Who is who for purposes of boosts?

Options
Unknown
edited January 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
It occurred to me that, as much as I read the comics (a little bit in the 1990s), I don't know offhand who is who for purposes of boosts. And I don't see them listed anywhere on this forum (even in the character compendiums!) or in game. My guesses:

Avenger: Iron Man (both), Hawkeye (both), Black Widow (two non-classics only), Captain America, Spiderman (classic only), Thor, Wolverine (2-star only), Hulk
Brotherhood: Magneto (classic only)
Dark Avenger: Moonstone, Ragnarok, Venom, Daken, Yelena, Bullseye, Ares
H.A.M.M.E.R.: all military non-heroes
Maggia: all mobster non-heroes
Mutant: Storm (both), Wolverine (all), Daken, Magneto (both)
X-men: Storm (both), Wolverine (2*,4*,Patch?), Magneto (Marvel Now)(2)
Doombot: Doctor Doom
none of the above: Bagman, Invisible Woman, Loki, Punisher, The Hood(3), Juggernaut(1)

Did I miss any?
Which did I get wrong? (quite a few, I'd imagine)
(Could someone update the character guides once they're right?)

(1) FantasticWolle reports Juggernaut was not being affected by Brotherhood boosts. (I think I confused him with Sabertooth...)
(2) I believe "X-Man" is only mutants studying / operating under Charles Xavier (or his successor, if I'm behind on the story). Classic (red) Magneto was Brotherhood only; Marvel NOW Magneto is the X-Man.
(3) Toxicadam says The Hood "played a part in" Osborn's organization. That could make him H.A.M.M.E.R., Dark Avenger, or "independent contractor" (nothing)...

Comments

• - The Hood should just be a plain villain, like Loki. He's not Dark Avenger.
    - Assuming this game adheres to the actual comics, Spider-Man can be considered an Avenger.
    - I don't think Yelena can be considered Maggia.
    - I haven't kept up with recent X-Men storylines, but I don't THINK Daken can be considered an X-Man.

Otherwise, looks good!
  • At the very least **Wolvie is an avenger too. And I would consider both of them X-Men.

Classic Mags should be considered an X-Man as well. I'm not up to date with Marvel Now
  • It's always been inexplicable to me why they can't take the ready-made icons they have already and put them in the corners of the portraits to let the novice player know.

I could do each one in photoshop in a few minutes time. It can't be a time issue.

Hell, there is so much deadspace in the 'buttons' of the boosts on the boost sub-screen, they could list all the affected characters in text at the bottom of each one.
    - The Hood should just be a plain villain, like Loki. He's not Dark Avenger

According to Wiki, The Hood played a part in Norman Osbourne's organization in the storyline. I'm guessing that's why they included him in this game. He seemed to act like a minion, even though he is thought of as a boss.
  • Mehhh wrote:
    It occurred to me that, as much as I read the comics (a little bit in the 1990s), I don't know offhand who is who for purposes of boosts. And I don't see them listed anywhere on this forum (even in the character compendiums!) or in game. My guesses:

Avenger: Iron Man (both), Hawkeye (both?), Black Widow (all three?), Captain America, Thor
    Brotherhood: Magneto (both?), Juggernaut(?)
    Dark Avenger: Moonstone, Ragnarok, Venom, Doctor Doom, Yelena(?), The Hood, Bullseye
    H.A.M.M.E.R.: all military non-heroes(?), Daken(?), Ragnarok(?)
    Maggia: all Maggia non-heroes (ofc), Yelena(?)
    Mutant: Storm (both), Wolverine (both), Daken, Magneto (both)
    X-men: Storm (both), Wolverine (2-star only?), Daken
    none of the above: Spiderman (both?), Invisible Woman, Loki, Punisher

Did I miss any?
    Which did I get wrong? (quite a few, I'd imagine)
    (Could someone update the character guides once they're right?)

In this game, Avengers are both Iron Man versions, both Hawkeyes, Cap, Thor, Astonishing Wolvie (only), Classic Spidey (only), and I believe all versions of Widow. Presumably whatever version of Hulk gets added will also count. I figure the most likely version they'll add first is the plain old green (Incredible) version.

Brotherhood should just be Juggy and Classic Magneto, but not 100% sure.

HAMMER is only the soldier goons. No heroes/villains.

Maggia is only the mobster goons. No heroes/villains.

Mutants, yes, that should be all Storms, Wolvies, Magnetos, and Dakens.

X-Men should be all Wolvies, all Storms, and I believe Marvel Now Magneto. Daken I don't believe is part of X-Men. In the comics, he was part of Dark Avengers and Dark X-Men (according to Wikipedia), but I don't think he ever hung out at the mansion with Charles.

Dark Avengers should be Daken, Dark Widow/Yelena, Bullseye, Venom, Ragnarok.

Presumably Doombots only includes Doom for the time being.

I figure the next boost classes to be added to the game, if any, will be Dark X-Men (as part of the Dark Reign storyline) or Fantastic Four (for Invisible Woman...though you could probably make an argument for Bag-Man too icon_e_wink.gif )
  • I'm pretty sure Original Widow isn't an Avenger.
  • F4 would be a nice boost as they add more characters as

Invisable woman
    Mr fantastic
    Human torch
    Thing
    She-hulk
    She-thing
    Luke cage
    Antman 2
    Medusa
    Crystal
    Spider-Man
    Hulk
    Wolverine
    Ghostrider
    Franklin Richards
    H.e.r.b.i.e.

Have all been actual members then if you add future foundation lol
  • someguy wrote:

X-Men should be all Wolvies, all Storms, and I believe Marvel Now Magneto.

Does that mean that both boosts stack for both Storms? Has anyone observed the numbers?
  • ImOrzotiel wrote:
    someguy wrote:

X-Men should be all Wolvies, all Storms, and I believe Marvel Now Magneto.

Does that mean that both boosts stack for both Storms? Has anyone observed the numbers?

We did some testing a while ago, the boosts stack with 20%+20%= 40%. Some characters like 2** wolverine you can attack with three boosts (avenger, X-Men, Mutants)
  • Ronfar
    Ronfar Posts: 150
    Options
    I tried out the Doombot bonus on a villain lightning round. I did no extra damage to Dr. Doom. Apparently he's the real thing and doesn't count? Maybe we'll be fighting Doombots as minions in a future event.
  • Ronfar wrote:
    I tried out the Doombot bonus on a villain lightning round. I did no extra damage to Dr. Doom. Apparently he's the real thing and doesn't count? Maybe we'll be fighting Doombots as minions in a future event.

That was my initial assumption
  • There are Doombots on the left hand side of the HAMMER missions. That's currently the only place they are in the game.

Given that the storyline around that is about the Fantastic Four being somewhere else when Doom attacks, maybe Bag Woman being a playable character indicates that a future PvE event will be around that instead of Osborn? Maybe someone who's actually read the comics has some insight.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    There are Doombots on the left hand side of the HAMMER missions. That's currently the only place they are in the game.

Given that the storyline around that is about the Fantastic Four being somewhere else when Doom attacks, maybe Bag Woman being a playable character indicates that a future PvE event will be around that instead of Osborn? Maybe someone who's actually read the comics has some insight.

So those hundreds of doom bot tokens have been for lvl 2-3 brawlers....
  • The brotherhood boost doesn't work on Juggy...at least at the time I was testing it.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Zathrus wrote:
    There are Doombots on the left hand side of the HAMMER missions. That's currently the only place they are in the game.

Bag man and bag woman boosted event? icon_lol.gif
  • Updated the original post as best I could given everyone's input. Thanks all. Keep correcting / confirming if you think you need.
  • Mehhh wrote:
    none of the above: Spiderman (both?), Invisible Woman, Loki, Punisher, The Hood(3)

Classic Spider-Man (written like this icon_e_wink.gif ) is affected by the Avengers boost as stated above by yourself.
  • Fixed Spidey, Juggernaut, and added Hulk, Ares and Patch.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ares was a mighty avenger before he became a dark avenger.
    Juggernaut was an x-man in the '00s

I don't know if the boosts affect them but the comics suggest they should
  • Daken is also potentially a member of the Brotherhood (since I believe he reformed it at one point), as is Juggernaut (I think someone pointed this one out).

As for original Black Widow possibly a future planned SHIELD token (Modern Cap could fit in here if this were the case)? And a future FF token for Bagman and the Invisible Woman? Maybe speculative listings are in order?
  • If anyone said Juggernaut was in the BHood, it was likely me, and a mistake. Regardless of my memory of him from the comics, he certainly doesn't count for purposes of boosts - I tested it a couple days ago.

Ideally, I should test this for all characters rather than reference the comics, but (1) I can't necessarily get to all of them (namely the 3* and 4*s), and (2) I'd have to retest every time D3 puts out a new patch.

Ideally-ideally, D3 should display their affiliations in game... icon_e_confused.gif