - Deals 274 damage to the enemy team.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Damage increases for all attacks. (Solar Beam: 267; Density: Light 192 x2; Density: Heavy 329) Level 3: Damage increases for all attacks. (Solar Beam: 351; Density: Light 247 x2; Density: Heavy 384) Level 4: Damage increases for all attacks. (Solar Beam: 519; Density: Light 356 x2; Density: Heavy 493) Level 5: Damage increases for all attacks. (Solar Beam: 854; Density: Light 575 x2; Density: Heavy 712) MAX Lv: 3- Solar Beam: 1115; Density: Light 783 x2; Density: Heavy 1217 4- Solar Beam: 1647; Density: Light 1131 x2; Density: Heavy 1564 5- Solar Beam: 2710; Density: Light 1827 x2; Density: Heavy 2259
      Density: Light - 5 yellowtile.png AP
      Vision reduces his density, becoming intangible. Creates a Density: Light Yellow 4-turn Countdown Tile. While this tile is on the board, Vision reduces damage to himself by 88 and his Red power becomes Light Disruption. Destroys any existing Density tile.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Reduces damage to Vision by 106. Level 3: Reduces damage to Vision by 123. Level 4: Reduces damage to Vision by 158. Level 5: Reduces damage to Vision by 229. MAX Lv: 3- 389 less damage 4- 500 less damage 5- 723 less damage
      Done
      Some questions I have about these powers.

Do the yellow and blue tiles act like strike and defense tiles?
      Or is it more like OBW's Espionage where it counts as an extra hit? Will strike/defense tiles get counted twice with blue CD?
      With blue, his red becomes team damage -- will the extra damage hit all opponents?

If it acts like a strike tile, blue + red will do 596 damage per AP which is quite good. Blue + red*2 does 716/AP. In comparison Colossus' red does 569/AP when he's in front.
      It doesnt work like OBW Espionage, because with Density Heavy up, when I made a black match I see a -33 near the match and then on the enemy it appears the extra damage as it was a cast power, BUT it does not proc twice the strike tiles.

I had a target with 2172 HP, then made a blue match with density heavy up, with one Ldaken strike tile (+46) and the target had 1166 HP after (79x3= 237+46 = 283 + 723 = 1006).

Density Light works as protect tiles as it seems, minimum damage is 1 as usual.
    • Mawtful
      Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
      I was going through some numbers yesterday to try and estimate level 5 Red, but didn't post anything. Now I wish I did, since I came pretty close to guessing correctly.

As someone mentioned, Panther's Black is almost the very limit on damage:ap ratio. It comes in at 927 damage per ap (for the sake of argument, all the AoE attacks I'm discussing will assume hitting 3 targets). Kamala's Bash is a better second option than Call the Storm. Bash's ratio is ~847.
      Assuming Heavy Strike falls halfway in between at 887 damage per ap, we get a total of 8870, which is ~2956 to each of 3 targets. Compared to other Red AoE attacks, it holds up nicely. She-Hulk deals 1401 to each enemy for 9 AP (ratio ~467) and Ares does 1513 for 10 AP (453) but only when he's under 30%. It's not as strong as Supernova, but that's got probably a more severe drawback than Rage.

Based on the leak above, we can see that Heavy Strike comes in at 2259 for the ability, but will gain the benefit of the Heavy Density's +723 damage, which brings it to 2982. So, yes, Heavy Strike sits about halfway between Bash and Rage in terms of damage:ap ratio. However, to me, that seems like the Heavy Density damage bonus is factored into the final values for Heavy Strike.

Ultimately, it's not a horrible ability, however I can't help but feel that Vision is just boring. It seems like they want you to use his forms strategically, but his one ability is just too costly to fire in quick succession. I think he would have been intersting in a metagame without the health increase and weekly buff list, but I think abilities like Surgical Strike or Full Blast which can essentially eliminate a single enemy in one hit are much more appealing than an AoE attack which leaves all three opponents still standing.
    • Can't wait to see the Scarlett Witch and Vision easter egg!