**** Wolverine (X-Force) **** [PRE 2015-04]

1585960616264»

Comments

• Since you bought those so recently they really should give you the other 9 covers back too. I'm not saying they will, it wouldn't hurt to ask.
  • Did they announce a new policy for selling characters? I thought it's only for new characters within 30 days and X Force is definitely not new. You'll get 3000 HP back for selling him at level 270 but that's hardly worth it for that alone.
  • They mentioned something for X-Force here:

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27836#p337388
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi,

Yes, we're assisting players who purchased covers for Wolverine (X-Force) within 4 weeks of the changes going live on 4/17. Try out the new X-Force after the changes. If you feel dissatisfied with the updates - contact Customer Support: https://d3publisherofamerica.zendesk.co ... quests/new

After selling X-Force - in addition to the increased in-game buyback - we'll also refund any Hero Points spent in the last 4 weeks on upgrading the character's abilities.

Thanks!
  • I guess I'll try my luck and see if I can convince them to refund the 10K HP I spent on Thor 4*. If you're going to get 10K HP back for selling X Force, that means you'll recover enough HP to work on another character and have about half of the iso 8 needed to max another character. If you've someone else you wanted to play anyway this is not a bad idea, because after this round of balance it seems like the 4*s are meant to be somewhat exchangeable so if you can trade one for another one you prefer to play then this is a good opportunity. If you don't have an immediate use for that HP to work on someone else then I wouldn't do it, and I don't think doing this puts you in a better position but if you weren't a huge a fan of X Force and only brought him because he's way overpowered, you might as well get some of your investment back for someone else you'd like to play. X Force is a fine character even after the nerf but there are plenty of other fine 4* to play with too.
  • Vladdy
    Vladdy Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    I created a ticket and asked them to verify the amount I would get back if I sell him now.
  • Phantron wrote:
    I guess I'll try my luck and see if I can convince them to refund the 10K HP I spent on Thor 4*. If you're going to get 10K HP back for selling X Force, that means you'll recover enough HP to work on another character and have about half of the iso 8 needed to max another character. If you've someone else you wanted to play anyway this is not a bad idea, because after this round of balance it seems like the 4*s are meant to be somewhat exchangeable so if you can trade one for another one you prefer to play then this is a good opportunity. If you don't have an immediate use for that HP to work on someone else then I wouldn't do it, and I don't think doing this puts you in a better position but if you weren't a huge a fan of X Force and only brought him because he's way overpowered, you might as well get some of your investment back for someone else you'd like to play. X Force is a fine character even after the nerf but there are plenty of other fine 4* to play with too.

Unless it was within 30 days of the Thor change I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. GL to you tho.

I agree that if you put HP into XF and now find him mediocre at worst or "balanced" at best it could be a good time to cash in, get the covers you bought back, and take the 6k HP for a 270 XF and invest into another 4* (Professor X anyone?)
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Unless it was within 30 days of the Thor change I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. GL to you tho.

I agree that if you put HP into XF and now find him mediocre at worst or "balanced" at best it could be a good time to cash in, get the covers you bought back, and take the 6k HP for a 270 XF and invest into another 4* (Professor X anyone?)

Turned out the policy isn't even retroactive so it didn't matter anyway.

They really should put the refund policy in somewhere prominent. I'm sure people who benefit from it will appreciate it enough to make up for any potential losses (would only lose money if someone was unaware of policy and then decided to buy more HP on the game anyway after a character is nerfed).

I figure it was not retroactive anyway but since I didn't even know they were changing the policy (X Force is most certainly not a new character like Iron Fist) I figure it was worth a shot. I sold Thor for the same reason because she's at best balanced but I don't like playing her anyway so I might as well get something back that I can use to build someone I like. 3000 HP isn't quite as good as the new 6000 HP + whatever you spent but it's still better than nothing on a character I have no intention of playing.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    I sold mine the second the sale price went life this afternoon, I have no regrets cause of the health buff, I maxed doom and cage when I finally decided to sell 4hor, and maxed Gamora and Kamala Khan with me selling XF. 6k hp isn't bad, not great but it was better than what I got for 4hor(3k). Basically I traded 2 Four stars for 4 Three stars and I don't regret it one bit.
  • Vladdy
    I used him now (after the nerf) for a couple of matches and I faced him as well.

Not too bad on offence but really not impressive any more, not at all.
    Even badder on defence than I estimated (opponent used X-Force and SS and that game was far from over like before).

I don't like his yellow but maybe I should?
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    I earned all but one cover so I sent a ticket asking if i could just have them take that cover away and refund.
  • Vladdy
    After thinking about this a couple of days I decided to keep him.

He is my first maxed 4* and it's Wolverine! and I am usually the "collector" type and I don't want to regret selling him and some more emotional things.

I also decided to not buy 4* covers any time soon.

Thanks for all the feedback peeps. icon_mrgreen.gif