DDQ question

Options
Fairly simple one...

Are the characters required in DDQ random, or chosen by devs? I think some have been repeated when others not showed up at all yet.

Anyone know?

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looks like a rotation. Currently giving the 2nd power covers for all characters that were featured for 1st power covers.
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    Options
    Twombley wrote:
    Fairly simple one...

Are the characters required in DDQ random, or chosen by devs? I think some have been repeated when others not showed up at all yet.

Anyone know?

so far the order for the second go round has followed in the exact order as the first (first go round was 33 characters) offering 2nd level powers.

the change everyone is waiting for is when/how iron fist, rags, kamala and quicksilver, etc will be added and whether these characters will be offering top power or second level power.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    thanos8587 wrote:
    Twombley wrote:
    Fairly simple one...

Anyone know?

so far the order for the second go round has followed in the exact order as the first (first go round was 33 characters) offering 2nd level powers.

the change everyone is waiting for is when/how iron fist, rags, kamala and quicksilver, etc will be added and whether these characters will be offering top power or second level power.

SnowcaTT has posted the full rotation at the following link,as well as the extrapolated future rewards. Very useful.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=26817

The big question is are they going to slot new characters in between each reward (i.e. when they give out the third cover, will they add more characters?) or only when they finish the whole rotation? Those are the most likely options (not at all seems unlikely.) When we went from first to the second cover they didn't add new characters, but it was only IF and Rags at the time - and both had increased sale prices.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    NO D3, don't mess up my rotation with IF at the end of the 2* rotation. I would be -so- disappointed, so much more work to get all the dates lined up again....

(they always do the opposite of what we ask, right?) icon_lol.gif
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    NO D3, don't mess up my rotation with IF at the end of the 2* rotation. I would be -so- disappointed, so much more work to get all the dates lined up again....

(they always do the opposite of what we ask, right?) icon_lol.gif

Adding the new characters at the "change over" period between covers (1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd) makes the most sense as otherwise there's going to be something like up to a 3 month delay before you start seeing new characters in DPDQ. On the other hand that delay gives an edge to those players who win the new characters in PVE and PVP (and/or spend HP on them,) so they may intentionally slow that down. I guess we'll see next Friday when the cycle opens - the last character in the set will either BP or else IF, Rags, QS, or KK.

And if it is a new character, will they give us the first, second, or third cover?
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Perhaps they are waiting to have 5 new 3* characters before adding them to the rotation. That way no other 3* character are doubled up
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a feeling a new cycle 'week' will be added when this complete cycle of all 3 covers is finished (another ~month). then the 5 oldest of the unincluded characters will be added, probably include IF and rags (along with kk, qs and the next one?). no proof or hearsay, just what I think they'll do...