Rage and Ruin Tourney

191011121315»

Comments

• LMAO...I reach 727. I come out of a match and I lost 133. LOL. Gotta laugh to keep from crying. PvP needs a serious overhaul.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    I took it easy this time. Obviously no shields, but I was surprised by the low number of retaliations and attacks I received. I don't know if people were tired from all the grinding in the event and decided to rest, or thought they didn't stand a chance and decided that top 15-45 was also fine.
    I changed strategy this time and decided to try a 3 wave push. The first was early getting me to 300. The 2nd was 5-6 hours before the end (600 points) and the 3rd the last hour (850). Total play time around 3-4 hours. Made it relatively easy in top 5 (#4) with 150 lead from #5. I had to use though boosts in the last wave just to make sure there weren't any accidents. In almost every push I was fighting matches for 35+. I guess waiting between the pushes allows you to stay under the 25 point limit for the retaliations so those you attacked skip you for more juicy opponents. Perhaps it helped that the bracket was quite low. Top 1 was at 2300, top 5 at 709 and top 10 at 602.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    I understand why he did it, as any lead was hard to get, but someone passed me (thought it would be many..guess 1090 was harder to break than I thought..since I got to 1260 originally so easily) and shielded for only 20 points above. Just woke up with 15 min till the end, waited for last 4 min, release the shield and win one near 50 pt match against a reletiveely low hp team giving no care to damage taken (very fast match) and reshield. Reshield for 3hrs with 1min left (wasn't necessary, but its not like.at the time I knew that) and see the other guy is still shielded meaning I win. Sorry to whomever I just did that to. Morale of the story is ALWAYS build more than a one match gap.

I basically bought a blue iw for 100 hp I'll take it. Though I am looking for non-green wolvie covers more than iw.
    So the net hp for placing first, for me, was -50 hp (-100 if it had the newly.nerfed 1000 pt progress reward) and required me to already have 150 hp prior to starting the tournement. I am.happy that I won.again but Luke many said...I didn't feel.accomplished doing it. Glad I only put a net total of about 1 hr into.this event...
  • And with this tournament, IW is capped at 3/5/5. icon_e_wink.gif
  • If Z530XGuy is on here, I'm sorry I took the IW from you since you must have spent a fortune on shields but I got lucky on my last push without getting hit much on my way to 2600
  • Grind in the last 2-3 hours of tourny and cruise my way to first with 1030 points with a 200 points lead over second place. IW is now 0/5/2.
  • This second run of Rage and Ruin was way easier for me than the first where I lost my top 3 ranking and plunged to top 15 during the last minutes. I must confess I used shielding but way less than previously. I began the tournament 1,5 days before the end, advanced slowly and hit the 8 hour shield during the sleep. I continued next day and took the 3 hour shield twice (the first time turned out to be unnecessary, I got hit only two times for ~30 points each). I broke the last 3 hour shield just before tournament ended and (I feel a bit bad that) I "stole" 1st place in my bracket grinding furiously the last 15mins. I ended up with 1360 points. I had about 100 point lead to the second place int the last minute (he was shielded the whole time so probably he was settled to accept rank 2-5).

My IW is now 1/1/1, Patch reached 2/2/1 and my Punisher is maxed out at 3/5/5. I burned approximately same amount of HP as in the first R&R round. Only that during this second round it surprisingly paid off much better.
  • Ariakos wrote:
    This second run of Rage and Ruin was way easier for me than the first where I lost my top 3 ranking and plunged to top 15 during the last minutes. I must confess I used shielding but way less than previously. I began the tournament 1,5 days before the end, advanced slowly and hit the 8 hour shield during the sleep. I continued next day and took the 3 hour shield twice (the first time turned out to be unnecessary, I got hit only two times for ~30 points each). I broke the last 3 hour shield just before tournament ended and (I feel a bit bad that) I "stole" 1st place in my bracket grinding furiously the last 15mins. I ended up with 1360 points. I had about 100 point lead to the second place int the last minute (he was shielded the whole time so probably he was settled to accept rank 2-5).

My IW is now 1/1/1, Patch reached 2/2/1 and my Punisher is maxed out at 3/5/5. I burned approximately same amount of HP as in the first R&R round. Only that during this second round it surprisingly paid off much better.
    Your experience differs wildly from mine. Granted, I didn't spend as much time on the second run, but in the first run the top 10 of my bracket were all shielded for the last 3 or so hours of the tournament. It was pretty locked in.
  • There's going to be winners and losers in every tournament. I went to bed at #9 and ended up about #30 down by about 250 points. That's not as big a drop as I feared and certainly quite recoverable if I didn't have to do other things. I guess I could've shielded, but I didn't care about Patch cover that much so I'll horde my HP for now.
  • That was a god damn dog fight Freestye...

Finally caught you unshielded with an hour to go, and got an attack in on you. Was hoping that 40+ pt swing would be enough to end this madness.

Full disclosure, I was one more shield break from conceding IW blue.

You did force me above 2400 for 4* wolive, (which i wasn't planning on attempting) so thanks for that.
  • Fangel wrote:
    And with this tournament, IW is capped at 3/5/5. icon_e_wink.gif

Grr ... And here I am trying to win my first IW cover. Oh well managed to snag some patch covers. Congrats!
  • I found the first run way easier, I wasn't able to attain the 2400 reward though but still was able to get 1st with 2200 and a 3hour shield. Second tourney I was in top 8 or what not with only an 1100 standing, first was 2400 and shielded.
  • I came back late from work, so in 45mins I was able to get about 800pts and so I ended in top15. Pretty happy about it, though I don't quite understand people with 0-30pts, who started to attack me about 5mins before the end of the tourney. guess they wanted some progression rewards...

I don't like this new system. we came to back to era of "play during last hours of tournament only". and it's even before they implemented Pay to Skip.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    I came back late from work, so in 45mins I was able to get about 800pts and so I ended in top15. Pretty happy about it, though I don't quite understand people with 0-30pts, who started to attack me about 5mins before the end of the tourney. guess they wanted some progression rewards...

I don't like this new system. we came to back to era of "play during last hours of tournament only". and it's even before they implemented Pay to Skip.

Some ppl simply don't play over weekends probably. And so this morning at work/on commute was probably first time they even saw the tournement.
  • jozier wrote:
    I got slammed too many times getting passed 1400. I think I got up to about 1700 at my highest but couldn't get passed that. So no 1800/2400 progression for me. I'll take the second place finish though.

It would be nice if instead of D3 making up some **** about competitive rankings and blah blah blah they just admitted the changes are a money grab.

EDIT: Tanking team in. I have a 500 point lead on 3rd so might as well see if I can slightly reduce my MMR while still finishing top 5.

Reminds me of Friday when you hit me the second I hit 2413 but the game didn't give me my first wolfie cover, then I proceeded to get bombarded so I had to panic shield at 2290. Sorry had to mention it, been bothering me. Handily won my bracket regardless getting my first 4* IW.

Was able to scrape out a top 5 this morning but it was decidedly harder without an all star team at the helm. Probably one of the juicer targets in my bracket.

Still not sure what to lvl 3* wise, only have Punisher and Patch with any significant amount of covers.
  • Had a real fight for first between me and jacobpc in my bracket, with us both reaching 2800 at the end (third place was 1000), just managed to nip in front in the last 20 minutes of the tournament luckily.
  • Fangel wrote:

And with this tournament, not even any of my uncommon characters are capped... I need to stop visiting the forums, you guys are making me sad icon_e_sad.gif
  • Infini wrote:
    Fangel wrote:

And with this tournament, not even any of my uncommon characters are capped... I need to stop visiting the forums, you guys are making me sad icon_e_sad.gif

Don't worry, about 99,9% of the players are nowhere there. icon_lol.gif
  • bracket didnt move much.

1st place was 2k
    2nd place was me at 1.4k
    3rd was 1k

i struggled to get any points at 1.2k the matchmaking was terrible. i didn't need the iw reward but i was bored and wanted to try for 1st place but yeah when you can't find anyone but 0pts - there's no point.
  • I got lucky with my bracket as I only started on the last morning, and after getting to 600 points quickly I found myself in the top 5. I pushed on through the day and managed to stay in the top 5. 1st place was only about 1.2k points, and I ended up just below 1000 points (which I actually broke through twice, but didn't get the reward as I was attacked at the same time).

Two top 5 finishes means I have my 2/2/2 Patch now anyway, which I'm happy about. Got some HP saved so I might treat myself to a couple of covers for him as I really can't see the devs making any changes to such a new character for a while.