Ultron PvE questions

Comments

• Demiurge_Kabir
    Demiurge_Kabir Posts: 69
    edited April 2015
    Hey all,
    Just weighing in on the issue Alliances are experiencing where the main Avengers vs Ultron sub-chapter is closed after Round 8 is done. We initially designed it this way because when you reach the point target in Round 8, you’ve beaten Ultron. This wasn’t intended to promote inter-Alliance combat, but it has and that’s not fun. Thanks for the feedback about this. We’re looking at fixing this issue in the future, but won’t have a fix in time for Run 2.

Edit: Please don't contact support for this issue.

Thanks,
    Kabir
  • I don't think my alliance will be able to clear 8 (we're still fighting 7 as far as I know), but it's awesome that you're looking to make it right for others.
  • Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    edited April 2015
    Hey all,
    Just weighing in on the issue Alliances are experiencing where the main Avengers vs Ultron sub-chapter is closed after Round 8 is done. We initially designed it this way because when you reach the point target in Round 8, you’ve beaten Ultron. This wasn’t intended to promote inter-Alliance combat, but it has and that’s not fun. Thanks for the feedback about this. We’re looking at fixing this issue in the future, but won’t have a fix in time for Run 2.

After this run of Avengers vs Ultron finishes tonight at midnight, if you got locked out of progression rewards because your alliance finished the event early, please contact support from in-game. We're looking into ways to make it up to you.

Thanks,
    Kabir

What about those who did reach the progression rewards, but we're locked out of the early Ultron rounds and thus missed event tokens?

What about the tokens that would have been earned through the Quicksilver nodes upon completing Ultron 8? (Since we didn't get any post Ultron refreshes)

Edit: Since it wasn't intended for Ultron 8 to stay open, I meant that we could have left Ultron alive and farmed Quicksilver nodes and do minimal damage to the main Ultron node, then wait for the next refresh. Had we known the map would disappear, we would have taken this route instead of beating Ultron with 2 days to spare.
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Hey all,

After this run of Avengers vs Ultron finishes tonight at midnight, if you got locked out of progression rewards because your alliance finished the event early, please contact support from in-game. We're looking into ways to make it up to you.

Thanks,
    Kabir
    Just to be clear, if our alliance finished yesterday with members close to progression rewards, contact support after midnight tonight? Will compensation only be given to those within a certain point value range near progressions?
  • Hey all,

Thanks,
    Kabir

Thank you for the update. I appreciate that you are taking steps to resolve this issue and that the interalliance combat was not an intended effect. Despite this issue and the one with the servers locking people (myself included) out of the first few rounds I have really enjoyed this format and am glad that it seems you intend to keep it around for future use. This was a GREAT way to intro new characters to the game.

Two follow up Questions:

1. Is anything being discussed about compensation for the server outage/lock out of initial stages? Should we each submit tickets for this, or is there a widespread solution coming that would mean we would not have to?

2. I think that a simple solution to the progression issue is to have the Ultron Prime nodes reward points for completion. This would help give extra points to help get everyone to 1mil without having to mess with what happens when round 8 ends. Is this not something that could be done before the launch of the next event tomorrow?
  • This wasn’t intended to promote inter-Alliance combat, but it has and that’s not fun.
    Admitting one's errors is the first step towards fixing them. There were three "designers" in that video. Funny how not even one of them couldn't foresee the obvious.

As for fixing this in round 2, here's an easy way out. Give Ultron 21 million points of life total. This way, all the 20 members of an alliance can reach the progression rewards.

I was at 640k when the event suddenly finished for us, with 2.5 days left on the timer. I expect to receive all progression rewards, not just for me, but for the whole alliance. We would've reached the million easily in the days remaining.

Thank you!
  • This wasn’t intended to promote inter-Alliance combat, but it has and that’s not fun.
    Admitting one's errors is the first step towards fixing them. There were three "designers" in that video. Funny how not even one of them couldn't foresee the obvious.

As for fixing this in round 2, here's an easy way out. Give Ultron 21 million points of life total. This way, all the 20 members of an alliance can reach the progression rewards.

Alternatively, instead of changing the scaling for the whole event (which would make it harder for casual alliances to reach the end), you could simply change the progression rewards structure so that the max progression is at 800 or 850k instead of 1m. That way active alliances with 20 members can have everyone get max progression with just a little bit of coordination.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    Right. SteveBob's proposal is better, I keep thinking in hardcore gamer terms icon_e_smile.gif
    A little more complex (change 3 values instead of one LOL) but better icon_e_smile.gif

later edit - Ultron's total life is 16 million afaik, which means the max prog reward should be at 750k, not 800 or 850. People won't stop grinding at exactly 800, so...
  • I wanted to highlight something that I think was an unmitigated success of the Ultron PVE...
    Please keep the "alliance lock-in" system for all events from now on. I'll probably get downvoted by all the mercs around here, but IMHO aliance hopping is completely against what an alliance should mean.
    Thanks!
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    This event is supposed to be about the Alliance working together. Why aren't the progression awards (at least some of them) based on your alliance's total score? Once 17.5 million total points in the alliance is reached, all members should receive the progression awards.
  • Meto5000 wrote:
    This event is supposed to be about the Alliance working together. Why aren't the progression awards (at least some of them) based on your alliance's total score? Once 17.5 million total points in the alliance is reached, all members should receive the progression awards.

Not a bad idea, but harder to implement. Changing some numbers should be WAY easier. And wouldn't reward freeloaders icon_e_smile.gif
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    I wanted to highlight something that I think was an unmitigated success of the Ultron PVE...
    Please keep the "alliance lock-in" system for all events from now on. I'll probably get downvoted by all the mercs around here, but IMHO aliance hopping is completely against what an alliance should mean.
    Thanks!

This lock-in system only worked because of the unique way the scores were counted (leaderboard vs actual alliance members). By having a lock-in effort for normal PvEs, you'd be putting mercs, alliances with people who randomly leave/quit, and alliances who start events without max players at a disadvantage.

It's funny that you said alliance hopping is against what an alliance should mean when you've been a part of at least three different alliances. People change alliances all the time due to various reasons and they shouldn't be punished for wanting to play with a group of players who more share their goals and values.
  • DuckyV wrote:
    It's funny that you said alliance hopping is against what an alliance should mean when you've been a part of at least three different alliances. People change alliances all the time due to various reasons and they shouldn't be punished for wanting to play with a group of players who more share their goals and values.

Frantic alliance hopping at the end of an event has nothing to do with sharing goals and values. I see alliances more like groups of friends playing together, not like a sum of numbers.

And alliance lock-in lets people move free... in-between events.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Hey all,

Thanks,
    Kabir

Quick yes or no question: Will the number of rounds and Ultron's HP per round be the same in the rerun of Avengers v. Ultron that will be starting tomorrow?

If you can't provide further details right now, that's fine, but I'm sure many people are considering alliance changes/mergers/reorganizations**, and that one piece of information would be extremely helpful for everyone making plans.

**Except for me because Skrull Empire is the best alliance
  • Nooneelsesname
    Nooneelsesname Posts: 124 Tile Toppler

Quick yes or no question: Will the number of rounds and Ultron's HP per round be the same in the rerun of Avengers v. Ultron that will be starting tomorrow?

If you can't provide further details right now, that's fine, but I'm sure many people are considering alliance changes/mergers/reorganizations**, and that one piece of information would be extremely helpful for everyone making plans.

Please answer this. I realize that there's probably some desire for there to be a surprise aspect to the event but if you can't fix the issue which you've acknowledged is a problem, giving us the information to fix it ourselves through appropriate alliance composition is the next best thing.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    DuckyV wrote:

Frantic alliance hopping at the end of an event has nothing to do with sharing goals and values. I see alliances more like groups of friends playing together, not like a sum of numbers.

And alliance lock-in lets people move free... in-between events.

And when, pray tell, are we ever in between events? PvE's can sometimes overlap by 12 hours and PvP overlaps on Friday.

I can almost guarantee you have benefited from the use of mercs, so it's a bit hypocritical to say lock them out when you've used them in the past.

Edit:
    New Story Event Schedule
    Starting on 4/30 all of our Story events will last either 3, 4, or 7 days and will fit into a week-long cycle.

We’ve removed the downtime between Story events - each one now is immediately followed by the next.

As you were saying...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Our casual alliance will not have enough time to get round 6 done (still 2.36m hp left) . Only 1 person so far out of the probably hundred or so tokens even has gotten a scarlet witch, and it is a semi-daily type player. I hit my million points for the progression reward, only 3 others have even hit the 500k.. Without any of the heavy hitters (most of the rest of the alliance doesn't even have max 94 chars) having Scarlet, including myself.. Do we even have a chance in the next event???

I will say this, although no witch, my QS is sitting at 2/2/1 and i finished my Kamala from those nifty gold tokens!

Only 16 alliance members even participated ugh. icon_redface.gif
  • Hey all,

Thanks,
    Kabir

Could you simply raise Ultron's hit points in Round 8, letting it drag out a bit more? If he had 10 million hit points, instead of 6 million, most, if not all, of an alliance could hit the top progression award, if I understand the numbers right.
  • anamosity
    anamosity Posts: 87
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Hey all,

Thanks,
    Kabir

Could you simply raise Ultron's hit points in Round 8, letting it drag out a bit more? If he had 10 million hit points, instead of 6 million, most, if not all, of an alliance could hit the top progression award, if I understand the numbers right.

This is true but it also creates the problem of alliances missing the opportunity to beat ultron and get the last prime node if all 20 aren't playing at full 1 million point pace.
  • Hey all,

Thanks,
    Kabir

plz answer this we need to know about the event so we can prepare our alliances, is the prize structure the same?