*** Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) ***

Comments

• Really? with the repeatitive storylines one after the other, and pulling the same moves in a PvP over and over... i dont think much ppl cares about the sound not after the first minutes but i dont even turn it on to see new characters lol

It they had other type of sounds, i dont know, lets say rocket saying "Murdered you!" "Blam!" or catchy comic phrases "Flame on!" it would be interesting, it wouldnt last much surely but a bit more than a few grunts now
  • Best. Thread. Responses. EVAR.

Thank you one and all for bringing a HUGE smile to my face. I didn't laugh out loud though, you know, because I'm at work. icon_e_wink.gif

DBC
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    MojoWild wrote:
    There's sound...?

HA!! icon_e_biggrin.gif qft.

I find the sound design pretty good - but for the longest time hadn't heard it since Day 1 as I keep my iPhone in silent/vibrate mode, and whenever I am playing MPQ it's usually in a situation where I wouldn't want any sound emanating from the phone at all anyway (i.e. work breaks, or watching a movie at home).

This was the case for the first year of playing until I accidentally turned the volume switch on while un-sleeping my phone (which was mid-match), only to unexpectedly be hit with the horrific demonic growling of Hood's Intimidation at max volume. o.0
  • MojoWild wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    MojoWild wrote:
    There's sound...?
    yes, video games have sound

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sarcasm
    I don't want folks to get confused. I oftentimes see folks say they don't know what video games sound like.
  • dearbluey wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Yellow has new Sound FX

I like the little "ting!"
    these people don't: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28247
  • TheViceroy
    TheViceroy Posts: 82 Match Maker
    They do stealth changes for animations quite a lot. I think they went through like 2-3 changes for She-Hulk's voice in Power of Attorney before what we have now.

Her original scream was the best one. It was actually jarring in a good way. But then I remembered that I barely use her.
    Although that Green of hers hit me HARD in the Sim this morning, so as Sir Charles would say = "Maybe not turrible..."

Funny that we are now at the level where sound effects can be "nerfed"...
  • gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Prof X convergence sound is also changed slightly ...
  • It's best to mute the game and imagine the sounds and voices from marvel vs capcom.

HIDDEN MISSILES!!!!!!!!!
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I worry about anyone who gets upset about a "ting".
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    My gosh. The definition of a "tough crowd."
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Actually, it was just me.

Have something to say about it?
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have to agree that the new "we have a sale!" sound is cringeworthy.
  • Gagutz
    Gagutz Posts: 104
    I'm trying to find characters who work great with Kamala for PVP.

Have her at 5/3/5

I see a lot of potential with her...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Punisher has been working great with her, low cost abilities means everyone stays healed. You would still need someone to tank blue, so put Doom in there, high HP and his blue feeds punisher or his demons. If not a fan of doom, 3* Magneto for Blue works as well.

edit: i do not have beast (just won my first cover for him off the SW PVP) so no idea how his blue would go, but with strike tiles etc from Punisher, you can't really go wrong, and if either beast or kamala go down, you still have heals and an aoe green
  • Ruibarian
    Ruibarian Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    The characters that have abilities really shine with her yellow.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Everyone! icon_mrgreen.gif

No, in all seriousness, I have found precious few people that DON'T work well with her, but the best have been characters with cheap and/or repeatable skills. I've been having a lot of success with Hood and Captain America with her in survival nodes - Hood's black can speed up Cap's countdowns, charging up your health with her passive to keep you in the fight. Any green generator is also a good pair for her, as her AOE attack hits pretty hard (Lthor, GSBW come to mind). At the 4* level, Professor X seems like he'd be good, as her Purple power can pretty easily create match 5s. Probably could make a case for 2* Hawkeye for the same reason.
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    For this week, her best friend is Cyclops.

He is powered up too and their color spread is good. The ever-useless-Beast takes Blue and is a 6AP power if you nothing better to do.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Everyone! icon_mrgreen.gif

No, in all seriousness, I have found precious few people that DON'T work well with her, but the best have been characters with cheap and/or repeatable skills. I've been having a lot of success with Hood and Captain America with her in survival nodes - Hood's black can speed up Cap's countdowns, charging up your health with her passive to keep you in the fight. Any green generator is also a good pair for her, as her AOE attack hits pretty hard (Lthor, GSBW come to mind). At the 4* level, Professor X seems like he'd be good, as her Purple power can pretty easily create match 5s. Probably could make a case for 2* Hawkeye for the same reason.

I tried cap, in PVE where you get a chance to get those skills going, yes, he can get you a heal from Kamala every other turn, get a couple countdowns going at once.. but they take a while to get started. In PVP, you sometimes do not have the luxury of time. When buffed, i see Juggernaut being paired with her loads, anything that can counter the bad headbutt.

I will say this.. in the SW PVP, i came across a Kamala/Sentry team.. she heals every time he hurts.. the synergy was almost enough to make me sad i have sold every sentry cover i ever had.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    i thought loki was good
  • Gagutz
    Gagutz Posts: 104
    The only three characters I can think of which would be effective with her in PVP...

Black Panther
    Cyclops
    Devil Dino

I'm just looking for a second character to pair with the featured character in PVP. Simulator she's amazing with countless characters.

I'm a little frustrated.. because she is unstoppable in PVE... however PVP against the very strong teams with high health... you can only regenerate health so much while waiting to get your moves in to take them down... Especially since there are powered up characters now...