*** She-Hulk (Modern) ***

Comments

• FlaDoc wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    BTW I hope her new ability works like Loki's - loki never steals "0" AP

It does. When I tested her in the prologue she always took pink/green which were the only 2 colors the goons generated.

YEY I NEED ISO TO LEVEL HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_cool.gif .

Also, now that this is confirmed, her green is actually like a really good MTG card - cheap cost, big effect when used strategically. Sure, she can't touch countdown tiles anymore, but she can drain AP completely which is a big deal.

With this knowledge in tow, many nodes that were "instadeath"(Hood + Yellow feeders) might now be bearable through She-Hulk.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Changed my vote to 4/5/4. Red is still her best and you really want to affect 3 tiles with her blue. Going down from 100% to 75% on the second colour for her green is not that bad.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    FlaDoc wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    BTW I hope her new ability works like Loki's - loki never steals "0" AP

It does. When I tested her in the prologue she always took pink/green which were the only 2 colors the goons generated.

Hallelujah!! My unlevelled Shulkie's 5 green already and I'll likely keep her at that (+ 5 red) for PVE.

Also: someone should really correct the color order in the poll on page 1
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2015
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Changed my vote to 4/5/4. Red is still her best and you really want to affect 3 tiles with her blue. Going down from 100% to 75% on the second colour for her green is not that bad.

Yeah! This is good news! Her red is good for board shake, and now that Xforce is nerf, I really miss a good cheap board shake. She hulk PoA will be a good replacement for Xforce green.

I did some maths, and quite convinced that 445 is a good balance.

Comparing between 50% and 75%,

AP AI have- amount remaining with 50% drain- amount remaining with 75% drain

9 - 4.25 - 2.25
    10 - 5 -2.5
    11 - 5.5 - 2.75
    12 - 6 - 3

The chart shows a clear superiority with 75% drain. If the enemy has 12 AP, and is hit by the 75% drain, he will need 3 more matches to gain back the same amount of AP. In contrast, the enemy can gain back the same amount of AP with 2 matches.

This one match difference is consistent across the 9 - 12 AP range. This means that you have 2/7 chance of preventing the opponent from firing a skill. If you fire her green 2x, the probability increase to 2/6 since the first cast will have drain one color entirely.

Question for me is whether her green is good enough for 5 cover. At 5 cover, if you cast it twice, you have 1-(5/7 *3/5) probability of targeting the color which you want to drain. That is equal to around 58% chance of avoiding that COTS or Whales.

Edit: adjusted the maths after my alliance mate pointed it out to me the error.it sshould only be 58%,.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Tried her blue and it turns out she doesn't just distribute special tiles. She basically steal two special tiles from the enemy. When there are only two enemy special tiles left, both are improved & converted to your side. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm thinking She-Hulk could work well with Hulk now. Hulk tanks green and red and generates green for Furious Charge...
  • himatako
    After using her for a while, 3 in green doesn't seem enough and I might try increasing it to 4 soon. 5 in Blue might be overkill, as I don't really get to use it that often and it doesn't feel as effective as I hope it would be.

The only time I can actually benefit from her blue is when I use Ragnarok + She-Hulk + Patch. Ragnarok's red can feed blue to She-Hulk, this sometimes convert purple to blue, so it decrease the number of enemy strike tiles generated by Patch's green. I could convert all strike tiles to mine and from there the match end really quickly icon_e_biggrin.gif

Her green is really good at stopping enemy from using skills. I'll try 4/5/4 and see if it's better than the current 5/5/3
  • atomzed
    himatako wrote:
    After using her for a while, 3 in green doesn't seem enough and I might try increasing it to 4 soon. 5 in Blue might be overkill, as I don't really get to use it that often and it doesn't feel as effective as I hope it would be.

The only time I can actually benefit from her blue is when I use Ragnarok + She-Hulk + Patch. Ragnarok's red can feed blue to She-Hulk, this sometimes convert purple to blue, so it decrease the number of enemy strike tiles generated by Patch's green. I could convert all strike tiles to mine and from there the match end really quickly icon_e_biggrin.gif

Her green is really good at stopping enemy from using skills. I'll try 4/5/4 and see if it's better than the current 5/5/3

Another possibility I thought about is blade and doom.

Shulk-blade, active ability in green, red, blue, black and purple. Blade black can reduce one color down to zero, which increase the chances of shulk draining more colors.

Shulk-doom, active ability in green, red, blue, black and purple. The good thing is when in defence, if the opponent don't have special tiles, then the blue is not wasted, as doom can use his blue instead.

She really looks interesting. Will have to save up iso to level her.
  • himatako wrote:
    Tried her blue and it turns out she doesn't just distribute special tiles. She basically steal two special tiles from the enemy. When there are only two enemy special tiles left, both are improved & converted to your side. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    So how in the world does this ability work? Is it a better version of Elektra's purpleflag.png ?
  • I realize I'm one of the few that didn't think she was that bad before, but for me her usefulness has decreased. Her old blue ability to affect countdown tiles made her useful in PvE's and even the big enchilada. Now I don't see her getting much action since her new blue ability is essentially a less effective version of Loki's black. It's too bad.
  • inadreves1
    inadreves1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    A team with She-Hulk, Blade & Hood is a "Drain team"... and rainbow! icon_cool.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    inadreves1 wrote:
    A team with She-Hulk, Blade & Hood is a "Drain team"... and rainbow! icon_cool.gif
    Yup. Loki also works.
  • himatako
    raisinbman wrote:
    himatako wrote:
    So how in the world does this ability work? Is it a better version of Elektra's purpleflag.png ?

The ability steals an enemy's protect/attack/strike tile an improves it. At level 4, it steals 2 special tiles.

I'm not sure whether it's better than Elektra's purple. Elektra generates strike tiles so she can steal those the second time you use it. In She-Hulk's case, she needs someone to generate enemy special tiles. However, she's more flexible in term of types of special tiles.

At the cost of 9 AP, I think her blue is best against someone who generate a small number of powerful special tiles like Lazy Cap, Sentry or Squirrel Girl. Maybe it's good against Luke Cage or Iron Fist too, since those two will always give you something to steal whenever you have 9AP.
  • atomzed
    himatako wrote:
    The ability steals an enemy's protect/attack/strike tile an improves it. At level 4, it steals 2 special tiles.

I'm not sure whether it's better than Elektra's purple. Elektra generate strike tiles so she can steal those the second time you use it. In She-Hulk's case, she needs someone to generate enemy special tiles. However, she's more flexible in term of types of special tiles.

At the cost of 9 AP, I think her blue is best against someone who generate a small number of powerful special tiles like Lazy Cap, Sentry or Squirrel Girl. Maybe it's good against Luke Cage or Iron Fist too, since those two will always give you something to steal whenever you have 9AP.

Hmm, wait a min, so if it steals a protect tile it will give you a protect tile too? That is different from the previous version which always give you a strike tiles.

So at level 4,so the opponent need to have 3 special tiles for you to steal 2?
  • himatako wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    himatako wrote:

I'm not sure whether it's better than Elektra's purple. Elektra generates strike tiles so she can steal those the second time you use it. In She-Hulk's case, she needs someone to generate enemy special tiles. However, she's more flexible in term of types of special tiles.

Okay, so if I'm understanding this correctly: Casting She-Hulk's blueflag.png works like this at level 4:

There's 3 enemy tiles on the board. Cast Blue. She randomly "takes" 3, 2 become yours, third becomes nothing, your enemy keeps it?

If so, the wording is confusing, they should just say she takes 2 as part of the 'settlement'
  • himatako
    raisinbman wrote:
    Okay, so if I'm understanding this correctly: Casting She-Hulk's blueflag.png works like this at level 4:

There's 3 enemy tiles on the board. Cast Blue. She randomly "takes" 3, 2 become yours, third becomes nothing, your enemy keeps it?

If so, the wording is confusing, they should just say she takes 2 as part of the 'settlement'

Yes, it works exactly like that. You'll see the third tile being selected, but nothing is done to the tile. The animation effect is purely cosmetic. I hope they can fix the ability's description to make this clearer.
    atomzed wrote:
    Hmm, wait a min, so if it steals a protect tile it will give you a protect tile too? That is different from the previous version which always give you a strike tiles.

Yup. The tile just become yours. I used it against Doom and gained control of his demons, dealing more damage back to him.

At level 4, if there are less than 3 enemy special tiles on the board, all of them becomes yours. You always steal up to 2 special tiles.
  • himatako wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

Yes, it works exactly like that. You'll see the third tile being selected, but nothing is done to the tile. The animation effect is purely cosmetic. I hope they can fix the ability's description to make this clearer.
    atomzed wrote:

Yup. The tile just become yours. I used it against Doom and gained control of his demons, dealing more damage back to him.

At level 4, if there are less than 3 enemy special tiles on the board, all of them becomes yours. You always steal up to 2 special tiles.

I really like She-Hulk now!!!! She's been sitting at 5/5/2 for months. This is awesome.

ALSO EVERYONE SHOULD BE HAPPY ABOUT THIS AS MUCH AS I SEE PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT TEITISU ATTACK TILES. I can't wait to steal a threaten tile!!!!
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okay, just so everyone understands the new She-Hulk

Settlement
    Old She-Hulk converted anything randomly and divided evenly with odd tiles favoring the player.

What's different is now she IMPROVES a friendly tile. So if you already have out a Daken tile, it doesn't turn to 191 it improves by 191 so it's the value + 191

Overall--This skill has to be at least 4 without question

Power of Attorney
    You max this, no questions

Furious Charge----

This is a really decent skill now, sure it's random, but if you max it you have a 2/7 chance of hitting a color you need gone and if you don't you have a 1/7 of getting it.

Decision time.

Red=5
    Blue=4

So that means your only options of build are 4 blueflag.png /5 redflag.png /4 greenflag.png or 5 blueflag.png /5 redflag.png /3 greenflag.png .

Here's your decision...Is giving up improving a tile by 68 or 68x2 worth 25% random AP destruction?

If Green was strongest color and second strongest color I would say for sure 4/5/4 possibly 3/5/5 but the randomness vs a certainty makes me lean 5/5/3, and the fact that it's 6AP has me confident I can quickly use it again.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Okay, just so everyone understands the new She-Hulk

Settlement
    Old She-Hulk converted anything randomly and divided evenly with odd tiles favoring the player.

What's different is now she IMPROVES a friendly tile. So if you already have out a Daken tile, it doesn't turn to 191 it improves by 191 so it's the value + 191
    Have you tested it? The way it reads, when it says it improves "friendly" tiles, it seems to be referring to the previously-enemy tiles that got flipped to you, not tiles you already had out. If they intend it to improve tiles you already had, there ought to be language specifying how many get improved. If you assume it only refers to the flipped friendlies, the number is already specified.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think it's really that simple.

At 4 blueflag.png, she does grab 3 tiles instead of 2 with only an additive strength increase at 5. I would agree with the thought that 4 Blue minimum would be standard. Also, it targets enemy tiles only and can end up dead in the water like Daredevil's purple if there are no tile generations on the enemy team.

At 4 redflag.png, you're giving up roughly 15% damage and 3 tiles (basing this off the damage difference between 4 and 5 covers at 40). Considering her tiles don't produce any damage, the loss of 15% on 1644 only drops it down to 1260. On a more damaging move, I could see this percent to be a pretty sizable amount but it doesn't even top 2K in damage. I also understand that some people want faster matches and that missing damage equals 2904 total damage but drops even further the fewer enemies it hits. Considering my experience with Loki Purple, I don't think those 3 extra tiles may actually be that big of a loss overall.

greenflag.png is weird that the only bonuses it gains per cover are for secondary AP drain. As stated previously, hitting more than 1 at 100% can actually be very detrimental in terms of AP denial on high AP abilities when it lands. It basically causes the enemy to build up as if they never had the AP to begin with. With X-Force losing this skill on Black, it may be preferable to go 5 Green depending on team comp. At 6 AP, it can happen pretty often if it's the only green available. She could also replace loki and hood somewhat as a support as well. From my small sampling of tests, I also think they fixed this skill in that it won't hit 0 AP pools anymore like it used to increasing its viability.

I have her at 5/3/5 currently but after the patch, I'm really starting to think that 4/5/4 could also be viable as a PvP support build if you want to actually use her in PvP. Someone else should honestly be doing the damage besides She-Hulk in all situations in my opinion.