*** Colossus (Classic) ***

Comments

• dfields3710
    dfields3710 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    I wanted to know if you use colossus yellowflag.png before using Sentry's redflag.png and greenflag.png would immovable object effect half the damage of Supernova and World rupture. Can anybody try it out then tell me cause I want both characters and want them to be on the same team. Thx
  • Immovable Object has no effect on team damge afaik. Even powers like Rage of the Panter ignore it.
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Lerysh wrote:
    Immovable Object has no effect on team damge afaik. Even powers like Rage of the Panter ignore it.
    I'm pretty sure Colossus still gets damage reduction for himself, at least last time I checked.
  • dfields3710
    john1620b wrote:
    Lerysh wrote:
    Immovable Object has no effect on team damge afaik. Even powers like Rage of the Panter ignore it.
    I'm pretty sure Colossus still gets damage reduction for himself, at least last time I checked.

If you play max level Sentry, Colossus, and 3*Daken.
    Offense:
    3*Daken blueflag.png and purpleflag.png
    Sentry redflag.png , greenflag.png , and yellowflag.png
    Colossus redflag.png

Defense:
    Colossus yellowflag.png
    Daken blackflag.png

Support:
    Colossus blackflag.png
    Boosts and team ups

Could it work?
  • dfields3710
    OK let me be honest. I just really want Colossus and I think he deserves a PVE of PVP. I know he's an old character but he is also one of the few tanks on the game that I would level him to 166 first. I wasn't here for sentry's reign. I wasn't here for environmental tiles. I wasn't here for 2ap abilities. But I was here for Luke Cage's release(god of tanks). Personally, I love Colossus and his abilities(especially fastball special). I know everybody say Luke Cage is better with his passive defense, allied offense, and his combo blackflag.png . I would somewhat disagree. The ability to half any damage for 5 turns, while dealing 4000+ damage and giving your teammate a free ability to cast(*cough* Grey Suit Black Widow *cough*).

Sure I understand out with the old, in with the new. But both are very similar. But it is way easier to get a Luke Cage cover than Colossus. I'm not complaining but I would rather have Colossus than Luke Cage. Fastball special could help with anybody with good damage but high ap cost(IM40, Hood, LazyCap, etc.) I just don't want anybody to forget about him. Heck, I don't even see him in PVP anymore but I see an abundance of Luke Cage.

Look I'm just upset because I'm literally the only person in my alliance without and also the only person who wants him. I just do not want him to fade like IM40 did.

Agree and/or Disagree? Leave a comment.

Thx for reading and commenting.
  • Well, he's my favorite x-man and I have him at 166 so yeah. He's been vaulted pretty much all the time lately so perhaps we'll start seeing him soon
  • I like Colossus a lot but he really could use a little sprucing up in his abilities. Fastball special is a very cool ability but I think it should be at least 2 ap cheaper. Although there are several characters that generate black now that were not available when he was first released. I do like his yellow nothing to complain about there. His red could use an increase in damage as there are times is frustrating when its ready to fire but he's not out front cause the difference in damage is substantial. Only thing about the yellow that should be improved is it should reduce damage for the entire team on aoe attacks.
  • theshadeofopal
    theshadeofopal Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Pve , sure I guess. For Pvp, he's pretty terrible. HIs moveset is slow, dependant on allies, and the ai is awful at using him well. He's much worse than cage but more so in pvp.

Cut yellow by two ap and reduce its max turns by 1. Removing random placement was nice but of course means nothing on defense. At 8 ap, it draws unfavorable comparisons to iw, sg, and even cmags yellow. Six ap would make it uniquely positioned as a cheap but non-free defensive skill. Wouldn't hurt if it actually effected strike tile damage but thats not as much of an issue as it used to be. Red could use a slight damage buff but mainly just needs its damage redistibuted so its not comically weak when hes not in front. Black either needs 2-3 ap reduction or deal 2000-3000 more damage.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Mine is not even close to max level as I STILL lack his 3rd ability (Fastball Special), what I do want though is they reintroduce him back in packs as I know I'll be getting his blackflag.png come DDQ, but need more.
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Also, I think when the timer runs out on his Yellow, it should leave behind a protect tile, much like Captain America's Blue.
  • dfields3710
    orionpeace wrote:
    Also, I think when the timer runs out on his Yellow, it should leave behind a protect tile, much like Captain America's Blue.

I think they should add a passive to his yellow. Just imagine if your GSBW has sniper rifle ready and the computer is ready to combo her down, then colossus jumps in the way and half all damage that comes his way. Much like deadpools black except without his healing factor.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Marty17 wrote:
    Mine is not even close to max level as I STILL lack his 3rd ability (Fastball Special), what I do want though is they reintroduce him back in packs as I know I'll be getting his blackflag.png come DDQ, but need more.
    He should be back in the packs now. April 30th change to the packs.
  • They seem to be starting some of the long-time vaulted characters for this season's PvP - Beast, Doc Ock coming up... Chances are, Colossus will have a PvP this season, too.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    dearbluey wrote:
    They seem to be starting some of the long-time vaulted characters for this season's PvP - Beast, Doc Ock coming up... Chances are, Colossus will have a PvP this season, too.

Please, and thank you!
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly speaking, Colossus is very flawed. His Yellow leaves him wide open to strike tiles. Doesn't matter if you block 35-50% of match/power damage. When you're looking at 600 damage in strike tiles or attack tiles and it does nothing to block those, you have to reconsider your options. Cage is a much better character in terms of defensive capability and has one of the most damaging single target skills in the game.
  • He needs buffed...
  • Easiest way to fix Colossus:
    I made a change.
      Immovable Object - Yellow 8 AP
      Colossus protects his team by standing in front of any force that comes their way. Turns a chosen basic Yellow tile into a 3 turn Countdown tile. While active, Colossus moves to the front at end of turn, and resists 25% of the damage dealt to him. If the team has 0 AP in all colors and no counters, the power can be cast for free.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Damage reduction up to 35% Level 3: Damage reduction up to 45% Level 4: Lasts 4 turns Level 5: Damage reduction up to 50%, lasts 5 turns

0 AP = free casting. This makes Colossus immediately useful at the start of a match, protecting the team during the initial rounds. It matches his comic persona of immediately armoring up when the team is caught flat-footed. It gives some time for the rest of his team to rally behind him. This would be a block against fast Sentry wins.

EDIT: Added "and no counters" to keep Colossus from marking up all yellow tiles.

When Colossus first came out, I thought this was true, and I thought that made him kinda awesome. If you can collect 8 yellow every 5 turns you can 50% damage an entire fight against a tank. Turns out this is not true, and that made me very very sad. Really it's all he needs to be pretty sweet.

That he shares all his colors with Luke Cage, who protects the entire team better than he does, is pretty sad.

In the days of ramped up HP, Fastball Special is kinda good. 13 cost moves have come into their own on the new longer match landscape. You do have to be picky on who you throw but besides that it's damage potential is pretty good. Pair him with Kamala Khan, throw her up in the air, and either get free Embiggened Bash or get free Inhuman Stretchiness for green. Added bonus only do it while she has 8 purple already, and you can get double green into Embiggened Bash almost guaranteed.
    • snlf25
      snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
      orionpeace wrote:

I think they should add a passive to his yellow. Just imagine if your GSBW has sniper rifle ready and the computer is ready to combo her down, then colossus jumps in the way and half all damage that comes his way. Much like deadpools black except without his healing factor.

Hot damn I like that idea.
    • Dauthi
      Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
      Lerysh wrote:
      That he shares all his colors with Luke Cage, who protects the entire team better than he does, is pretty sad.

In the days of ramped up HP, Fastball Special is kinda good. 13 cost moves have come into their own on the new longer match landscape. You do have to be picky on who you throw but besides that it's damage potential is pretty good. Pair him with Kamala Khan, throw her up in the air, and either get free Embiggened Bash or get free Inhuman Stretchiness for green. Added bonus only do it while she has 8 purple already, and you can get double green into Embiggened Bash almost guaranteed.

Well, this isn't completely true. Luke protcts vs match damage while Colossus protects vs ability damage.

I think he is perfectly viable when going up against folks like Cyclops or, heaven forbid, buffed Juggernaut who have nasty burst damage. It is always quite humorous watching him attempt to one shot a squishy character but instead ram into Colossus and they both take the same damage.

His black is interesting, and you can't think of it as it costing too much, but more of a filler if you don't have a black for a team. In this respect he can basically funnel black into other colors that you are looking to fire off. I think with synergy mattering more thanks to buffs, you will see more folks taking advantage of this.

His red isn't a slouch either, though it does have a lot of "ifs". If he is in front (he just has to have made a match last turn or have yellow activated) and there are 3 opponents, his red totals to 661 damage/ap spent. That is very respectable.

I think his health pool should be higher to compensate for his lack of raw power though. If he absorbs all the damage with a large health pool you would get high efficiency from your health packs over time.

To OP, yes he is a fun and useful character icon_e_biggrin.gif Some characters just have a very specific job and you have to really look for it icon_e_wink.gif