I dislike almost everything about this game right now

Options
chaos01
chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I have had some milestones lately, first two 166 three stars, Merc'd for the first time to get kingpin. However after 350 days I would rather open my clash of clans and watch the counters on my builders go down or collect elixir and gold every three minutes, why here you go:

PVE: used to grind you like a champ. However, ridiculous scaling and near constant grinding have turned what used to be 15 minute clears into 1/2hr or more. This will only get worse when my xforce gets destroyed and HP boosts come in. You are also stale, a new story every 4-6 months in straight trash.

PVP: I used to love you, play a match or two in downtime get to my 700-800 rock a three hour shield. Finish top 100-50 take my cover and run with added ISO. Now every match after seeds is some form of ___/166/166 or ____/270/270. Wow tiny kitty got real fast. Well let's at least get to 300 for a token. Nope. Well F. This will be the first season since I started I will not get my 10-pack.

DDQ: you're still cool.

Here's to top 150 finishes in PVE and top 300 finishes in PVP. have a great day/night. Sorry for the rant.

Cheers,
Chaos

Comments

• Seriously trying to find a reason to stay after 170 days and $500+ wasted.

My roster has been completely neutered in the last few weeks. **** are we doing here.
  • Vinmarc43
    Vinmarc43 Posts: 266
    Options
    Same here, struggling to keep playing. Summer is finally close, maybe it's going to help me bump this game after all. icon_lol.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel the same way.

Yesterday I remembered that I needed to clear the pve again before the subs ended. But I didn't feel like it. So I didn't do it! It was awesome!!

It probably isn't a good sign for this game that I am excited about the refreshing feeling of *not* playing it.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    I feel the same, I barely played this PvE, and when I thought I'd just clear every sub once for the iso ect and I got wiped on a pain in the butt node I just stopped playing mpq and went on not playing and enjoyed the rest of my day. Much the same as with Hulk pvp, which simply wasn't worth the time and effort to play IMO
  • Same here

Completely insane nerfs really make you wonder whats the point. Spend all the time/effort (and possibly money) leveling character(s) just to have the devs nerf them months later. I've dropped from top 5 in this pve to top 20 as I've pretty much stopped playing. I'm hanging in there to confirm whether the proposed xforce nerfs are as bad as I expect. If so I think its time to call it a day. I wonder if anyone has given their feedback to Marvel on this one. As loss of confidence in spending in Marvel mobile apps has the potential to impact more then just Puzzle Quest.
  • Capmarv86
    Capmarv86 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The PVE part of this game may have gotten a bit harder but in turn you can push up the ranks a little easier. On top of that when you are beaten they take less trophies away from you. The changes did make me mad at first but are not as bad as everyone thinks. Just gotta try it out and see what works for you. I am also on day 419 and I have 1000 trophies in PVE at this moment.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    it is called a reevaluation point- they made big changes and you questioned why you are still playing. It's not just the change that you question, it's all the stuff that makes no sense you were doing out of routine. At a reevaluation point they seem stupid and pointless (stuff like staying up late for a last clear, setting up your alarm to play in the middle of the night, fighting the same 5 boring enemies in PVE over and over)
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Capmarv86 wrote:
    I am also on day 419 and I have 1000 trophies in PVE at this moment.
    Trophies?
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The game as some serious problems, and they continue to compound upon themselves. Overall, none of this is sustainable. I mean, look at how the the game conditioned their players on things that are usually good.

First off, this is one of the only games I know where winning feels like losing. Winning a close match, which is usually exciting and very satisfying in other games, feels awful. That's because your team is now unusable, and your ranking suffers. Winning close games should feel good, but the only way to progress in PvP or PvE is to steamroll over people as much as possible. The entire game is based on bullying new players rather than a strategic game between two skilled players.

New characters are the worse thing in this game. Complete reliance on having a full roster to do "special nodes" in event makes the introduction of a new character a terrible experience. A new hero pops in, and every groans at the prospect of another 7 day grind to oblivion. What other game does this? When League of Legends adds a new character, people are excited. When Super Smash Brothers announced Mewtwo and Lucas, people are excited. When MPQ adds a new character, people quit.

PvE is competitive for some reason. A character's power is directly tied to how much you spend (basically no one had a maxed 4Thor unless they spent cash on her before she got nerfed). You have to schedule your time to play a casual bejeweled clone. PvP is a tug of war of win-20/lose-30. Matches are now slower with higher HP and mega-boosted characters. The list just goes on and on and on.