Bartle Test

Options
Unknown
edited January 2014 in Off Topic
It totally deserves separate topic! icon_e_biggrin.gif
Warning: nerd alert!

By the way: some of you may be wondering why I keep using the term "spading". If you are a super video game geek and/or the kind of person who likes taking personality tests, you may be interested to know that it comes from the Bartle test, which is a personality test geared for gamers.

According to the test, there are four aspects of gaming personality:
- Achievers (you like getting the highest score, beating the game, and optimizing for best results)
- Explorers (you like finding things and figuring out how things work)
- Socializers (you like helping other people and being part of the community)
- Killers (you like defeating other people and/or griefing them)

To make them easier to remember, the four aspects are also referred to as suits of cards:
- Achievers are diamonds, because diamonds are perfect
- Explorers are spades, because spades are shovels, which are used to unearth hidden things
- Socializers are hearts, because socializers have big hearts
- Killers are clubs, because you use clubs to hit things

Take the test here!

I took it 2 years ago and here is my result:
Shikao.png
Socializer Explorers love the the 'total experience' of a virtual world--meeting new people and finding the unique places. They don't care much for PVP or leveling, but meeting up with online friends to see new parts of the world is considered fun and exciting. SEs make great group members, because they often know everything there is to know about a game and are enjoy sharing that knowledge freely.

I agree with the result and it's not really surprising to me icon_e_biggrin.gif Though I might take it again soon to see whether I changed over the course of 2 years icon_razz.gif

P.S.
I don't why it says I took it today, maybe cause I clicked mischiefmaker's link

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    2 years ago very much an ESAK:
    Explorer 80%
    Socializer 47%
    Achiever 40%
    Killer 33%

Now I have 13% more E in my ESAK.
    Explorer 93%
    Socializer 47%
    Achiever 40%
    Killer 20%

Although I have to say, it really depends on the game I'm playing. EVE for example, I enjoying flying around in a neverending supply of Rifters and engaging in a bit of piracy. That game's mindset would push me as an EKSA most likely. EQ/WoW type games are as above. Something like Dark Age of Camelot or Warhammer Online somewhere in between. City of Heroes I was probably an extreme ESAK 100/60/40/0 type. That game was *all* about finding new stuff to see and do for me. Well, that and dominating the AH, which I guess I do in every game that has one and is a form of PVP.
  • Acheiver 80%
    Explorer 73%
    Socializer 40%
    Killer 13%
  • E: 73
    S: 67
    K: 60
    A: 13
  • Interesting, I was learning about Bartle in this gamification course I took but haven't bothered to take the quiz.

Didn't quite like the questions (I like killing, but I always prefer MP over SP), but I'm content enough with the results.

E67
    K60
    S53
    A40
  • Yeah, with some questions I wished there were better or more options.