Divine Champions

Comments

• I thought it makes no sense that you don't fight a team that has the featured character in the respective brackets? Why would people do say, Loki's arena when you've to use Loki (relatively weak character) while your opponent don't have to?
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Oversoul wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    Oversoul wrote:
    Ugh, I was going to make this thread! ; _ ;

You're going to post the rewards/progression, right?

Go ahead and remake the thread. If it has the info, it will live on.

Writing the thread as we speak...

Feel free to copy mine icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Il Palazzo wrote:
    Wow, MORE punisher covers as placement prizes? Again? Seriously?

Maybe people shouldn't have **** about not having hit 50k in the first Hulk event.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    I thought it makes no sense that you don't fight a team that has the featured character in the respective brackets? Why would people do say, Loki's arena when you've to use Loki (relatively weak character) while your opponent don't have to?
    If they weren't constantly increasing the HP drain rates, I'd be tempted to buy the covers to try that patch/loki strat
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Oversoul wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    Oversoul wrote:
    Ugh, I was going to make this thread! ; _ ;

You're going to post the rewards/progression, right?

Go ahead and remake the thread. If it has the info, it will live on.

Writing the thread as we speak...

Feel free to copy mine icon_e_biggrin.gif

Eh, hopefully the OP will copy/paste the info to the first post to save time, actually icon_razz.gif
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    We'll seems like I only need progression rewards this time so I can save on shields.
  • Phantron wrote:
    I thought it makes no sense that you don't fight a team that has the featured character in the respective brackets? Why would people do say, Loki's arena when you've to use Loki (relatively weak character) while your opponent don't have to?
    Because MMR hell would be worse and they have a maxed Patch Wolvie?

I wish this tourney woulda gave more Hulks icon_e_sad.gif
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    The position prizes in this tourney are prety poor considering I have max black widow and no punisher cover at all, why no patch wolvie, hulk or even grey suit widow?
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Oversoul wrote:
    Eh, hopefully the OP will copy/paste the info to the first post to save time, actually icon_razz.gif

Unity is... no longer online. No point in making a new topic though; I guess people will just have to scroll down to see mine.
  • Oversoul wrote:

Unity is... no longer online. No point in making a new topic though; I guess people will just have to scroll down to see mine.

I know, I meant tomorrow.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Il Palazzo wrote:
    Wow, MORE punisher covers as placement prizes? Again? Seriously?

What about Hulk for a change? Or just anything else?

Also prepare yourself for a mid tournament Thor nerf.

Maybe next event will be punisher-based
  • It's hard to imagine any team that must contain Loki to be stronger than a team that must contain say, Thor. Even if you get the strongest possible team that contains Loki, it's likely an easier match than the average Thor team that's probably going to be 85 Thor 85 Storm 85 Ares or some similar variant.

There should be a bonus point gains multiplier (but not loss) for the arena that nobody is playing in. I'm guessing almost nobody will be doing anything to do with Loki.
  • Spoit
    Phantron wrote:
    It's hard to imagine any team that must contain Loki to be stronger than a team that must contain say, Thor. Even if you get the strongest possible team that contains Loki, it's likely an easier match than the average Thor team that's probably going to be 85 Thor 85 Storm 85 Ares or some similar variant.

There should be a bonus point gains multiplier (but not loss) for the arena that nobody is playing in. I'm guessing almost nobody will be doing anything to do with Loki.
    Have you looked at the patch/loki combo? 1k+ basic matches, and the taking only 1 damage from almost everything
  • My OBW is 0/4/3 so I guess I need top 75 finish and then top 150, should be doable.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    It's hard to imagine any team that must contain Loki to be stronger than a team that must contain say, Thor. Even if you get the strongest possible team that contains Loki, it's likely an easier match than the average Thor team that's probably going to be 85 Thor 85 Storm 85 Ares or some similar variant.

Have you looked at the patch/loki combo? 1k+ basic matches, and the taking only 1 damage from almost everything

I instantly thought of that as soon as I saw him buffed, but few people will have a 2/2/2 Patch at best (unless they used HP). Even then, can you trust the AI to pull that combo off?
  • Spoit
    Oversoul wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

I instantly thought of that as soon as I saw him buffed, but few people will have a 2/2/2 Patch at best (unless they used HP). Even then, can you trust the AI to pull that combo off?
    No, but defense is meaningless anyway
  • Oversoul wrote:

AI won't use Trickery unless there's something to convert. Just a question if he'll have the AP in a timely manner. Besides, strike tiles are annoying regardless. Its essentially a strike tile version of Headbutt, which is a great deterrent at low level play.
  • Loki and patch is too costly to setup, insanely overpower if it even happen on a defence team.
  • gonna aim for original black widow black skill... since i already got all my punisher cover from the previous events xD
    gosh i just got totally destroyed by storm blue skill with 4k + damage D:
    think ares is not that buff in this tourney... only 8k hp at lv73... rag hp 13k need chump him down so hard T_T
  • Lol at one last F U in the form of the hp nerf at 1000. I mean really? Kinda sad honestly. Who must have messed up the code to make these last sub events from the hunt give 500 hp is what I wanna know....because we are friends now.

All I see that interests me is the red wolvie. I may or may not participate in this event beyond simple progress and a "where it lays" on the ranking as I'd be irritated to spend 100+ hp to miss first and get more punisher covers. Sold some already and should have 9 in my inv once the hunt main rewards come in. Up to 2 yellow im, 2 blue doom, 1 mag, 6 punishers, and 2 rag right now in my cache. The im disappear in day and a half so I should be done at 15 useless 3*** in 7 days as I dont plan on opening any packs for a while as there is nothing I can really get right now. Sometimes you have to play games with yourself to keep things interesting lol...