n00b question: Where do Thugs' AP come from?

Options
Unknown
edited January 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Hey, all! First time on the forum, and I've got a question that I think I've figured out to my own satisfaction, but not to that of my lady friend, who has been scratching at this like a cat at a post.

So. Thugs. H.A.M.M.E.R. lieutenants, snipers, etc. Various non-character minions in the missions. Where do their APs come from?

I ask this because previously mentioned GF noticed that, in missions where your heroes are not facing named characters, the thugs don't seem to actually take turns.

When named characters take their turns in the missions, the background of the board turns black momentarily. That never happens with the Thugs, and there doesn't seem to be a swap, but they lay down countdown tiles anyway.

Can the Thugs just lay down any countdown tiles they want? Are the APs for those "generated" by the countdown itself, i.e., a countdown-6 tile is for a 6 AP move, and it basically creates its own AP just sitting there? (This is what I think is happening.) Are Thugs assumed to have an infinite supply of AP for their low-level moves?

Thanks much in advance,
Tom Smith
http://www.tomsmithonline.com

Comments

• They auto generate a set amount of ap each turn without manipulating the board. They have a turn, they just don't move anything.
  • Kewl. Many thanks! Just curious -- is there a Wiki page or anything that lists what thugs generate what AP?
  • I had exactly this problem in the begining icon_redface.gif ... i was even matching greens hoping they wont get the resources, even if it was the lowest damage color.

Needlesly to say, that didnt went to well. They automatically generate ap without doing any moves, and they can use the ap generated by "vilains" when they make moves on the board. You will start meeting pairings like Yelena Belova + 2 Thugs and so on.

I don't know a source to see how much each one generates every turn, but you can just watch how many they get in the first turn...it's starts with each color at 0 icon_e_smile.gif .

Good luck! Hope you get some amazing heroes and have fun.
  • Usually the guy with only one move generates 2 AP of that color. Guys with more than one move usually generate 1 AP of each of their moves' color. Note that thugs can use AP generated by villians and vice versa. Downing the thugs stops their AP generation, which is very important in the combination battles if they share a color with the villian.
  • Stunning a thug will also halt its AP production IIRC. (Which would make sense.)
  • Sorry to bother with anothe noob question. I'm from Argentina, and I'm trying to undestarnd what is AP? I know is something related to the color of the puzzle.

I've storm, with Level 20

flag green 5
    flag red 3
    flag grey 2

I need to raise up the flag red 3, to increase the power 'light of elements' and belows says

at level 4 : Cost 1 AP Less

Can you be kind and explain What I've to do to increase this?

thannk you
    andres
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I apologize that I cannot understand you very well, but I will try to help the best I can.
    AP is the thing that allows you to use special moves. For example: Iron Man 35 uses 10 RED AP to do a move called Repulsor Blast (in English) which does damage. Each character has 2 or 3 abilities. When you make a match on the board, you get 1 AP of a certain color for each tile of that color matched. For example, if you match 3 PURPLE tiles, you will get 3 PURPLE AP.
    That thing that says you must level it up, at 4 costs one AP less? Those are covers, a.k.a the things you use to make your characters' powers stronger. I believe you are talking about Storm's red ability? If so, you need to find a storm cover that has a small RED tab on the side, and says the ability name. From the training screen, click the up arrow next to the power to make it stronger. And that's about all, i think.