Rage and Ruin Tourney

Comments

• jozier wrote:
    All the fun from PVP is gone. Not an overreaction or an exaggeration. It's just not fun anymore.

This. The first Rage and Ruin Tourney with affordable shields was quite enjoyable. I felt there was a steady progression as I and everyone else progressed up the ranks.

This second tourney feels constantly like one step forward two steps back. After not playing for awhile, you come back to a huge list of -40 plus points and all your progress gone. It's just not fun.
  • lazer wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    All the fun from PVP is gone. Not an overreaction or an exaggeration. It's just not fun anymore.

This. The first Rage and Ruin Tourney with affordable shields was quite enjoyable. I felt there was a steady progression as I and everyone else progressed up the ranks.

This second tourney feels constantly like one step forward two steps back. After not playing for awhile, you come back to a huge list of -40 plus points and all your progress gone. It's just not fun.

icon_twisted.gif DEV MODE ON icon_twisted.gif <<<Oh just wait wait WAIT! You did not pay us munnies for your golden shields? Bad, BAD boy! You don't DESERVE to keep you progess! >>>

icon_rolleyes.gif

I want to believe that the motivation for the change was to actually improve the game for the players, but it really boils down to this now, sadly...
  • Spoit wrote:
    Spoit, ease off the attack a bit will you? I'm pushing for 2400 reward here icon_e_wink.gif
    Oh oops, thought you were shielded because the points weren't going down. Guess it was lag.

No worries. It wasn't lag though, I was playing frantically to gain back the points u took icon_twisted.gif

Finally got to 2400, not easy with all the -40 attacks coming in from random attacks...
  • Hi, spoit. Thanks for the point. I can only see you twice, then u disappeared off my radar.

Thundrrhead when can I hit on u? U are the only one I can find with my skipping....

This match making is so hard play ....

Also bubbleboy , if u can skip a few more rounds, there are bagman in 1.8 k and 2.2 k, please don't hit on me so many time.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Spoit, ease off the attack a bit will you? I'm pushing for 2400 reward here icon_e_wink.gif
    Oh oops, thought you were shielded because the points weren't going down. Guess it was lag.

No worries. It wasn't lag though, I was playing frantically to gain back the points u took icon_twisted.gif

Finally got to 2400, not easy with all the -40 attacks coming in from random attacks...

grats
  • Either the matchmaking is even worse than ever, or I've been spectacularly lucky before and am experiencing its full awfulness for the first time. Stuck at 1000 (well, low 900s now because I got tired of trying to outpace the attacks and shielded, since I had the 100HP from clearing 1k), constantly being hit for 40 to 50 and it won't give me anything worth hitting but one poor guy who's been repeatedly popping up for god knows how long. Anyone can attack anyone, huh? I sure as hell can't.

If they do go ahead and implement Skip Tax without hiring someone slightly competent to get this working to anyone's satisfaction, I predict death threats and rioting. Should be fun.
  • So did the matchmaking break again?
    I keep getting hit by guys 300-500 points below me yet I can't find matches against anyone with even 50-100 points of my score.
    It's really frustrating knowing the top of my bracket isn't even that far ahead of where I was before I got pummeled down from almost 1200 to 1000 in the span of a minute.
  • Yea, I joined late (with 5 hrs left) and was able to find people with +600 up to +800 than what my score was at all times.
  • So did the matchmaking break again?
    I keep getting hit by guys 300-500 points below me yet I can't find matches against anyone with even 50-100 points of my score.
    It's really frustrating knowing the top of my bracket isn't even that far ahead of where I was before I got pummeled down from almost 1200 to 1000 in the span of a minute.

yeah i keep getting matched to people who are at 0-300pts using teams well below lvl50 - some look like beginners... against my team of max lvl Ares, C.Magneto and Spiderman. So its been really frustrating skipping through all of them that i'm just gonna sit at 2nd place and be done with this event.

and now they want to introduce an iso cost to skipping... great.
  • Hey guys, how you doing. I'm the first place in my brachet with 2 hours to go (so nothing is sure).

I've got a 3 hour shield, and a tank team (lvl 6 ares, moonstone and captain america). If you feel like, please hit me anytime i show up. I just noticed the "Devine Champions" tourney that started, and i would like to get myself some Punisher covers (curently he is 1/1/1). I want Punisher to be my first 3 star hero icon_e_smile.gif but i'm afraid i've increased my mmr a bit to much recently, even the 3 starting fights are some high level Thor and Ares.

Good luck to your rewards guys.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Yea, I joined late (with 5 hrs left) and was able to find people with +600 up to +800 than what my score was at all times.

I too didn't have any trouble finding high point opponents. This was by far the fastest I've ever accumulated points in a tournament. Got to 2400 without too much trouble. (I hit Common twice when he wasn't shielded, felt bad about that...sorry.)
  • After around ~700 most of my matches were only worth around 10 points. I managed to find one worth 48, but couldn't find another after that and shielded up.
  • No problems finding opponents as well. Think I spent more time calculating whether I had sufficient green to one shot Ares.
  • Finished first in round one and went up to 2500. Decided with all the changes and the increased shielded costs to screw it and focus on top 5. Currently sitting about 1200 in third.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    I tried to get to 1200 for the punisher cover and almost managed to do it. Just one win away icon_e_sad.gif I even bought some health packs to keep playing but in the end it seemed hopeless. The never-ending horde of attacks dwindled my score down slowly but surely. I think the shield cost changes made people focus on the last hours of the tournament again.
  • I got slammed too many times getting passed 1400. I think I got up to about 1700 at my highest but couldn't get passed that. So no 1800/2400 progression for me. I'll take the second place finish though.

It would be nice if instead of D3 making up some **** about competitive rankings and blah blah blah they just admitted the changes are a money grab.

EDIT: Tanking team in. I have a 500 point lead on 3rd so might as well see if I can slightly reduce my MMR while still finishing top 5.
  • Jeez, you guys weren't kidding. I entered the tourney this morning 3 hours to close with 14 health packs in tow. Easy sailing till I hit about 700+, then it was all downhill. Had spent maybe 4 packs at most by the time I hit 700. I blew the rest and shielded at 806 in 3rd place. The attacks were relentless.

I'll participate in Divine Champions only because all I want/need are black OBW covers, but otherwise, I'm out until if/when this jack-fest blows over.
  • Spent about 3hrs this afternoon grinding my way back up the ranks but started losing points so badly I gave in and put a shield up. With 3hrs left needed 300 points for top 5. Managed to close the gap but it took me literally an hour and a half to grind 30 points against the same 5 opponents (who of course were lower in points than I was) while being attacked constantly for 30-40 points. Made it by 3 points...hopefully whoevers below me has gone to bed and wont check their ranking... icon_e_confused.gif

As above im out until they fix this clusterfuck. At least seriously. Luckily I dont need anything out of the new tournament so I can wait and see how it goes stress free icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • ares jacked up to 300% or whatever he is is pretty stupid.
  • Well once again I grind for the last two hours trying to work my way up to top 5. I get just within reach and just about to break 1000pts so I can buy a shield and then comes the onslaught. I'm get hit at least twice for every match I play and I can't find a single match worth more than 25pts. I'll be lucky to finish top 15 at this point.

Like most others have said I'm done with PvP until this is fixed.