Utterly stupid scaling = walking away

Options
Just woken up to have another go at the new Prodigal Son event. To find everything bar one match has scaled beyond belief. I barely got through the first wave yesterday, and lost of some of the matches completely, including one where I tried three times and lost each time, that was at a punisher/boss level of 250.

Today? That same match has now scaled to level 315. So is it likely I can beat them now? Absolutely not. This has gone out of control, and has ruined this PvE event. I played it before with a lesser roster and it was quite fun. Now that I am well into the 3* star transition, it is unplayable. Why did I bother?

Can anyone from D3 comment on how they are going to improve this awful situation, as this is no longer fun. I am quitting this event, and if it happens much more, quitting the game.

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Twombley wrote:
    Just woken up to have another go at the new Prodigal Son event. To find everything bar one match has scaled beyond belief. I barely got through the first wave yesterday, and lost of some of the matches completely, including one where I tried three times and lost each time, that was at a punisher/boss level of 250.

Today? That same match has now scaled to level 315. So is it likely I can beat them now? Absolutely not. This has gone out of control, and has ruined this PvE event. I played it before with a lesser roster and it was quite fun. Now that I am well into the 3* star transition, it is unplayable. Why did I bother?

Can anyone from D3 comment on how they are going to improve this awful situation, as this is no longer fun. I am quitting this event, and if it happens much more, quitting the game.

This set of nodes is fairly tame, Hell's Kitchen is a nightmare. Goons feeding red to 2* Wolverine and green to 3* torch.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,036 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Twombley wrote:

mine went from 85 when it first started to 165 in 2 hours and now over 300.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    Twombley wrote:

Same here. I don't understand why they needed to adjust the PVP MMR over the Scaling issue that is in PVE. icon_evil.gif
  • dkffiv wrote:
    Twombley wrote:

This set of nodes is fairly tame, Hell's Kitchen is a nightmare. Goons feeding red to 2* Wolverine and green to 3* torch.

Wolverine doesn't show up under Thunderbolt Mountains. You've Daredevil with a red feed, which isn't too bad though thanks to their levels it's dangerous enough because Daredevil lives for a long time at level 350 to get Ambush going, though I'm not sure if it's even worse than the Analyst just spamming unskilled pistols instead. Torch is the only notable bad feed in this event. GSBW + green is kind of bad but she's on the easy bracket and generally never higher than level 150.
  • Assuming there is any thought process in this let alone any skill or vision is a real longshot.

Take this particularly garbagesque weekend in the game as an opportunity to explore and work on other games so you can transition to a game or company worth supporting like i am.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    Twombley wrote:

What team did you use to beat the level 85 goons?