**** Lock and Load - Recruiting NOW ****

Comments

• For your consideration

Regards
    D
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Want to get Lock and Load folks opinions if this is worth pursuing. I've been interested in getting some real character reviews up for our Alliance mates and looking for a format that would work right. Of course, any help in writing these would be appreciated! Here is an initial view of what it would look like below. Regarding the Ability Breakdowns, they are a Work In Progress and could use your insight on it.

AP Manipulation: Ability to generate/steal/modify AP
    Attack: How much damage they can do based on all abilities
    Defense: Abilities to mitigate damage (Protect Tiles/Invisibility/etc)
    Health: Overall Health class (tier based), uptick for true-heals here maybe
    Speed: How quickly can they get abilities off/potential synergy here with AP Manipulation if they can create their own AP
    Overall: Straight non-weighted average of the above

Those are the qualities I care about, but I could be missing something. In this case, XF OLD had off the charts numbers for everything, but New definitely brings him down a good bit.

Wolverine (X-Force)
    260?cb=20141002171601

Powers: greenflag.png > blackflag.png > yellowflag.png
    Health: 10,960
    Rarity: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
    Current Power Ranking: 1

Character Ability Description
    greenflag.pngX-Force - Cost: 8 Green AP
    Wolverine unleashes his berserker rage, cutting with his adamantium claws. Deals 137 damage and destroys 5 tiles in a 3x3 X-Shaped pattern. Does not generate AP.
    Level 2. Deals 183 damage.
    Level 3. Destroys 9 tiles in a 5x5 X-Shaped pattern.
    Level 4. Deals 548 damage.
    Level 5. Deals 685 damage and destroys 15 tiles in 3 3x3 X-Shaped patterns
    Max Level: Deals 1360 damage and destroys 15 tiles in 3 3x3 X-Shaped patterns

blackflag.png Surgical Strike - Cost: 11 Black AP
    Wolverine attacks with ruthless precision, crippling his enemy’s ability to retaliate. Destroys every tile in the enemy team’s strongest color, dealing 55 damage per tile. Does not generate AP.
    Level 2. Deals 96 damage per tile.
    Level 3. Deals 138 damage per tile.
    Level 4. Deals 225 damage per tile.
    Level 5. Deals 394 damage per tile.
    Max Level: Deals 781 damage per tile.

yellowflag.pngRecovery - Cost: 9 Yellow AP
    Wolverine’s healing factor repairs his wounds, and he ferociously lashes out if interrupted. Places a 3-turn Yellow Countdown tile that heals for 1187 health when activated. If the Countdown tile is matched, Wolverine destroys 6 random tiles, dealing 55 damage per tile.
    Level 2. Heals Wolverine for 1662 or deals 92 damage per tile.
    Level 3. Heals Wolverine for 2137 or deals 138 damage per tile.
    Level 4. Heals Wolverine for 3086 or deals 202 damage per tile.
    Level 5. Heals Wolverine for 4985 or destroys 9 tiles.
    Max Level: Heals Wolverine for 9899 or destroys 9 tiles. 400 damage per tile.

Ability Breakdown (New)	
    AP Manipulation	1
    Attack	         3
    Defense	        2
    Health	         3
    Speed	          2
    Overall	        2.2

Ability Rating (NEW)
    pubchart?oid=1383210301&format=image
    Ability Breakdown (Old)	
    AP Manipulation	5
    Attack	         5
    Defense	        2
    Health	         3
    Speed	          5
    Overall	        4

Ability Rating (OLD)
    pubchart?oid=1305000239&format=image
    Viable Spec          Popularity
    Damage - 5/5/3         ??
    Damage - 3/5/5         ??
    Damage - 4/5/4         ??

Review:
    X-Force just went through the Demiurge "Balancing" machine, he was the literal cream of the crop, best character hands-down in the game and now has lost a lot of his appeal. He is still a good character, but nowhere near the powerhouse he was, which is probably why he was nerfed. He was a lock to be on your 3 man team in almost every situation (ok... every situation), he's now become more situational, like the rest of the MPQ characters.

His new X-Force (Green) barely hits for anything worthwhile damage wise and is now essentially a board-shaking ability. This is still handy and with the same AP costs, still spammable, but instead of taking out huge chunks of enemy life (4-5K a pop), it's closer to 1.5-2K a pop now with cascades. Surgical Strike (Black) actually hits harder than it used to (upwards of 10K on good boards), but lost are it's AP Drain (10 from Enemy's strongest color) AND AP Gain (every tile destroyed gained AP). Of all the changes, this probably hit home the hardest as he used to be able to accelerate AP for your team and cripple your opponents by essentially wiping away their strongest color they have stored and removing any chance for them get more for a couple turns on the board. Yeah, it was as awesome as it sounds, lol. His Recovery (Yellow) actually had it's damage component (Tile Destruction) increased as well, which is good, it now makes his Yellow a viable Damage outlet, but this is still percolating amongst the masses, updates later once this has been live for a bit longer.

Paired with AP Generators like Cyclops, Kamala Khan, Iron Fist, GSBW, etc his Surgical Strike can daisy chain into some insane damage, but bear in mind if you actually need those colors, you've now wiped the board of that potential AP. Also recommend bringing another Green outlet (i.e. Kamala Khan, Lazy Thor) if possible.

Bottom Line: Is he worth it? Yes. Is he worth buying covers for like he was? Absolutely not. In fact, leveling him may adversely impact your PVE Scaling (TBD), so if you do have him and are in the process of leveling him, do not go past 166.

PVE Grade: B-
    PVP Grade: C

Anyway, let me know what you think and I can see if I'll continue working on it. If you want access to the Google Doc to help with content, let me know and I'll PM you an EDIT link (only has Luke Cage and X-Force tabs so far). Popularity of Specs would just be based off Forum polls, but not all characters have them and all these changes sort of invalidate the old ones. This wouldn't be for all characters, just ones we think folks should focus on getting and leveling, so thinking maybe 15-20 tops here.

Of course, all of the above is SUBJECT TO CHANGE and does not represent a final review, just a draft to see how it may or may not help.
  • D2KM_
    D2KM_ Posts: 134
    Score your write up idea is awesome! If you need any help i can lend a hand just send me the edit option. Can you send it via pm on forums or do you meed my e mail?

I promise i will give an honest and unbiased review of Cyclops icon_cool.gif
  • ojcAust
    ojcAust Posts: 140
    D2KM_ wrote:
    I promise i will give an honest and unbiased review of Cyclops icon_cool.gif

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, in my learned opinion icon_e_ugeek.gif I will have to state the following....

"Liar liar pants on Fire!" icon_lol.gif
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Score - I'm assuming you're going to do a bagman review!

Sorry peeps had a blowout on my tyre (damn bloody new one as well £120 down the tube!) which means I essentially missed a 20 hour window for playing MPQ.

Missed the end on QS PvP completely - I think I had 16 hours to go when last logged in. Also missed a whole day PvE.

Bummer but there you go! These things are sent to try us.
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Just an update, I'm working out an update to the Character Review template so we can just copy and paste a pre-formatted section at the bottom with BBCode built in for easier posting into the forums. I just have to get Google Spreadsheets to cooperate, lol.

My plan is to create a tab for each character to be reviewed and then farm it out to volunteers, but I'll probably do a good portion of them since I like doing this sort of thing. All other "guest" reviewers will have to do is update the Ability Grade fields and update their own review in their words (this last bit will pretty much be freeform and the rest will be somewhat automated).

I am SUPER busy though this week with work, but will plan to work on getting this to a point to send out Edit invites sometime this weekend hopefully.

Also, any comments/feedback on the Ability Ratings (5 so far)?

AP Manipulation: Ability to generate/steal/modify AP
    Attack: How much damage they can do based on all abilities
    Defense: Abilities to mitigate damage (Protect Tiles/Invisibility/etc)
    Health: Overall Health class (tier based), uptick for true-heals here maybe
    Speed: How quickly can they get abilities off/potential synergy here with AP Manipulation if they can create their own AP
    Overall: Straight non-weighted average of the above

Was thinking about Board Control/Manipulation, i.e. OBW Blue, Shulk Green, 4hor Yellow, SQ Purple, etc, but I think this can fold into Defense or should it be it's own category and we now rate up to 6 points for a best score in each category? Is Health really something we need now that everyone seems to be uber jacked? Thoughts?
  • sigepbullet
    sigepbullet Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Scoree - that would be awesome!! For a newer player like myself, I am always trying to figure which covers to keep, which to upgrade and which to sell. Plus I hate that when it comes to selecting which of the 13 upgrades you want to have, it takes multiple steps to find out when changing from one color to another may do for you

I'm not sure how much I can contribute to what you are doing, but I would certainly help in any way I can
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Scoree - that would be awesome!! For a newer player like myself, I am always trying to figure which covers to keep, which to upgrade and which to sell. Plus I hate that when it comes to selecting which of the 13 upgrades you want to have, it takes multiple steps to find out when changing from one color to another may do for you

I'm not sure how much I can contribute to what you are doing, but I would certainly help in any way I can
    Sigepbullet - you can always on me for roster advice if needed!
  • ojcAust
    Salgy wrote:

Sigepbullet - you can always on me for roster advice if needed!

Definitely worth it. In fact it has been a while since I had a review on the roster. Alright Commanders, I am currently holding off on leveling characters until iso8.png reduction takes effect. Firstly I plan to bring Steve Rogers up to 166 (355 after simulator event ends) as a key utility character, but I am open to suggestions on who next or which character to focus on. I have imcoin.png after selling xforce and would consider investing in a character, but would rather avoid it unless you convince me otherwise.
    And your time starts now.....
  • Nooneelsesname
    Nooneelsesname Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    a1nKYxw.gif
  • sigepbullet
    sigepbullet Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    So I am guessing that the Ultron event crashed the servers? Everything is a mess on there right now LOL
  • Score awesone idea? Formsure worth it!! And really useful
    Btw servers are down, no ultron, no pve, no pvp...
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Just to keep you updated - I cant access anything for the last 3 hours or so - hit ultron a dozen times or so then "check internet connection" issues since then.

Looking on the forums fairly widespread problem - lots of peeps **** about missing end of PvP & PvE but I suppose this is the pain we have to go through for new content.
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    I can't find the alliance in the app, is anyone else experiencing issues ?
  • MarvelDestiny
    MarvelDestiny Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    I can't find the alliance in the app, is anyone else experiencing issues ?

Oh, hell yeah--it's crashfest 2015 baby! I haven't been able to do anything practically all day. The AvU event had disappeared from my account when I logged in today so I figured there were problems and just worked on the last of the simulator. Right before the Sim event ended (literally 1 or 2 mins on the timer) my connection failed. It took awhile to get back in and when I did ALL events were gone and apparently I had been dropped from LL2. My Alliance connection reset (phew!) but I still can't see the chat.

So here I sit twiddling my thumbs and logging in and out hoping events will repopulate so I can smash Ultron's shiny bald head in. Oh, and what makes this EVEN more hilarious is I keep getting hit in PVP -- the popups are kind enough to let me know when my teams are hit. I can be attacked with impunity since I can't retal.

I was so looking forward to this event and now it's just another d3 frustration. Oh, and I still haven't gotten my rewards from the sim. Arrgh!
  • Same here, can't play pvp or the the new pve.
  • ojcAust
    edited April 2015
    Okay team, it looks like they fixed the server issues for now. So this is a CALL TO ARMS! Ultron is easy at the moment, but he is going to get big, bad and nasty real soon. How nasty? The type that even Chuck Norris would think about twice before crossing icon_e_surprised.gif ......maybe.
    So I will ask of you all to hit this tin can while we can, we are going to need time to refresh when ULTRON is the highest level opponent we have seen. Forget about Level 395 HULK, we are potentially looking at a Level 500 NASTY.
    Malorick, Salgy and I are waiting to hit him again in round 6, but need your help. We have done all we can in round 5 so brothers and sisters we need you to take apart this metal fiend with us.
    LOCK AND LOAD PEOPLE!!!!

By the way. Anyone notice a Groot World Order in this thread. If I know my wrestling background the wwe was invaded by wcw at one time......oh dear icon_eek.gif
  • MarvelDestiny
    I'm sure this is old news and maybe even obvious to the vets, but it looks like OBW/Thor/+1 is the way to go for the swarms (at least for post 2*-early transitional 3* rosters).

Anybody else have good team comps to recommend?
  • Philly999
    Philly999 Posts: 16
    i still have Problems. couldnt Play the final PVP hours and if i see the scores in the ultron Event im sure, i still have Problems with my game cause i cant hit ultron more than i did. everything is locked....
  • MarvelDestiny
    I am also still having problems. Connection failures are keeping me from logging in and then kick me out in the middle of fights when I do manage to squeeze onto the servers. Between the server/connection problems when AvU began and the last 24 hrs of trying to get BACK in, I haven't been able to do more than a couple rounds. SOOoo frustrated...

To everybody in LL2, I'm so sorry I haven't been able to contribute more. icon_e_sad.gif