** Storm (Classic) **

Comments

• konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    dearbluey wrote:
    Please post this in the Character thread dedicated to her. The developers do read them.
    Oh do they ?. Ok will do.

MODS DELETE THIS PLEASE.
  • Just for reference, you can delete your own thread. There's a red X in a box right next to the Edit button for the post. Have a nice day.
  • dearbluey wrote:
    Please post this in the Character thread dedicated to her. The developers do read them.

MODS DELETE THIS PLEASE.

Nay, they can just move the thread.

Storm is fine the way she is. A lot of ppl underrate her. She's even the perfect stand in with 4or when xforce locked out.

The problem is not storm, but the tup system that got nerfed when boost drops were reinstated. If players and used more tups storm's yellow value would go up.
  • konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    dearbluey wrote:

MODS DELETE THIS PLEASE.

Nay, they can just move the thread.

Storm is fine the way she is. A lot of ppl underrate her. She's even the perfect stand in with 4or when xforce locked out.

The problem is not storm, but the tup system that got nerfed when boost drops were reinstated. If players and used more tups storm's yellow value would go up.

I think STORM is quite good my self. Her black power deals around 4000 damage with on use. And it only cost 9 ap. I think people think it's not good because they don't see 4000 they see 1005 , 850, 755, 620, 540, 455, and so on . but that power does massive damage. Not to mention you probably get more than 4k plus your using it at least twice a game

Her green is a little costly in my opinion should cost 8 ap.
    And yellow just needs a slight damage buff.
  • With the recent MNMags nerf and the HP increases, Storm has really been hit hard. I used to be able to fight at least 3, sometimes 5-6 matches with MNMags + CStorm, but now it's more like 1, maybe 2, and the pair are out.
  • Hey all,

Just about to get my fifth blueflag.png from sim tonight, and I'm just wondering if the concensus has changed regarding 3/5/5 vs. 5/5/3 since the, uhm, recent changes.

I know the blueflag.png is a done deal, but I'll be dropping either greenflag.png or yellowflag.png , leaning toward dropping yellowflag.png , yes?

Oh, and I would likely be running her with Ares, Thor, Mags, etc. (read: greenflag.png users).

Thanks!

DBC
  • With the increased health to most characters, 20% is a lot more. You're less likely to get that from match damage + strikes with most 2* characters at 5k health or more (20% at least 1k). If you are getting it from match damage, you're probably losing the match anyways. For me 3/5/5 is only useful if I'm going to take her into a node with underlevelled characters to half suicide to a pyro or rocketeer and get the triple windstorm at 50% attack.

3/5/5 has had it's days and they're gone.
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Original post needs to be updated.
  • I have storm Classic maxed Out, yet when I try to play the Essential it says I don't have her. Luckily I had a spare 850HP and another Storm Classic I could recruit.

Once I recruited I could play with Storm.

I chose my maxed Storm Classic, I enter the game and it shows the newly recruited storm, not the Storm I chose.
  • This is a recurring bug for all essential characters. If you don't see them selected while composing you team, you just have to scroll through your roster and select them directly.
  • I have the same problem, I have storm classic max level but she is locked?
  • I have quite a few 3 star covers. Is it worth maxing her out or should I sell her?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    She's one of the best 2* characters, useful in PvE long after you've started getting good numbers of 3*s. Team damage, even when it tops out at 2-2.5K (depending on whether she's boosted) with four turns of stun where you choose the target is great, and Lightning Storm can pick up a ton of AP to fuel your 3* characters if you let green build up.
  • VazzVegas
    VazzVegas Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    I can see arguments for both 3/5/5 and 5/5/3. I'll try out 3/5/5 first and try the other as well.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tried out 3/5/5 for a while and it wasn't my cup of tea. I love Lightning Storm in all its forms.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    I tried out 3/5/5 for a while and it wasn't my cup of tea. I love Lightning Storm in all its forms.

The covers fell 3/5/5 for me when I first started, and maxed yellow saved me on multiple nodes in Gauntlet events. I held onto that build (or maybe I changed it to 4/5/4, I think?) for a while, but I respec to 5/5/3 not too long ago. It's just more reliable, at least for how I play.
  • Hey there. I'm quite new to the game and I'm having trouble with Storm. My Storm is on a weird build (5/4/4) because those were the covers given to me.

I'm in a slow 2* - 3* transition and have 6 maxed 2* (pushing Daken to be the 7th), and I have to say, I NEVER use Storm's Green, since I am always with Ares, Thor or Wolverine on the team.

I am really thinking about getting her to 4/4/5 since her yellow has saved me from a few troubles and I don't quite see the point on having 4 stuns instead of 3.

But I get from this tread that I may not be thinking straight, so what am I missing? When will I ever use Storm's Green on 2* land other than on a team without ares/wolv/thor? Also, how important was for you guys to have 4 stuns instead of 3?

Thanks!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    ferig wrote:
    what am I missing?
    I think what you're missing is that you're focused on dealing damage and not board control. Sometimes generating AP is more important than dealing damage. That's when you'd want to use CStorm's green. And having an extra turn of stun allows you an opportunity to gain AP in an extra turn, and maintain board control. Look on youtube for videos with CStorm and MnMag, and you can see the potential in getting the AP train rolling, rather than just focusing solely on how much damage you can do per turn.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    ferig wrote:
    what am I missing?
    I think what you're missing is that you're focused on dealing damage and not board control. Sometimes generating AP is more important than dealing damage. That's when you'd want to use CStorm's green. And having an extra turn of stun allows you an opportunity to gain AP in an extra turn, and maintain board control. Look on youtube for videos with CStorm and MnMag, and you can see the potential in getting the AP train rolling, rather than just focusing solely on how much damage you can do per turn.
    as a specific situation where I run storm with mags and 2thor in big enchilada - I never use green on thor except on the last wave. all green gets saved up to the 25-30 range and that dumps 25-30 ap in my lap every time I use it, which helps chain everything together to keep it going. in a single match where you're only taking on 3 guys (unless its a high scaled pve goon node), ap generation is sometimes not as important as damage dealing so you might not use it as much in most 'normal' instances, but there are definitely situations where that ability fuels the entire team.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    An old thread... And I scanned many of the posts.... But I need to vent... And 'apparently' the devs read these....

Why is Classic Storms health so low????

Just max championed her at her health is 3552.... Looked at my level 60 2* Cap and he has 3648??

What gives?? A character at 144 is weaker than a 60??

Fiddlesticks!! That is just plain wrong!!