** Ares (Dark Avengers) **

Comments

• How much you use Ares' yellow may depend on how far through the game you are. I use him with OBW, who just heals him with blue. OTOH, I still use his yellow somewhat sparingly (I keep waiting for Thor's strike anyway), and of course I'd save it for Spidey once I get him leveled up.

Speaking of which, Ares' yellow is a decent way to spoil OBW's heal, if you care about that.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    4 green and 5 green have no damage difference, as I've seen 4/4/5 and 5/4/4 85's so far. Both had an output of 604 per green.

Anyone got a maxed 3/5/5 that can say what their green damage is? I've got it pegged at about a 26% increase from 3 to 4
  • Kelbris wrote:
    4 green and 5 green have no damage difference, as I've seen 4/4/5 and 5/4/4 85's so far. Both had an output of 604 per green.

Anyone got a maxed 3/5/5 that can say what their green damage is? I've got it pegged at about a 26% increase from 3 to 4

Thanks for the input. I think I'm gonna stick with the initial opinion of 4/4/5 which will be complete tonight icon_e_smile.gif
  • I too decided on 4/4/5 and have him there after the latest tournament. Had a blast with him buffed and I love his yellow skill - just need to be sure he gets his heal off. Unbuffed at 55 he is not as good as 85 Thor but I suspect it will be much closer once he is 85 and no contest after the Thor nerf. Also no point comparing him to Wovie until we see how badly he is nerfed. I am thinking that Ares will be the guy once rebalancing is done and they are making him so easy to get in order to soften the blow. I now have one of each 3* wolvie color and am concerned how badly 2* wolvie will have to be hit with the nerf bat in order to make 3* better but that is off topic.
  • To me, this guy is all about his yellow. His other powers seem inconsequential.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    To me, this guy is all about his yellow. His other powers seem inconsequential.

Agreed. His red isnt that special and his green could be used for other characters, but his yellow hits like a truck, then heals him for almost the same damage. It was brutal when I went up against lvl 50+ buffed ares with my lvl 21 haha
  • 4/4/5 all the way.

During first round of Ares tournament, lvl5 Sunder did wonders - deals enormous amont of dmg (Ares is about 40+ lvl), then heals him back. Combined with Logan and OBW, I skipped only teams containing high lvl (50+) Ares.

green lvl 5 is basically useless. You want to have as much green as possible, so why bother about the cost?

red lvl5 is only 5% difference - it's 267hp difference. don't go this path.

and just to convince unconvinced - those who want to go 535 or 355 - just check out the difference between lvl 3 and 4 of the skill which You won't max. Green - 20% dmg boost. Red - more than 20% dmg boost. convinced? yes? thank You icon_e_smile.gif
  • 85 Ares is pretty fun to use in missions. Been using him with OBW + Punisher/Wolvie/mandatory story hero. His red is amazing after you've got a lot of strike tiles on the board, and it's hilarious (but not recommended) to use it at low hp to clean up lv240 fights. I use green the least, strike tiles are usually better, but it's really nice when I'm about to Aggressive Recon because then I can steal half of the AP cost back and match once to do it again.
  • I wasn't really into Ares when he first came out, but I fell in love with the guy during R&R. Pair him up with a healer and up his Yellow to a decent level and there isn't a single care in the world. I view the tourney as a transition phase for those still using Thor/Wolverine.
  • His boosted green in the pvp tournament is definetely a great punch (for and against). You can stock all you want and then one shot anything (even opposing Ares) but if you miscalculate, the opposing ares survive and has lots of green in stock to beat you back.

The text could be clarified that green is won when opponents use green skills
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    I think Ares could be a quite decent character after Wolvie and Thor get nerfed even when not buffed. He similar to Juggernaut in defence that you don't really care if he damages himself and he can do quite a bit damage if left unchecked so people might want to skip maxed out Ares teams. He is quite tanky to boot. If we assume Wolverine and Thor (and others announced) get nerfed to oblivion what kind of team do you think would be good for Ares?
  • I have ares at 4/3/5 because im going 4/4/5 but at the end of the event i can buy a slot and rebulid him with the rewards if 4/4/5 isnt good. I chose 5 yellow because it is very powerful in the tournament. I also find that his green is really good, it can be matched with wolverine 2* green and storm classic green. His green is way better than thor and Ragnok.
  • Okay guys, I need some advice.

I currently already have a 4/4/5 Ares, he is at lv 60 now.

From the Hunt event, I have gotten quite a number of covers for him. I can now even build a second Ares. I have the slots, so I don't mind.

Any recommendation for a secondary Ares build?

I'm thinking since I already have 5 yellow in one build, maybe I'll go 5/5/3 in the second Ares?

Suggestions?
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Okay guys, I need some advice.

From the Hunt event, I have gotten quite a number of covers for him. I can now even build a second Ares. I have the slots, so I don't mind.

I'm thinking since I already have 5 yellow in one build, maybe I'll go 5/5/3 in the second Ares?

Suggestions?

I think maybe 4 green 5 red 4 yellow. There's really no point in 5 green IMO so the final option would be 3 in green.
  • In retrospect, 5g actually does make a difference in the Ares tournament simply because he tends to overkill anyone but himself in that tournament so you want to be able to use green with as few AP as possible. Of course, that's only because he's way powered up in that tournament. Under normal circumstances you sure won't be worrying about overkilling a guy with just 6 green AP.
  • Thanks guys. Was thinking 5/5/3, but will go 4/5/4 now.

I have enough Greens and Yellows. Probably just need 1 more red.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    The low health indicator (blinking hp bar) seems to be 25%? My ares has the health flash at around that % (turn before it was around 26%, now he has the flashing health at 24% ). That would be a nice indicator for people going 4 red.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Okay guys, I need some advice.

Suggestions?

I think maybe 4 green 5 red 4 yellow. There's really no point in 5 green IMO so the final option would be 3 in green.

A 4/4/5 is perfect for Ares 5g and 5r gives nothing to Ares. Because you want to stack green to one hit kill someone and if ares is 30% means that the fight is almost over. Also 15 covers is another character lvl up. But at the end your choice.
  • 4/5/4 is for people who like to enter fights with low health.

5/4/4 is for those not too keen on taking damage.

They're both viable imo.
  • 4/5/4 is for people who like to enter fights with low health.

5/4/4 is for those not too keen on taking damage.

They're both viable imo.

Both of those are worse than 4/4/5 though.