*** Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) ***

Comments

• notamutant wrote:
    I think the general consensus is not that you should have 4 at least in each, but you should either go 3/5/5 or 5/3/5, depending on if you have another good purple user that you would always use her with. You can watch my analysis video where I talk about the difference in damage output for 3 and 4 in purple. It isn't that much, and the stun being random really takes away its usefulness at only 4 covers. You need the 5 in blue no matter what.

If she's supporting Deadpool or PX then purple does seem lackluster and 5 blue seems necessary. Her own purple is not bad though. Just my opinion, but I think the problem with the random stun is a bit overstated. If you hold off from using it while one of the enemy has low health, it is pretty effective. If it were targeted, the 5 turn stun would probably be overpowered. Not disputing what the consensus is, but I do still think adding the 4th to Green and Blue can make a significant difference in her reliability as support. You are right to say the jump from 3 to 4 in purple is not very good, especially by comparison. I don't have 5 purple but the jump from 3 to 5 in purple still seems pretty big to me. I guess if you will run her with a good purple user 3/5/5 is a no brainer but that kind of pigeonholes her.

It looks like you've put some work into testing so I will have to experience how much of a difference 5 blue makes. I've got the cover to try it.

I think they have done a good job with her. She is best played calculatingly which is fun but probably isn't very good for the shield hopping set. I guess stuns in general are probably always inferior to straight damage for quick matches. She seems to play best with anyone who can take advantage of her green color exchange.
  • ArkPrime wrote:
    The stun being random is pretty awful. I've stunned a dead guy multiple times this pvp.
    Wellnot like they can create a 3*Storm because then ScarletStorm would be too powerful
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:
    The stun being random is pretty awful. I've stunned a dead guy multiple times this pvp.
    Wellnot like they can create a 3*Storm because then ScarletStorm would be too powerful

There is a 3* Storm.. Mohawk.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:

There is a 3* Storm.. Mohawk.
    plz understand my meaning. They said she's like 2* storm
  • I find her blue ability accelerates bluetile.png as much as purpletile.png , at least in this event where two blue countdowns can randomly spawn close to other blue.
    I think you really want to pair her with a good blue user. Fury seems like a great choice as he has two abilities that benefit from her passive. Other blue+purple characters are Doom, who is decent, and Mystique who is all kinds of meh. Spidey also has blue and purple, but his purple is a passive. Not much choice for good blue+purple users, unfortunately.

Edit: I looked at the characters, and apparently I forgot about Daredevil. His purple is situational, but since SW has her own purple ability, which you can use when there are no special tiles, it might be a decent choice.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    notamutant wrote:
    I think the general consensus is not that you should have 4 at least in each, but you should either go 3/5/5 or 5/3/5, depending on if you have another good purple user that you would always use her with. You can watch my analysis video where I talk about the difference in damage output for 3 and 4 in purple. It isn't that much, and the stun being random really takes away its usefulness at only 4 covers. You need the 5 in blue no matter what.

If she's supporting Deadpool or PX then purple does seem lackluster and 5 blue seems necessary. Her own purple is not bad though. Just my opinion, but I think the problem with the random stun is a bit overstated. If you hold off from using it while one of the enemy has low health, it is pretty effective. If it were targeted, the 5 turn stun would probably be overpowered. Not disputing what the consensus is, but I do still think adding the 4th to Green and Blue can make a significant difference in her reliability as support. You are right to say the jump from 3 to 4 in purple is not very good, especially by comparison. I don't have 5 purple but the jump from 3 to 5 in purple still seems pretty big to me. I guess if you will run her with a good purple user 3/5/5 is a no brainer but that kind of pigeonholes her.

It looks like you've put some work into testing so I will have to experience how much of a difference 5 blue makes. I've got the cover to try it.

I think they have done a good job with her. She is best played calculatingly which is fun but probably isn't very good for the shield hopping set. I guess stuns in general are probably always inferior to straight damage for quick matches. She seems to play best with anyone who can take advantage of her green color exchange.

The random stun wouldn't be so bad if it could only target the living. When you set it up to do the last 1,500 damage to two characters, the ability isn't a great damage dealer if the stun doesn't land on a living target. When you consider the AP cost on a *** SW purple hit compared to a ** Thor green hit, you need that stun to hit in order to get any kind of balance.

The damage should be assigned first and the only valid stun targets should be the living. Otherwise you have to just hope and pray that the stun hits a living target.

Thankfully she's a huge tank right now. You can generate the purples quickly if you target them out with hexbolt and if your arcane incantation's are surviving. Of course, you could always just hexbolt yellows and greens over and over with Thor.
  • Buret0
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    I find her blue ability accelerates bluetile.png as much as purpletile.png , at least in this event where two blue countdowns can randomly spawn close to other blue.
    I think you really want to pair her with a good blue user. Fury seems like a great choice as he has two abilities that benefit from her passive. Other blue+purple characters are Doom, who is decent, and Mystique who is all kinds of meh. Spidey also has blue and purple, but his purple is a passive. Not much choice for good blue+purple users, unfortunately.

Edit: I looked at the characters, and apparently I forgot about Daredevil. His purple is situational, but since SW has her own purple ability, which you can use when there are no special tiles, it might be a decent choice.

** Magneto, *** SW, and *** Mystique was actually fun in the Ultron event. Lots of purple, crits, and tile changing madness. There were many times where it felt like the old days of infinite turns. Now however, the finishing touch was not infinite crit tiles, but rather a couple of Magnetic Flux drops followed by a couple of Masterstrokes.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

The random stun wouldn't be so bad if it could only target the living. When you set it up to do the last 1,500 damage to two characters, the ability isn't a great damage dealer if the stun doesn't land on a living target. When you consider the AP cost on a *** SW purple hit compared to a ** Thor green hit, you need that stun to hit in order to get any kind of balance.

The damage should be assigned first and the only valid stun targets should be the living. Otherwise you have to just hope and pray that the stun hits a living target.

Thankfully she's a huge tank right now. You can generate the purples quickly if you target them out with hexbolt and if your arcane incantation's are surviving. Of course, you could always just hexbolt yellows and greens over and over with Thor.

The dmg is assigned first. 5/3/5 is the way to go. I had green at 5 before I got my 4th purple, I rarely use it and actually not blowing up tiles is nice as you can accurately pick ap generated
  • Sorry Phaserhawk, but you are wrong. The damage comes after the stun, which is how you can stun someone who then dies immediately which is what everyone is complaining about. Stun comes first on 2* Storm as well, so it's not unexpected but it does play a bit of havoc with the random stun. Basically just use purpleflag.png as soon as possible and not necessarily as a finisher.

Also Buret0, did you seriously just suggest using Hex Bolt to gather green AP for Thor? Really?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have not maxed covered her yet, but in her PVP I felt she went is best used as a purple AP generator for KK or IF. Both have cheaper purples that generate AP for green or black and then you just need KK green or a big black attack. E 2 teams I liked was groot KK as SW would add blue to the board to match for super groot strike tiles, and then using KK purple to green. Having 16 purple for inhuman streachiness was a lot of green, but not as much fun as....
    Cyclops and IF. SW gives you purple for IF to cyclops full blast. I don't think there is a more satisfying final kill shot in the game right now then watching Cyclops kill someone with full blast. With SW at 5 blue this can be. A really fast team when on is buffed in PVP.
  • wymtime wrote:
    I have not maxed covered her yet, but in her PVP I felt she went is best used as a purple AP generator for KK or IF. .
    shhh they're gonna nerf cmon don't say it
  • Yeah the damage on purple is just not high enough to justify 5 covers when she isn't boosted. Mine is 544 but I'm moving to 355 as soon as I can.
  • Buret0
    Lerysh wrote:
    Sorry Phaserhawk, but you are wrong. The damage comes after the stun, which is how you can stun someone who then dies immediately which is what everyone is complaining about. Stun comes first on 2* Storm as well, so it's not unexpected but it does play a bit of havoc with the random stun. Basically just use purpleflag.png as soon as possible and not necessarily as a finisher.

Also Buret0, did you seriously just suggest using Hex Bolt to gather green AP for Thor? Really?

Yeah. :faceplam:
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    I have not maxed covered her yet, but in her PVP I felt she went is best used as a purple AP generator for KK or IF. .
    shhh they're gonna nerf cmon don't say it

Purple generator for Doom as well..love it.
  • I have her at 5/5/3 simply from unlucky drops and want 5 blue, problem is I'm not sure about green. At 5 it doesnt take out cd tiles and I've yet to cast hex where it takes out 4 surrounding enemy tiles. On top of that it does **** dmg and is fairly weak at ap generation.
    So even if purple is a bit bugged isn't it the better ability?
  • Arith wrote:
    I have her at 5/5/3 simply from unlucky drops and want 5 blue, problem is I'm not sure about green. At 5 it doesnt take out cd tiles and I've yet to cast hex where it takes out 4 surrounding enemy tiles. On top of that it does **** dmg and is fairly weak at ap generation.
    So even if purple is a bit bugged isn't it the better ability?
    green is a mini-Storm greenflag.png. It's very valuable in a pinch. Purple is bad a la non-surgical strikes in a surgical strike world
  • Buret0 wrote:

You just forgot to mention that Thor needs to either build up green AP or Yellow AP to make green AP for CotS while SW can just sit there and make free purple matches, not rarely criticals, and fire her purpleflag.png . But yeah, damage -> stun and not stun -> damage should be addressed; even tho its how cStorm works, SW is a 3* and should be stronger when directly compared to a 2*.
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:

You just forgot to mention that Thor needs to either build up green AP or Yellow AP to make green AP for CotS while SW can just sit there and make free purple matches, not rarely criticals, and fire her purpleflag.png . But yeah, damage -> stun and not stun -> damage should be addressed; even tho its how cStorm works, SW is a 3* and should be stronger when directly compared to a 2*.
    they're not gonna make her stronger, they already nerfed magstorm they're not gonna let u ScarletStorm
  • I think he purple is super good, one thing though.

If there is 3 character one of at 500hp and the others are full hp, the stun shouldn't trigger on the target that is about it die.
    i know it says random, but i feel one little quality of life change would be the stun triggering after the damage and not before.

It would make her feel alot smoother of a character.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Working as intended.

If you use c storm blue and have some one with 500 hp targeted in front, that character gets stun/death. Ergo, if the stun is random and hits a character with 500 health, the effect will be the same as c storm targeting such a character.

Also, I don't like her purple and see it as her 3 color ability. I know others disagree. However, 14 ap (even with her blue to accelerate, mediocre aoe damage, and stun, not my kind of ability. It's better than doc ock green, but to me that's not saying much.