Ultron is a reality. How do you build him?

Options
ronin_san
ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
edited April 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
We're less than a month out from Avengers: Age of Ultron. How you you spec him out? Here's what I see as a possibility.

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Ultimate Ultron. 10700 HPs
Ultron2013.jpg

purpleflag.png PASSIVE. Reparative Circuitry
Ultron-4_(Heroes_Reborn).jpg
Ultron's subroutines are an antibodies of a sort, constantly updating and revising its parameters. When abilities are used against Ultron, his code reacts to protect itself. Place one 3 turn countdown tile. When it goes off, TRUE heal 2000 HPs. Place a strength 300 protect.png tile.

redflag.png Scorched Earth 9 AP
Ultron will expunge the planet of the disease of life. At max level, deal 5000 damage. If an enemy is killed, and a Reparative Circuitry protect.png tile is in play, remove it and generate 2 bluetile.png AP.
ultron-02_612x380_0.jpg?itok=gbvdPQMU

blueflag.png Robotic Hoard 8 AP.
Ultron1235435645676.jpg

Ultron summons clones of himself to see his will done. Place Torch-like attack.png tiles that drain Team-up AP per turn. At max level, place 2. They deal 250 per Team-up, draining one per turn.

ALTERNATE Reparative Circuitry: If destroyed in combat, 3 3 turn countdown tiles are placed. If not destroyed, Ultron heals a portion of his health. All 3 mean he heals back to full.
hyqbceojjrocvknhntiq.png

Comments

• I got the feeling Ultron isn't meant to be a playable character based on the spoiler files, because just his passive alone seems way overpowered.
  • ronin_san
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I got the feeling Ultron isn't meant to be a playable character based on the spoiler files, because just his passive alone seems way overpowered.

It's 3 turns. Maybe 4?
  • ronin-san wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    I got the feeling Ultron isn't meant to be a playable character based on the spoiler files, because just his passive alone seems way overpowered.

It's 3 turns. Maybe 4?

Unless these are the new updated stats, I'm based on what the spoilers say, and I'm just saying the spoiler seems to suggest a power level that is unplayable by players. He sounded way more powerful than Devil Dino (NPC version) or Gorgon from the spoilers, so I think his abilities are meant to be on a much higher budget compared to anyone else if you want to design him.
  • ronin_san
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    ronin-san wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

It's 3 turns. Maybe 4?

Unless these are the new updated stats, I'm based on what the spoilers say, and I'm just saying the spoiler seems to suggest a power level that is unplayable by players. He sounded way more powerful than Devil Dino (NPC version) or Gorgon from the spoilers, so I think his abilities are meant to be on a much higher budget compared to anyone else if you want to design him.

I understand what you're saying, and I understand he's an event-sort of enemy eg Gorgon instead of a usable player. I just supposed some abilities because I like character creation discussions.
  • I'd wager

Yellow - Protect Tile Generating Power
    Blue - Clone Attack
    Red - Energy Blast

Those just logically make the most sense.
    Truthfully, yellow should function exactly like Luke Cage's...each turn drop it. Since that's used, I'd go with something actually closer to Deadpool. Everytime he takes 'X' mount of dmg, he places a countdown tile of x-turns that when activated places a large protect tile and 1 more CD tiles with a 2 turn count. Everytime it activates, it does true healing and drops another CD tile to do the same thing.

Blue would be board shake up plus dmg - destroying the weakest color of the other team, doing x-dmg for each tile

Red would just be flat out damage, maybe punching two 'holes' in the board like they were shot form his eyes.
    - Unreall
  • spawn2012
    spawn2012 Posts: 44
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    ALTERNATE Reparative Circuitry: If destroyed in combat, 3 3 turn countdown tiles are placed. If not destroyed, Ultron heals a portion of his health. All 3 mean he heals back to full.

AWSOME IDEA, loving it;]
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a feeling Ultron is going to be a Gorgon type, fight only, never use.