Cyclops 2*

ECOcrush
ECOcrush Posts: 86 Match Maker
edited April 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
Don't know if you guys noticed but in the list of characters and their health point changes Cyclops was listed as "Cyclops 3*:

"Cyclops 3* - Old: 7,650 - New: 9,265"

Since they revealed him I knew he would be the next to get a 2* variant treatment. Between him being listed as Cyclops 3* here and his icon showing his classic-style horizontal visor, I think the cats out of the bag. Given that, which version of him do you think will be the 2*.

I'm thinking:
- Astonishing X-men
Cyclopsjc.jpg

- 90s X-men
cyclops-mv2.jpg

- Late 80s X-men
2-Cyclops.jpg

- All New X-men (My favorite but probably won't happen)
ALLNEWXMEN_CVR_018.jpg?1383942951

I suppose there are other options too:
CyclopsCostumes.jpg

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Interesting (different costumes).

Thanks for sharing.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I want to see old school banana spandex, throwback Cyclops!
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think their specificity on that post means that he will necessarily be the next 2*, but he would be an excellent choice regardless. They will probably change his yellow, though -they're pretty careful with 2*s and Mana generation (Oh, hi Magneto! How's it goin'?)

I think I like his 90's costume best. The yellow baldric breaks up the blue without being overmuch like the two with the X's across the chest.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Might want to have a mod move this to the sub forum in characters. The devs have preferred this kind of stuff in there lately for character ideas/speculation.

viewforum.php?f=21
  • probably all new X-men one

But is someone really playing for a 2* character? I won't, not when in a week you will probably max him just by winning pvp matches
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    They released 2* Marvel as a PVE reward first. If they do the same with 2* Cyclops, I certainly won't push hard in the event. I had 2* Marvel covers coming out my ears a month later.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    I think it will be the young Cyclops brought to the current timeline from the past. It fits the recent patterns of tying into recent titles (Cyclops) and having a cute reason to rationalize the 2* as a slightly less powerful version.
  • ECOcrush
    Well,

whether or not we want a 2* Cyclops (or anybody) wasn't the point. We know they're coming.

I guess I'm interested just for the sake of seeing something new every once in a while. If I have to keep opening tokens for covers I don't need, it would be at least be nice to not have to see the same ones over and over. Especially something other than Moonstone and Bagman.
  • ECOcrush
    They released 2* Marvel as a PVE reward first. If they do the same with 2* Cyclops, I certainly won't push hard in the event. I had 2* Marvel covers coming out my ears a month later.

True, but the way I remember it was that she was still at the typical 2* reward range. There was also an existing 3* character offered to the top 100.
  • TheViceroy
    TheViceroy Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Several months ago they strongly hinted that a 2 Star variant of Iron Man was coming called Iron Patriot. At least it seemed like it was going to be 2 Star. This was before their lust of 4 Star releases, and since there already is a 1 and 3 star version of Iron Man, most assumed it would be a 2 star variant.
    You can even see his forum icon here = icon_ironpatriot.png

It happened when they added these icons. They were like "well, we may as well add this one because this character is coming Soon(TM)"

A whole 5+ months later, still no sign of him. So I wouldn't hold my breath for a 2 Star Cyclops, even though it'd be pretty neat.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Several months ago they strongly hinted that a 2 Star variant of Iron Man was coming called Iron Patriot. At least it seemed like it was going to be 2 Star. This was before their lust of 4 Star releases, and since there already is a 1 and 3 star version of Iron Man, most assumed it would be a 2 star variant.
    You can even see his forum icon here = icon_ironpatriot.png

It happened when they added these icons. They were like "well, we may as well add this one because this character is coming Soon(TM)"

A whole 5+ months later, still no sign of him. So I wouldn't hold my breath for a 2 Star Cyclops, even though it'd be pretty neat.

I thought that Iron Patriot was Norman Osborn with his own iron man suit so he wouldn't compete with same star slot as normal iron man. Also Normie would not make much sense as 2 star and he is more likely to be a 4 star if they ever actually release him.
  • ECOcrush
    I thought that Iron Patriot was Norman Osborn with his own iron man suit so he wouldn't compete with same star slot as normal iron man. Also Normie would not make much sense as 2 star and he is more likely to be a 4 star if they ever actually release him.

That's the way I understood it too. It also seemed like it was way more than 5 months ago.
  • I'm hoping 90s X-men so he can go with Wolverine as a nostalgia factor.
  • the original Iron Patriot is Norman Osborn, its the stolen suit from Stark since he controls everything during the Dark Reign period

Iron Man 3 made Iron Patriot a variant of War Machine, and since then the comics also did the same, even releasing a comic featuring Rhodes as Iron Patriot

But the icon probably refers to Norman Osborn, i think someone mentioned that it was an idea but discared later, the icon has been around for a long time proving nothing lol
  • poomermon wrote:

I'm sure they'd make him a 4*, but from what I've read in the Dark Reign comics, he wasn't all that formidable. He went around in a borrowed suit and he didn't really make much use of it.

Iron Patriot truly was a 2*. Green Goblin would be a 3* villain. Norman Osborn in a business suit? Now there's a 4* character.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I imagine they'd use the 90s Cyclops if anything. The other X-men who aren't a higher tier all use that style.
    Other option is they do what they did with Human Torch and casual him up with his fetching brown jacket and pink sweater.

xmen.jpg
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Follow-Me.jpg

I'd be game with Age of Apocalypse, so we can get another Wolverine. "Stumpy".

Xs6ku.jpg