*** Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) ***

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just for kicks, i tried a Daredevil, Cyclops (now that i finally have a yellow cover) Kamala

Daredevil is lvl 102 2/4/3
    Kamala is lvl 102 3/2/4
    Cyclops is lvl 78 3/1/3

Got an easy win in shield simulator (already got my heroic 10 pack this season, so just messing around waiting on heals) Won the match pretty easily

Huge surprise, i woke up to +41 in non-shielded defensive wins (had plenty o losses in there as well)

This team covers the rainbow, and i think i will work on building it into a core team once i get more covers..
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    edited April 2015
    Previously, the sound effect was silly / cartoonish / kawaii / very much her personality...and now they've changed it to the dinging of a Berry Crocker Easy Bake Oven Timer.........

As miniscule as that is, it's rather silly to have changed.

Plus, "Sound Fixes" wasn't even mentioned in the Patch Notes. I don't get it.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    There's sound...?
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    They do stealth changes for animations quite a lot. I think they went through like 2-3 changes for She-Hulk's voice in Power of Attorney before what we have now.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I keep the sound off.

Thanks, Venom's icky slurpy sound!
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't even remember when I turned off the sound, it was so long ago.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    OMG, I am literally cracking up. Why on Earth do ya'll have the sound turned off? You mean you keep your phones muted? Or you have deliberately gone into the options menu in the game and put the 2 scroll bars all the way down?
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    OMG, I am literally cracking up. Why on Earth do ya'll have the sound turned off? You mean you keep your phones muted? Or you have deliberately gone into the options menu in the game and put the 2 scroll bars all the way down?

I play both the Steam version and the phone version. And, yes, I deliberately turned the sound all the way down. Venom's slurpy sound just squicks me out.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:

I'm hard pressed to get why that is funny. icon_rolleyes.gif

I both keep my phone muted throughout most of the day and also put the scroll bars down. I don't know about you, but I have a job and having my phone go off is rather unprofessional. Beyond that, there are a lot more things more interesting to listen to than the music and sound effects in this game.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:

I've deliberately turned the sound down in-game. It's a matter of being polite to the people around me. I know I certainly don't want to listen to whatever other people are doing, so it stands to reason that they don't really want to hear all the videogame beeps and boops coming from my phone either.

It's the same reason why I keep my phone muted most of the time anyway. The early 2000's was a rough time, but it's behind us now and no reasonable person has to hear the AxelF/Crazy Frog ringtone ever again.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Is anyone else reminded of the best foods commercial when they read this ability?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxobBuudZAc
  • MojoWild wrote:
    There's sound...?
    yes, video games have sound
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Because I don't want the dude in the toilet cubicle beside mine to know I'm shield hopping? In case it's my boss. Or worse, it's the guy I have in my retal queue who also happens to be my boss.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Yellow has new Sound FX

I like the little "ting!"
  • I quite like the twinkle sound.
  • I try to turn "sound effects" way down or all the way off in most games these days. Dialogue or BG music I don't mind so much as long as its not too repetitive. There is benefit or requirement to having the sound on in MPQ so its off permanently for me. Even things like FFVI I play mostly in silence even though all of its music is pure nostalgia for me, though I do find the headphones just to listen to that game from time to time.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    I know the laundry list of things that need to be fixed in the game is quite large and there are higher priorities but I have always said there needs to be a major overhaul in the sound design. I'm with a lot of people in this thread that play on silent but when I do play with sound most of the effects are very mismatched.
    For example 1* Iron Man's red sounds like a lightening storm and 4* Thor's blue makes her sound like some kind of hideous monster. I would give money just to have the Iron Man sound effects from the movies.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,489 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Because I don't want the dude in the toilet cubicle beside mine to know I'm shield hopping? In case it's my boss. Or worse, it's the guy I have in my retal queue who also happens to be my boss.

Gee, thanks! I'm at work too and I nearly fell out of my chair laughing at this.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    raisinbman wrote:
    MojoWild wrote:
    There's sound...?
    yes, video games have sound

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sarcasm
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I installed game (over a year ago), immediately went into options, turned off sound, and THEN played my first round.

I turned on sound once to hear the She-hulk grunt that folks were talking about, and once to hear the Dino chomp. Those are the only two times I've heard the game sound.

Does anyone have a video link of old/new Kamala sound? icon_e_smile.gif