*** Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) ***

Comments

• As long as you put Kingpin with her and no other black user, even the AI will find it almost foolproof. Sure it'll pop the countdown with 1 remaining, or even the turn after your enemy matches it or it goes off, but most of the time the attacker won't have that chance on that one turn and will end up eating 5k damage every 6 black.
  • Am I the only one who thinks that her passive turning already purple tiles purple is super dumb?

EDIT: this was already addressed earlier in the thread, my bad! Still dumb though....
  • HotSoup wrote:
    Am I the only one who thinks that her passive turning already purple tiles purple is super dumb?

EDIT: this was already addressed earlier in the thread, my bad! Still dumb though....
    Chaos isn't dumb!!!! IT'S RANDOM!!!!
  • If anything on her wasnt random she would be straightfoward OP. Chosing who to stun for 5 turns? Reliably removing a bunch of stacked special tiles? Creating match-5s every 4 rounds? Yeah, shes strong when RNGejus is looking at you but avarage otherwise.
  • I won the Scarlet Witch but now in the new tournament where she is required, the game says I need her. Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a fix?
  • This might be one of the few times I'm completely undecided on how to cover out a character. I could see arguments for 5-5-3, 5-3-5, and 3-5-5 let alone 4 splits. Mark of a good build. Interested to see the polling on that once it becomes available.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    That run on Avengers West Coast was great. It was a such a shame that writer/artist jumped off the title just as it came to a climax. Uncanny Avengers was a pretty fun title too.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    You really can make an argument for all her builds, 3/5/5/ if you're gonna use px's, DP's or kingpins pink. 5/3/5(my preferred build) if you're gonna use her pink and want to accelerate it fast, and 5/5/3 if you want to use her green to its max cause it takes out 5 tiles of any type at 5 covers.
  • she looks so young esp her battle pose o-0
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    You really can make an argument for all her builds, 3/5/5/ if you're gonna use px's, DP's or kingpins pink. 5/3/5(my preferred build) if you're gonna use her pink and want to accelerate it fast, and 5/5/3 if you want to use her green to its max cause it takes out 5 tiles of any type at 5 covers.

I think 3/5/5 is pretty much the strongest build. To not max green is dumb. targeted tile destruction plus AP gain is pretty powerful and PX aside, having a free purple engine can accelerate So many other characters.

Nick Fury
    Deadpool
    Iron Fist
    Blade
    Scarlet Witch herself
    King PIn

While her purple is nice, the damaged loss is minimal, it's what, an extra 750 AoE, while that is nice I would rather have targeted tile destruction/AP generation. I think you could maybe, maybe argue 4/4/5 and give up destroying enemy tiles for the extra dmg, but with many characters losing the ability to destroy all tile types I think that is well worth having
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    I think 3/5/5 is pretty much the strongest build. To not max green is dumb. targeted tile destruction plus AP gain is pretty powerful and PX aside, having a free purple engine can accelerate So many other characters.
    But the targeted tile is only a basic tile, there is no guarantee that you will destroy the special tile you want to.

If you want a partner for Fisk, then 553 looks better as you want to explode your own tile every time.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    But the targeted tile is only a basic tile, there is no guarantee that you will destroy the special tile you want to.

If you want a partner for Fisk, then 553 looks better as you want to explode your own tile every time.

Why would I go 5/5/3 with Fisk? If anything 3/5/5 is the better build as she will feed fisk purple which he can constantly use to shut down the enemy and then cast his yellow. You still have to find black and since I will always have a CD source with her, not trying to get his tiles out seems very suboptimal. I personally thought 5/3/5 was the best Fisk build but SW changed my mind

As for green, if you place the tiles smartly, you can almost guarentee all the AP you could ever want. I mean if you place it on the edge you have a 4/5 chance of getting the AP you need/want.

Her purple is fine, but I would much rather give it to Fury or Deadpool as they will do a lot more dmg with it.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:

Nick Fury
    Deadpool
    Iron Fist
    Blade
    Scarlet Witch herself
    King PIn

While her purple is nice, the damaged loss is minimal, it's what, an extra 750 AoE, while that is nice I would rather have targeted tile destruction/AP generation. I think you could maybe, maybe argue 4/4/5 and give up destroying enemy tiles for the extra dmg, but with many characters losing the ability to destroy all tile types I think that is well worth having

760 team damage is a lot. That's 2280 damage you don't get for using her purple at 3. Compared to dropping her Hex Bolt to 4 tiles destroyed instead of 5, and no special handling. Even if you put it on an edge, and get 3/5 surrounding tiles, an upgrade to 4/5 is just marginal. 20% at best case. Meanwhile her purple damage is increased 50% for adding the 2 covers, plus the stun increase. Purple has better value, and for a purple generator to not max her purple skill seems wrong to me.

I can see 4/4/5 as a compromise, 30% damage decrease for 20% increased utility, where that utility can be the difference between having 14 purple this round or not having it this round. But 3/5/5 is clearly wrong IMO.

I will personally be building her 5/3/5 both for her PvP events and for whenever Deadpool might not be available. Same philosophy I finally adopted for XF, build a character to stand alone. It doesn't really matter that Deadpool's purple is better. Wanda's is good enough to justify 5 covers.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Why would I go 5/5/3 with Fisk? If anything 3/5/5 is the better build as she will feed fisk purple which he can constantly use to shut down the enemy and then cast his yellow. You still have to find black and since I will always have a CD source with her, not trying to get his tiles out seems very suboptimal. I personally thought 5/3/5 was the best Fisk build but SW changed my mind

As for green, if you place the tiles smartly, you can almost guarentee all the AP you could ever want. I mean if you place it on the edge you have a 4/5 chance of getting the AP you need/want.

Her purple is fine, but I would much rather give it to Fury or Deadpool as they will do a lot more dmg with it.
    I meant 553 on SW not on Fisk. Because you will want to explode her passive tile you don't need to invest much on it.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Let's look closer at the green ability. If we're using it to destroy a tile:
    5 green vs 3 green
    4 tiles vs 3 tiles
    ability to destroy countdowns and other specials (invisibility, locked tiles, ultron bomb).

redtile.pngyellowtile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngyellowtile.pngredtile.png
    yellowtile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngyellowtile.png
    purpletile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png
    purpletile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png
    yellowtile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngyellowtile.png
    redtile.pngyellowtile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.pngyellowtile.pngredtile.png

Target tile to destroy, # of tiles(/64), chance of destroying [lvl 3, lvl 5]
    corner redtile.png,4, [60%, 80%]
    next to corner yellowtile.png,8, [100%, 100% with only 3 AP]
    middle wall purpletile.png,16, [60%, 80%]
    next to wall bluetile.png,20, [60%, 80%]
    in the middle greentile.png,16, [37.5%, 50%]

I really can't see the argument for 5 Green except in niche cases. I'm not going to use her against goons with countdowns, simply because there's so many better players out there (Falcon, Cap, OBW, etc.). Even with Kingpin, I'd still put her 535 => you're not going to get 6 black right away, and it usually doesn't hurt to wait a turn or 2, but that's probably a playing preference.
  • Assuming she doesn't get nerfed, I don't see much point to destroy an extra tile for a minimal increase in AP gain/cascade/special tile defense on a character with a stupidly overpowered passive that creates massive cascades and while there are a couple of better purples out there, her purple alone is still very good. If the blue gets hit with a nerf you may have to reevaluate the character, but as is right now there's no need to worry about a secondary AP gain ability when you already got a broken passive for the same role.
  • The argument against maxing her purple is quite a simple one.

You're not bringing her in for her purple. It's not good enough compared to other purples, one of them being probably the best or second best skill in the entire game. Her green might do something, her purple will not. So I'll take 5 green. Same reason I built my iron fist 3/5/5 instead of 5/3/5, even though when he's alone he's better as 5/3/5.

There are exceptions, like when she is featured or boosted on a heroic, but I've built zero characters with those in mind so far and have not regretted it once. I build my characters with how I'm going to use them in mind. Right now that's a feeder for iron fist, and when that inevitably gets nerfed, as a feeder for KK.
  • ArkPrime wrote:
    The argument against maxing her purple is quite a simple one.

You're not bringing her in for her purple. It's not good enough compared to other purples, one of them being probably the best or second best skill in the entire game. Her green might do something, her purple will not. So I'll take 5 green. Same reason I built my iron fist 3/5/5 instead of 5/3/5, even though when he's alone he's better as 5/3/5.

There are exceptions, like when she is featured or boosted on a heroic, but I've built zero characters with those in mind so far and have not regretted it once. I build my characters with how I'm going to use them in mind. Right now that's a feeder for iron fist, and when that inevitably gets nerfed, as a feeder for KK.

I've built several characters on the basis for when they are featured or boosted and I haven't regretted it either. 5/5/3 Patch, so when he's boosted he's a cold bloded murder machine. 5/3/5 Gamora because boosted it's a lot easier to get her tiles for her black. 4/5/4 Sentry, because the only time I'm using him is in a Sentry PvP, and really considering 5/3/5 Luke Cage because a boosted 3 red gets the job done on match damage already. These characters get mostly bench time except when featured, so why not build them to excel when featured? (Patch might see more play time now that XF is weaker.)

And if you think anything besides 4k damage for 5 AP is "best" on a solo IF you are a crazy person.

You should totally build characters to how they are going to be used. I am going to use SW more in her boosted/featured role as the main character than a support role. That role requires 5 purpleflag.png , and green is the only thing you can really give up. If you REALLY only want an AP battery, then go ahead, but she functions just fine as an AP battery in a 3 greenflag.png capacity, while having added ability to really bring it in her own PvP and featured PvE's. Added ability is better.
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Why all the hate against 3/5/5? Lol, I'm with Ark and Phaser here and prefer the utility of her green over the random stun and 760 extra AOE damage. I'd vote 3/5/5 based on my playstyle if there ever is going to be a character spec poll...

I see her green as a cheap outlet to get other AP I need for another ability to fire or to potentially take out any special tile (be it CD, Invis, Drop, whatever new tile type they come up with). As others have stated, I'd prefer to use other purple abilities, if I'm bringing her in for her purple, I'm not liking my chances.

Just comes down to personal preference really which is always nice to have other options instead of one true build. There do not seem to be many "all tile" removers these days and any ability that can do it gets a bump in my book. Even at 3 blue in Ultron, she's been helping Fist a ton with his purple in the Ultron event for me.

I haven't played around with her Green, but I'm assuming TU tiles do not count as basic/special tiles in the context of her ability so those will be ignored in the tile destruction right?
  • Nope, she is the second character to treat TU as basic tiles (Quicksilver the first with Idle Hands being able to swap TU). They can be targeted by and destroyed by Hex Bolt, and they are capable of being converted by Arcane Incantation.

In my test case, Arcane Incantation created a 5 match, then the CD disappeared, and one tile dropped out of the match to fill the hole. Not the crit tile generator we all hoped it would be (and also not that OP).

Consistency across characters for what the hell a TU tile really is would be appreciated.