** Storm (Classic) **

Comments

• In the tourneys and lightning rounds, C. Storm is now one of the characters I shy away from.

She always manages to hurt all my characters, usually multiple times. Other characters, like Rags/Mags/Spidey, I can usually keep them docile.

Fortunately, she doesn't dominate the tourney's like she used to. Previously, she gave an easy win against an AI. Now she makes things painful for everyone.

I dislike her, but it's not hard to avoid her triggering (mostly).

Depending on her level and what kind of attacks you have use different tactics.
    If your match3 does not trigger her passive then focus on her to reduce her health to where you can one shot her with an ability.
    If your match3 does trigger her passive, then focus on the biggest health target until you can one shot her.

But she does slow things down. In Lightning rounds many of the Storms can be one shotted by Rags red, so she's down in turn 2 (or 1 if using boosts). In non-boosted tournaments I find my longest matches to be against teams with her -- because Rags red just enough damage to trigger her, but not enough to one shot until you beat her down a lot. And Mags purple takes awhile to power up, and is usually wasteful on her when I can take out an undamaged 5000 hp opponent instead.

The other option is to stun her and then either kill her or a single teammate. Just don't kill both or you'll really put yourself in danger.
  • Hey guys.
    My C.Storm is currently sitting at 3/3/3 and I have a green cover I'm not sure I should use.
    I think I should go 3/5/5. I know Raging Tempest is not that good now, but I play her most with Wolvie, so I never get to use Lightning Storm.
    What do you think?
  • Hey guys.
    My C.Storm is currently sitting at 3/3/3 and I have a green cover I'm not sure I should use.
    I think I should go 3/5/5. I know Raging Tempest is not that good now, but I play her most with Wolvie, so I never get to use Lightning Storm.
    What do you think?

I think you should go 5/5/3 and use her green and blue as she was intended to be. Both those abilities are very good. If you have Ragnarok with some points in red, her green is even better.
  • Green at 5 is a must IMO. Blue / yellow is preference.
  • Ok thanks, cheers icon_e_wink.gif
  • Raging Tempest - Yellow Passive
    (PASSIVE) Storm surrounds her team with a whirling tempest that unleashes fury when provoked. If a team member is damaged for 20% of their max health, it deals 19 damage to all enemies. If every team member is below 50% health, damage increases to 125.
    This description is inaccurate. It doesn't make it clear that Storm also unleashes Raging Tempest when SHE is damaged for >20% of her health. "Team member" implies the other people on her team and not her.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    pumkin wrote:
    Raging Tempest - Yellow Passive
    (PASSIVE) Storm surrounds her team with a whirling tempest that unleashes fury when provoked. If a team member is damaged for 20% of their max health, it deals 19 damage to all enemies. If every team member is below 50% health, damage increases to 125.
    This description is inaccurate. It doesn't make it clear that Storm also unleashes Raging Tempest when SHE is damaged for >20% of her health. "Team member" implies the other people on her team and not her.
    I don't think it's inaccurate. She's a team member. The old version of the skill said "ally", which (correctly) implied that the skill wouldn't trigger on damage to her.
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    I don't want the yellow skill only at lv 3, so I thin I'll go for 5/4/4 or 4/5/4. Suggestions please?
  • TheHood wrote:
    I don't want the yellow skill only at lv 3, so I thin I'll go for 5/4/4 or 4/5/4. Suggestions please?

Everyone agrees that her green skill is her best, so that being at 5 is a must icon_e_smile.gif
  • Everyone agrees that her green skill is her best, so that being at 5 is a must icon_e_smile.gif

While I agree it's her best skill (although the blue is awesome and a close second) I don't agree 5 is a must. If you're using her because she is your highest character I don't see the need for 5 green because you're going to more than likely fire it as soon as possible.

If on the other hand you use her as a battery for say Ragnarok then sure, take green to 5 and watch the screen explode icon_mrgreen.gif
  • 5/5/3 might be the new meta for Storm. I have her at 4/4/5 from prior patch. Reason for 5 in green is that a board is 8x8 or 64 tiles. if you racked up 30 green and cast it you can destroy about half the board racking up AP for all those tiles but changes are hitting enough green to cast it again a few more times. I've been able to cast it 4 times in a row once. That should net you enough AP to do....almost anything.
  • Her with hulk <3
  • Someone noticed the change of her yellow description? Not it says when there is one member getting below 50% instead of the whole team...
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    I currently have a 3/3/5 StormC with one cover of each color from the Ares tournament. Should I bump it to 4/4/5, go for 5/3/5 or 3/5/5, or just scrap this one cause yellow sucks now and start saving for a new 5/5/3?
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you don't want to start from scratch I think 4/4/5 would be a decent build. I'd think you'd want at least 4 in blue to get the max damage possible there.
  • Wind storm is crazy powerful. It's better than IM40 Ballistic Salvo
  • Arclight wrote:
    Someone noticed the change of her yellow description? Not it says when there is one member getting below 50% instead of the whole team...

Mine says whole team still.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Microtom wrote:
    Her with hulk <3
    and m.hawkeye?
  • How does game determine who takes damage on green tiles between maxed Storm, Ares, and Wolverine with all three at 50 green... was really hoping Ares would top out at 51...I thought it would be randomized, but Storm seems to be my green tile punching bag.
  • This kind of question gets asked a lot. It depends on their position. The center position, will take priority in a tie.