*** She-Hulk (Modern) ***

Comments

• Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    raisinbman wrote:
    She Hulk just got a buff. Anyone else excited?

No.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    raisinbman wrote:
    I am. And thinking of changing the best build vote from 5/3/5 to 4/4/5. Guess it depends on whether it drains non zero AP colors when possible.
  • Kolence wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    I am. And thinking of changing the best build vote from 5/3/5 to 4/4/5. Guess it depends on whether it drains non zero AP colors when possible.

Her new green seems really good. But part of me is excited because I've had her sitting at level 45 12 covers for MONTHS.
  • I'm really interested in finding out how she works. The ability to suppress the enemy with six AP bursts is intriguing. Team her with Xavier and Kamala, and that becomes quite an interesting skill. Not that that is the best team, but it is an interesting example.
  • Mikaveus
    Mikaveus Posts: 202
    Kolence wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

If so, this can be a debilitating defense (attorney) when green is maxed. The cost is so cheap too.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    Glad they finally did something about her green. It's usable now, which is more than I could say for it before. Only targeting enemy special tiles with her blue means she plays nice in a much wider range of teams, but losing the ability to handle enemy countdowns is very disappointing. Makes my overall feeling about the changes pretty meh.
  • I'm glad she's a more solid unit now, I like her animations and screams lol, I just wished they buffed her red abit too. Like include the DMG from tiles destroyed, but can't win them all I guess xD
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    losing the ability to handle enemy countdowns is very disappointing. Makes my overall feeling about the changes pretty meh.
    I totally agree. I used She-Hulk all the time in PVE for goon + enemy nodes because her blue was great at dealing with the occasional CD tile that I couldn't reach otherwise. Even though her green got a big boost I'll probably use her less after the change because her blue took a big hit.
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    bluetile.png Settlement - Cost: 9 Blue AP - NEW
    She-Hulk flexes her legal muscle, striking a deal to balance the scales of justice. Randomly selects up to 2 enemy Protect, Strike, or Attack tiles and redistributes them between both teams. Friendly tiles are improved by 27.

Does this simply mean that she steals 1 enemy tile and improves it? What does "redistribution" do for enemy tiles?

I also use She-Hulk's current bluetile.png mainly for removing countdown tiles. The resulting strike tiles are just a small bonus that I expect to get destroyed once I use her redtile.png. So it matters very little to me how much she can improve them.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    It means what it sounds like. It takes 3 special tiles at random, possibly changing their team randomly so there's two friendly and one enemy, and increases the friendly ones by a decent amount (191, I guess).

So say you're fighting LDaken and he's got some strikes out. now, he's got 2 fewer strikes and you have two Str 250 ones.

Or CMags pops Coercive Field. Settlement and now you have 2 str 250 defense tiles.

Weaker scenarios include stealing the enemy team's single Exquisite Technique tile (it'll just come back again, but hey, attack tile.), or turning your own cheap, weak tiles into 2 strong friendly, 1 weak enemy. But it'll be best when used against heavy hitters/protectors. Black Panther's Battleplan? Thanks, dude. Summon Demons? OK, after I've taken some out, let me take two of the last three and turn them back, stronger. New Invisible Woman makes 736 worth of Protect tiles? Settlement, and now she has 368 and you have 750. Haw-Haw.
  • ErikPeter wrote:
    It means what it sounds like. It takes 3 special tiles at random, possibly changing their team randomly so there's two friendly and one enemy, and increases the friendly ones by a decent amount (191, I guess).

So say you're fighting LDaken and he's got some strikes out. now, he's got 2 fewer strikes and you have two Str 250 ones.

Or CMags pops Coercive Field. Settlement and now you have 2 str 250 defense tiles.

Weaker scenarios include stealing the enemy team's single Exquisite Technique tile (it'll just come back again, but hey, attack tile.), or turning your own cheap, weak tiles into 2 strong friendly, 1 weak enemy. But it'll be best when used against heavy hitters/protectors. Black Panther's Battleplan? Thanks, dude. Summon Demons? OK, after I've taken some out, let me take two of the last three and turn them back, stronger. New Invisible Woman makes 736 worth of Protect tiles? Settlement, and now she has 368 and you have 750. Haw-Haw.

I hope it works like this, I'd really like to finally put some iso into her
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Oh wow, I didn't notice that it only affects enemy tiles in the description. It makes it a little less usable (doesn't do anything against XF/GT), since it doesn't target your own tiles, but that just means it WILL neutralize enemy tiles instead of say, turning your own Exquisite Technique against you. Probably more than worth it. DD's Radar Sense is great, even if it is sometimes unusable. (Then, I just use Escape Plan..)
  • ErikPeter wrote:
    Oh wow, I didn't notice that it only affects enemy tiles in the description. It makes it a little less usable (doesn't do anything against XF/GT), since it doesn't target your own tiles, but that just means it WILL neutralize enemy tiles instead of say, turning your own Exquisite Technique against you. Probably more than worth it. DD's Radar Sense is great, even if it is sometimes unusable. (Then, I just use Escape Plan..)

Gives compatibility with Patch, at least
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    I already like She-Hulk even though two of her skills are meh so I'm really excited for this buff.

I usually run with Patch + She-Hulk + Daredevil so now we can do something like

Berseker Rage -> Settlement (steal enemy strike tiles & improve them) -> Radar Sense (deal higher damage + get rid of enemy's strike tiles)

You don't even have to max Radar Sense to 5 in this case since Settlement should help reduce the number of enemy strike tiles already. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    ErikPeter wrote:

Yep, that was the part that confused me. Since it only affects enemy tiles, it sounds like it selects 3 enemy tiles and steals 2 for you. But then why not just say it steals 2, unless something happens to the 3rd enemy tile?

She-Hulk was fun in the PVPs for Luke Cage and Iron Fist. Neither has an active red or blue, so a good colour combo there. But it was also great that every turn you are guaranteed at least two special tiles (including your own) to use her bluetile.png on. It gave Elektra something to steal if none of the opponents created strike tiles. Now I guess we would use She-Hulk instead of Elektra, rather than together.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Infrared wrote:
    Yep, that was the part that confused me. Since it only affects enemy tiles, it sounds like it selects 3 enemy tiles and steals 2 for you. But then why not just say it steals 2, unless something happens to the 3rd enemy tile?
    That's true. I guess it's just how they word their flavor text, although improving friendly special tiles and weaken selected enemy special tile would be interesting. We don't have a character that can weaken enemy special tiles yet.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Infrared wrote:
    ErikPeter wrote:

She-Hulk was fun in the PVPs for Luke Cage and Iron Fist. Neither has an active red or blue, so a good colour combo there. But it was also great that every turn you are guaranteed at least two special tiles (including your own) to use her bluetile.png on. It gave Elektra something to steal if none of the opponents created strike tiles. Now I guess we would use She-Hulk instead of Elektra, rather than together.
    It matters if there are precisely 2 tiles to steal. In that case, the current wording prevents her from stealing both.
    I agree that not being able to target countdowns is a bummer, but overall I think she is more usable. And I have actually used her from time to time as Blue-Green-Red is a unique color combination. She makes a great meatshield for a boosted Hood since she is one of the few who is strongest in Blue.
    Not sure what the best build is now. I'm leaning towards 3/5/5 since Blue is more niche than green or red.
  • BTW I hope her new ability works like Loki's - loki never steals "0" AP
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought about switching She-Hulk, but the more I think about it, if they had say 6 AP across the board, you destroy 6 of one and then 50% of a 2nd, vs 75% or 100%, I think I'll take blue at 5 , against Goon's well then green at 100% may make more sense, but the fact that it is 6 means you can use it quickly again, this gal just become a top notch defender.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    BTW I hope her new ability works like Loki's - loki never steals "0" AP

It does. When I tested her in the prologue she always took pink/green which were the only 2 colors the goons generated.