*** Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) ***

Comments

• DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    lockjaw.gif
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use Loki a lot, simply because of the cheap Illusions that I can fire up if I need healing and I'm not saving up for Stretchiness.

I'm tempted to try Devil Dinosaur, he worked quite well in the Prof X event, but he's not very high level.
  • Gagutz
    Gagutz Posts: 104
    My Experience with Devil Dino and Kamala:

Endless heals... but insanely long battles.

It hurt me in PVP... because by the time I would win 3 matches I would get hit for 5-6 battles...

Ever since Xforce speed is gone... I am looking for good teams, effective and fast.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    icon_kamalakhan.png pairs well with icon_lukecage.png as well.

You can jab your way to heals while chipping away at the enemy and setting up her aoe. Plus his protect.png helps mitigate incoming damage as well.
  • RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    If we take boosted characters out of the equation, then Luke Cage is a good option.

1. No color overlap
    2. Reduced damage from Luke's protect tile + KK's heal can make it tough to take down the combo, especially if you have a 3rd teammate that has low cost AP skills.
    3. Cage's Jab, Jab, Punch can be stored up then used for healing as needed. When the AI uses it on defense it will at least be healing your team rather than just being wasted for low damage hits.
    4. You have a high damage attack in Righteous Uppercut, board control with Inhuman Stretchiness, and a solid team attack in Embiggened Bash, all using different colors.
  • Gagutz
    Gagutz Posts: 104
    Yes....

This is the way to go icon_e_smile.gif

Thank you for explaining why!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Definatly Luke cage to save health packs. If you want to look at the simulator, try LDaken, Psylock, KK. Daken can tank purple, and make Psylock really fast. It is by no means a strong defensive team but you get cheep attack tiles, and can build up a lot of green fast, as well as sustainability with KK yellow.

My only issue with Punisher is do you fire his strike tiles, or KK green. I think her AOE especially when buffed is wY better, so you are looking to use Pun black and red, and for healing purposes I would rather use Psylock.

BTW I don't recomend beast to anyone. He sucks. Just had to say that again. He sucks.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    wymtime wrote:
    Definatly Luke cage to save health packs. If you want to look at the simulator, try LDaken, Psylock, KK. Daken can tank purple, and make Psylock really fast. It is by no means a strong defensive team but you get cheep attack tiles, and can build up a lot of green fast, as well as sustainability with KK yellow.

My only issue with Punisher is do you fire his strike tiles, or KK green. I think her AOE especially when buffed is wY better, so you are looking to use Pun black and red, and for healing purposes I would rather use Psylock.

BTW I don't recomend beast to anyone. He sucks. Just had to say that again. He sucks.

But hey, at least the current PvP event answers the question "I wonder what it would be like with 2 on 2 character battles instead of 3 on 3?".... icon_e_wink.gif
  • Really, Devil Dino is her best friend IMO. My dream team would be Devil Dino, Prof X, and Kamala. The AI would just play it like a champ (because it wouldn't have to do anything but flail the Dino's arms!)
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    DuckyV wrote:
    :kamala: pairs well with icon_lukecage.png as well.

You can jab your way to heals while chipping away at the enemy and setting up her aoe. Plus his protect.png helps mitigate incoming damage as well.

Just did a couple of shield sims with Kamala, Cage, and LDaken (needed someone for blue)

It ended up being of the best teams i have used, even without any of them being fully covered.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    DuckyV wrote:
    :kamala: pairs well with icon_lukecage.png as well.

Just did a couple of shield sims with Kamala, Cage, and LDaken (needed someone for blue)

It ended up being of the best teams i have used, even without any of them being fully covered.
    subbing cmags or cap for daken would cover red as well...
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Gagutz wrote:
    I'm trying to find characters who work great with Kamala for PVP.

Have her at 5/3/5

I see a lot of potential with her...

I know you've gotten a lot of answers already, but she, Luke Cage, and Steve Rogers make a nice rainbow PVE team.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Hood cmags and kk I retaliated to a full hulkbuster prof x and wanda for a laugh and won:)
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Luke + Kamala was god tier when Unbreakable was triggering Bring out the Best every turn.

They're still a good combo without that little bug, though.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    So, I just lost in the Smash Back PvP to a tea, of Hulkbuster lvl 100, LCap lvl 166, and KK lvl 166 (teamup was Snarky Remark if it matters, but was never used). As I understand it, and as the tooltip reads, KK should use her yellow when a teammate uses an ability. She was using her ability at the beginning of every turn regardless. With this team, is there something I was missing? There did not appear to be any ability being played at all, not any ability that was possible to be played every turn as far as I could tell.

So was this a bug, or am I blind to the obvious? Thanks!
  • This is a bug right now, it happens if the AI has an ability it can fire off but either can or doesn't (as far as we know). KK is bugged on defense currently.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arondite wrote:
    Luke + Kamala was god tier when Unbreakable was triggering Bring out the Best every turn.

They're still a good combo without that little bug, though.
    I missed my opportunity to do that one. I would have loved to run IF, Cage, KK just for that glitch.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I"m still not sure if I'll go 3/5/5 or 5/3/5. I thought even about 4/4/5 but the upgrade from 3 purple to 4 purple isn't worth the downgrade from 5 yellow to 4.

I"m leaning 5/3/5 just because I think the yellow will help more in PvE add to the fact that purple even at level 1 will get me a match 3/4, here's my thought.

3/5/5--Decent heal, goal to accelerate to her massive green AoE

5/3/5--Amazing heal, purple strong enough to acclerate lower costed green's like X-Force, Punisher, Devil Dino, IW etc.

I do want to say, her green is not better than Thor's but is equal. Remember while Thor does less AoE, he does more single target, by an extra 1128, that could mean downing someone or not

Hasn't been talk on her for a long time, and even a couple pages back many didn't have her covered. Curious what everyone thinks now that she's been out for awhile. I've had her at 5/3/5 for awhile and the latest PVP would let me re-spec: but I'm on the thinking with Phaserhawk on this one, I really like 5/3/5. Thinking of using her primarily with IF/Cage to keep cheap abilities for healing.

While characters may be better for hopping with a certain build on O, I try to think of them when they are used/seen the most: featured characters. The AI can't play/plan purple, and it's much more annoying to play against a 5 yellow KK.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm running 3/5/5 and no desire to change. No the AI can't plan her purple perfectly, but it's also a little idiot proof because it will remove a large portion of one color from the board, and that can be just as annoying as her heal.

I tend to use her with large ability, large cost characters (like Cyclops), so I'm not trigger her heal all that often. In a true heal world, I just can't see going more than 3 on any burst healing, even if hers is the cream of the proverbial crop.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I went from 5-3-5 to 3-5-5, and even if I was initially skeptical (I loved the extra-healing) about this build (at one point, I was considering 4-4-5 as my optimal choice), I am now completely happy about it.