Newbie doubts

Unknown
edited January 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Hi there.
I have some questions about the game. Please, cast a light for me:

1. In a tournament which characters of mine are chosen to defend me from attacks? Those with more life? Those with more levels? Which ones?

2. I saw posts talking about retaliation. I never saw a button to retaliate someone. How this work? There's some kind of disadvantage or reward doing this?

3. I'm playing a tournament right now. When I win a fight I gain about 20 points. When I got defeated, I lost about 40. What's the rule here?

4. After some days I realized that my chars has a 13 or 10 max possible levels. There's a way that I can use to rearrange the levels already used?

Thank you.

Comments

• Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    1. Whichever team you last used in PvP will be the team that opponents see when they get matched with you.
    2. You'll get a pop-up screen telling you that you've been attacked, and when you return to the PvP screen, you'll see some PvP fight icons that have turned red -- these red icons represent the people who attacked you.
    4. Unfortunately, no, though if you've just started, I don't think there's much chance to totally cripple a character beyond all use.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    1. Whichever team you last used in PvP will be the team that opponents see when they get matched with you.
    2. You'll get a pop-up screen telling you that you've been attacked, and when you return to the PvP screen, you'll see some PvP fight icons that have turned red -- these red icons represent the people who attacked you.
    4. Unfortunately, no, though if you've just started, I don't think there's much chance to totally cripple a character beyond all use.
    To elaborate on those:
    1. This is per event. So you can have one team defending in Rage and Ruin and another different team defending in SHIELD Training.
    2. Pretty much this.
    3. It's based on the difference in your current rating compared to your opponent. If you have even ratings the match will be worth 25 points. If you have more than them, they'll be worth less points for you. If you have less than them, they'll be worth more.
    4. There's currently no way to respec characters at 13/13 ability points. As pointed out, most characters aren't hopelessly mutilated if you toss 2 points somewhere that's not optimal with possible exceptions for abilities that have tradeoffs with level ups.
  • Hmm...
    The last team is used.

Thank you guys.
  • IceIX wrote:
    To elaborate on those:y
    1. This is per event. So you can have one team defending in Rage and Ruin and another different team defending in SHIELD Training.

Ice, this is not true.
    I used another team to play a prologue mission and guess what? I was defeated by a far weak player and when I enter the tournament to retaliate, the team was the one that I used on prologue.
    No cool.

This mean that I can't play other missions until the tournament ends.
  • IceIX
    Yoshimit wrote:
    Ice, this is not true.
    I used another team to play a prologue mission and guess what? I was defeated by a far weak player and when I enter the tournament to retaliate, the team was the one that I used on prologue.
    No cool.

This mean that I can't play other missions until the tournament ends.
    The last team you selected in any other mission is the one that is used for the initial selection for any other area, yes. The team set to defense is *not* necessarily the same as that.

Example:
    SHIELD Training - I fight with Wolverine, Invisible Woman, Storm. That's my defense team in there until I have another fight.
    Rage and Ruin - I fight with Spider-Man, Ares, and Juggernaut. My defense team is set here as well to this team. My team in SHIELD Training however is still Wolverine, IW, and Storm.
    I go to Prologue and start a battle with Venom, Juggernaut, and Daken. My defense team in the other two areas does not change.
    I go to SHIELD Training and start another battle. My initial selection is Venom, Juggernaut, and Daken, since I used them last and it's assumed you want to keep using the same team. Until I complete a battle in this mode however, the actual in-use defense team is still as above.
  • Ok, Ice. Noted.
    Thank you again.
  • Why can't you just make an option so you can set your own defense team?
  • IceIX
    Davometer wrote:
    Why can't you just make an option so you can set your own defense team?
    It's always possible in the future. At the moment the concept runs that you have to decide what team you want to run offensively knowing that the same team is going to be playing defense. So choosing a good offensive team that isn't horrible on defense is part of the trick to keeping placement.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    IceIX wrote:
    Davometer wrote:
    It's always possible in the future. At the moment the concept runs that you have to decide what team you want to run offensively knowing that the same team is going to be playing defense. So choosing a good offensive team that isn't horrible on defense is part of the trick to keeping placement.

I'd be pretty sad if there comes a day where we choose our defensive team. A fairly significant degree of strategy would get absolutely wiped out and the reign of seeing the most annoying animations will begin.
  • Nemek wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Davometer wrote:

I'd be pretty sad if there comes a day where we choose our defensive team. A fairly significant degree of strategy would get absolutely wiped out and the reign of seeing the most annoying animations will begin.

Agreed. And let's say we can set it and it is determined by the player base that characters x, y and z make up the best defensive team... think about the complaints we already get about only seeing Wolviethor, Spideymags or whoever will be the most popular after future rebalancing.