*** She-Hulk (Modern) ***

Comments

• Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    simonsez wrote:
    Have you tested it? The way it reads, when it says it improves "friendly" tiles, it seems to be referring to the previously-enemy tiles that got flipped to you, not tiles you already had out. If they intend it to improve tiles you already had, there ought to be language specifying how many get improved. If you assume it only refers to the flipped friendlies, the number is already specified.

I can confirm that it does improve the newly stolen tiles immediately, just like Elektra's purple.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tried out She-Hulk, Hood and Loki in the Latveria sub of Meet Rocket and Groot and it was incredibly effective. Going up against level 200+ opponents, I still went through the entire main track using just a single healthpack.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    I have her at 5/3/5 currently but after the patch, I'm really starting to think that 4/5/4 could also be viable as a PvP support build if you want to actually use her in PvP. Someone else should honestly be doing the damage besides She-Hulk in all situations in my opinion.

hmmm -- I'm thinking the same as well. Along with others here, I misunderstood the wording in her new blue, and now think 4 blueflag.png would be ideal for converting two tiles. Her red definitely serves more use as a board shakeup than as primary damage source, while the 2x100% denial on the green just seems better and better the more I try it out. (My underleveled She-Hulk is 5/5/3 right now, purely for the way the covers fell.)
  • I really want someone with a full PX to test Cage She-Hulk ProfX. I've a feeling it's almost unbeatable
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    ArkPrime wrote:
    I really want someone with a full PX to test Cage She-Hulk ProfX. I've a feeling it's almost unbeatable
    don't know about cage but i've done PX, IW, SH. 2 invisible, and a cheap ap drain protected beyond damage
  • fmftint wrote:
    ArkPrime wrote:
    I really want someone with a full PX to test Cage She-Hulk ProfX. I've a feeling it's almost unbeatable
    don't know about cage but i've done PX, IW, SH. 2 invisible, and a cheap ap drain protected beyond damage
    Cage shuts down match damage. She hulk drains 2 ap pools every two turns or so. On yellow AP we have damage spike, on red we have aoe, Cage and She Hulk both have cheap spammable skills to interact with PX, and PX improves all tiles, including Cage's. Everyone has large health pools.

It seems very, very hard to get out of the lock.
  • So I haven't played the game in a while but my wife told me there were some changes to I decided to check them out. I've been awaiting a Shulkie update for a long time and I don't see what you guys are talking about saying she's significantly upgraded.

Blue - Only hits enemy tiles is a big plus but it's even more situational as they removed the ability to steal Countdown tiles so this is a push at best.

Green - It's more usable than before but still not great. You guys kept saying drain which got me excited but it just reduces the AP, doesn't steal it. It's still random so therefore its still somewhat unreliable.

Red - No change makes me sad. Don't get me wrong, it was already decent but I was hoping for a bit of a damage increase given the increased health across the characters and the power creep of other similarly costed abilities.

Overall, I don't really see much of a difference here. Her new green can be somewhat abusable in certain teams but as a standalone character, I don't think she's much better. Build-wise, you still need 5 red and now need 4 blue so you can either go 5 blue to get the extra pop from the tiles you steal or you can go 4 green to reduce the second AP a little more.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grizzlegom wrote:
    So I haven't played the game in a while but my wife told me there were some changes to I decided to check them out. I've been awaiting a Shulkie update for a long time and I don't see what you guys are talking about saying she's significantly upgraded.

Overall, I don't really see much of a difference here. Her new green can be somewhat abusable in certain teams but as a standalone character, I don't think she's much better. Build-wise, you still need 5 red and now need 4 blue so you can either go 5 blue to get the extra pop from the tiles you steal or you can go 4 green to reduce the second AP a little more.

We are excited about Shulk because she's going to be a great support character. And by support, I'm referring to the hood/ Loki variety. She won't be the alpha strike character (like Cyclops black or fury blue), nor would she be the most dangerous character.

But she will definitely be annoying with her cheap green, reducing your opp AP. Her ability are also.all cheap so that means it will be spam often in a match. And as a support character, her health is top notch!
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    She might be worth running when the featured character creates special tiles (IF/Cage/Daken/Blade/lol spiderman), blue is cheap enough that the AI can probably autopilot it. In those situations all 3 of her colors are pretty good so you can focus on black/purple/yellow (IF/Cage/Blade just so happen to use those colors for your featured character). She's better than she was although I dislike her green (not that its bad it just won't be a fun ability to play against).

Edit: God damn AI used a Settlement TU on my IF tile and it did a ton of damage since it was stuck in a corner.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    She Hulk vs Cage/IF is HILARIOUS. They make special tiles, you steal and improve them. They make more, you steal and improve them. All the while keeping their AP so low they can't get any actives off. I only have her at 100 and she's punching WAY above her weight in the right matches. I think she's my next 166.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    The more I read this I am beginning to think 3 blue may be enough, however I am convinced that 4/5/4 is the standard build, no questions asked. The only question is do you go 3/5/5 and go for massive AP denial? Because she steals random and only if they have any AP she could be a massive pain in the ****.

So you have this.

Settlement.

Lvl 3--Steal 2 tiles, give one back, boost yours by 123
    Lvl 4--Steal up to 3 tiles, give one back, boost yours by 123
    Lvl 5--Steal up to 3 tiles, give one back, boost yours by 191

Settlement is going to always going to bail you out in goon battles if tiles resolve and obviously level 5 helps you the most. In terms of characters.

Kingpin--only if stuff resolves
    Fury--only if escape plan resolves
    IW--can steal some protect tiles
    Elektra--if purple goes
    Professor X

Your Daken's, Blades she can tear up, but everyone else seems to be in certain situations. I mean sure she can steal IF or Cage but they'll just make another.

The more I think about it, being able to destroy 2 of the 7 colors outright for 6 AP just seems to good to pass up.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:

The more I think about it, being able to destroy 2 of the 7 colors outright for 6 AP just seems to good to pass up.

^Exactly this. I think 5 green is going to be one of the most annoying HP drain move. In the past I have been hit by her green, and it drained ALL my 15green which I am preparing for COTS. It was extremely frustrating.

And now she's going to have the drain at 6 AP? Oh boy, this gamma girl is going to be a strong defence.

I originally wanted to go for 355, but somone did the maths and 4 red doesn't sacrifice that much board shake.

So my final vote will be 454.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    She Hulk vs Cage/IF is HILARIOUS. They make special tiles, you steal and improve them. They make more, you steal and improve them. All the while keeping their AP so low they can't get any actives off. I only have her at 100 and she's punching WAY above her weight in the right matches. I think she's my next 166.
    Yeah, I have been having a lot of fun with that too. Being able to steal attack tiles is quite interesting. It's unfortunate that Blue is completely useless against some opponents though, so I am thinking level 4 in both blue and green is the way to go for Shulkie. 5 red is a given as it is quite potent.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster wrote:
    Yeah, I have been having a lot of fun with that too. Being able to steal attack tiles is quite interesting. It's unfortunate that Blue is completely useless against some opponents though, so I am thinking level 4 in both blue and green is the way to go for Shulkie. 5 red is a given as it is quite potent.

Honestly, by the numbers 5 red may be sub optimal, but I'm keeping it just because it's fun. Like you, I have found She-Hulk/Hood/Loki to be very effective, and I'd like to keep her damage dealing skill high-level so I'm not relying on ONLY Twin Pistols. The matches take a long time to play without a massive damage dealer, but they're fun and puzzly: steal some tiles, use illusions to move them to the top of the board THEN PoA. It isn't a race to 12+ of a single color then win the game like some other teams are/have been, but it's fun (for PVE. In PVP I think I'd take too many retaliations during the long matches to be worth while, but then again it might be so annoying it's a skippable team).
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's not something that should bother me because it's pretty minor, but since they just reworked her, I don't understand why the scaling on her red wasn't standardized.

All new 3* (and most old ones, few exceptions) have a scale from base to max of ~3.1735 (give or take a few thousandths). Hers is near double that. Here's what red should look like, roughly.
      Power Of Attorney - Red 9 redtile.png
      She-Hulk strikes the ground, causing the earth to shift under her enemies' feet. Destroys 10 tiles from the bottom of the board and deals 164 Damage to the enemy team. Does not generate AP.
        Level 2: Deals 236 Damage Level 3: Causes a bigger shock-wave, destroying 13 Tiles Level 4: Deals 338 Damage Level 5: Destroys 16 Tiles and deals 441 Damage
      Max Level: Destroys 16 Tiles and deals 1401 Damage

Changes absolutely zero at max level, but puts her underleveled damage with everyone else.
    • dkffiv
      dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
      I think I'm leaning toward 4/5/4 too. The biggest advantage is that because green can't target 0 AP stocks, double tapping will guarantee knocking out 4 colors. Building up 12 green and waiting til the AI has enough to cast will result in setting them back several turns. Definitely a good skill to wait until the last second to use.
    • She can steal Threaten tiles, 10/10 would pay for that Jennifer Walters skin they show in her events
    • The 3 extra tiles destroyed by Power of Attorney at level 5 matters a lot in terms of cascades because destroying the bottom row is one of the least powerful cascade in the game and it's the 'spikes' that give you the cascade potential. I don't really approach my games defensively so I'll probably stick with 5/3/5 but the green certainly is strong enough to make an argument for a defensive approach.

Something that seems confusing to me is that it seems like if you've Settlement at steal 3 and there are 2 special tiles on board, it steals both of them? It seems to work like that with Threaten and not that I'm complaining but I thought based on the wording the 2 tiles should go 1/1 instead of 2 (me)/0 (them).
    • john1620b
      john1620b Posts: 367
      Phantron wrote:
      The 3 extra tiles destroyed by Power of Attorney at level 5 matters a lot in terms of cascades because destroying the bottom row is one of the least powerful cascade in the game and it's the 'spikes' that give you the cascade potential. I don't really approach my games defensively so I'll probably stick with 5/3/5 but the green certainly is strong enough to make an argument for a defensive approach.

Something that seems confusing to me is that it seems like if you've Settlement at steal 3 and there are 2 special tiles on board, it steals both of them? It seems to work like that with Threaten and not that I'm complaining but I thought based on the wording the 2 tiles should go 1/1 instead of 2 (me)/0 (them).
      Yeah, based on how it's worded it should be 1/1 when there are only two special tiles, but it's better it's in her favor. I'm not sure why they stuck with the really confusing wording -- it should just be, "Steals up to two enemy special tiles, improving them by XX."
    • Marc_Spector
      Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
      As tough a choice as it is for me of 5 green vs 5 red, I think I'm going to keep green at 5 -- because if I save it up for two uses in a row, I want to know that I'm absolutely destroying 4 types of enemy AP, and not re-targeting a now-75%-depleted stack of AP upon my 2nd use of it.