** Ares (Dark Avengers) **

Comments

• A few weeks ago I didn't like him much. But then I got him a few times over winning cards and trying getting good ones over using 500 ISO, and now he has got Level 4 at green, Level 2 at red and Level 1 at yellow skill, and I love it.

His strength is that I can collect the green tiles and he uses them in a sum, so I can calculate to kick a strong enemy out of the current round.

Ares is now one of my inner circle team, don't think that I will purchase him anymore. icon_cool.gif

Good luck everyone icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Roswulf
    Roswulf Posts: 87
    ShionSinX wrote:
    OP needs to be updated, and we need a pool (or not, Im pretty sure most people uses wither 445 or 355).

What's the argument for 3/5/5?

I've found that Ares Green is the single most powerful and reliable damage power in 2* land, I can't imagine gimping it to improve his more expensive Red power exclusively when his health is between 25% and 30%.
  • Maybe he meant 5/5/3 or 5/3/5? According to the wikia http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... vengers%29 those are the more popular builds after 445
  • Roswulf wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    OP needs to be updated, and we need a pool (or not, Im pretty sure most people uses wither 445 or 355).

I've found that Ares Green is the single most powerful and reliable damage power in 2* land, I can't imagine gimping it to improve his more expensive Red power exclusively when his health is between 25% and 30%.
    There isn't any. Ares has one build, 445, everything else is a bad call.
  • this is easily the easiest build!

everything NOT 445 is plain wrong.

now one could argue about bad design if 445 is the only solution. may it be as it is, right now, ares (which i love the most in my rooster and i have fully maxed hood) has this one build and it will make u kick **** and me wanting to skip u everytime i see him
  • When the capricious marginally skilled people in charge get around to it go ahead and nerf this pariah instead of other nerfs to cover your poor designs.
  • ark123 wrote:
    Roswulf wrote:
    ShionSinX wrote:
    There isn't any. Ares has one build, 445, everything else is a bad call.
    I use 445, but looking at other people's rosters Ive seen quite a lot of 355. No idea why, but they are there.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    One of my alliance buddies has a 5/3/5 Ares. He says he never uses Rampage anyway so it's irrelevant, and apparently he does find the ability to fire Onslaught with 5 green more useful.
  • I've used 5/3/5 since forever, I find that the increased utility comes in handy... sucks when sitting at 5 green and unable to finish an enemy off. Most of the time I pair him with Blade anyways so his red is only used very sparingly. If I didn't pair him with Blade so much, 4/4/5 would be good too.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    I've been seeing more and more 535 builds, especially running with Kamala.
    The red AOE is great, i mean 30 redtile.png and it'S abut 2.5k to everyone which was great in the Ultron Sentry nodes. The extra damage at 25% has also saved my bacon, but spamming Onslaught and getting healed has been an annoyance to face in PvP so i' interested in trying it out.
  • The KK Onslaught Spam argument aside, there is no reason to run 5 greenflag.png . You can't kill anyone with 5 green AP. Onslaught is used with 10 or more AP more frequently than not, making the 5th cover entirely irrelevant. Even if you were spamming it for some reason, all that does is give away green AP and that's bad. And redflag.png is too good to ignore and leave at 3. 4/4/5 is the only Ares build.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Hmmm, and all this time I've been playin 5/3/5. Guess I'll respec. Thanks folks.
  • It's not firing bonus damage when he is under 30%. I've reported this like 3 times now. Fix it or change the description of the ability.
  • If you are certain there is no arithmetic mistake involved, can you take some screenshots for evidence? My Ares only has level 4 Rampage, but he just won me a battle with his double damage Rampage, so the 25% threshold appears to be working fine.
  • getterwing
    getterwing Posts: 52
    I used Ares a lot recently and didn't have this problem.
  • I was curious if something changed very recently with Ares? He doesn't seem to be doing his normal damage. I could be wrong but I would like to know if this is the case or not.
  • dfields3710
    dfields3710 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    I don't think so....when he's boosted at 150 and maxed he does 360 every 1 ap. Underleveled he should be doing his regular damage.
    Boosted and maxed rampage does 1667 and underleveled he does his regular 866 or 600 if he's at 3 covers.
    His boosted and maxed yellow does 3540 and returns 1000. Underleveled he does regular 2240 and returns 745.
    Hopes this answer your question.
  • madsalad wrote:
    Hmmm, and all this time I've been playin 5/3/5. Guess I'll respec. Thanks folks.

Yellow HAS to be 5. Red...not so much. Green...maybe. You do get a little extra speed if you have 5 in green...sometimes. And sometimes you need that 1000 damage for 5 green AP, so...well, not all that bad. Getting extra damage from red almost never happens, so 535 is almost as good as 445. It's so easy getting his covers, so I might actually test 535 instead.
  • Can I substitute Daken with Storm, Hawkeye, or Magneto in a OBW+Ares combo?

I already have Thormneto and don't want to sink in too much roster space for 2 stars.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Breezy wrote:
    Can I substitute Daken with Storm, Hawkeye, or Magneto in a OBW+Ares combo?

I already have Thormneto and don't want to sink in too much roster space for 2 stars.

Daken strike tiles let you double dip on Espionage for blue + purple and he tanks black. Besides Daken, Torch or Marvel make the best substitutions (giving you an active black). Hawkeye gives you the match 5 passive and Magneto has a slightly better red but those 3 have too much color overlap.

If you really want to use Hawkeye, sub out Ares for Thor as you have a better chance of making match 5's with him.