New Ability Changes

Options
Leugenesmiff
Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
With the upcoming adjustments (probably to weaken) to Thor, Spider-Man, and Wolverine whom I know a lot of players have sunk a lot of time and/or money into I really think whenever a character gets changed players should get a one time chance to get the accumulated ISO-8 that they've used to level up that character back to use as they see fit. The time it takes to level up these character is enormous and to be left with a character you would not have chosen to level up after an ability change just isn't right. I don't spend money buying ISO-8 but I'd imagine those that do and are in the same situation would feel even worse about this. Hopefully this is something the devs will consider.

Comments

• This is the same as a MMO player saying his class was nerfed, so he should get to apply the XP from that character to a character of a different class instead. Not gonna happen.
  • Ehhnn, more like a class you paid to play as and invested worth and rewards into making useable, only to see it completely overhauled. Apples and oranges.
  • MMO characters get investment and rewards allocated to them as well, that cannot be recouped. Talk to any high end raider who has been hit hard with the nerf hammer. There goes all those Bound items.

The paying aspect is dubious. Not many people are paying for Wolverine or Thor, given how much they've been given out. And in any case, money in this game is a direct substitution for time. You are paying to get what you want now, instead of waiting to earn it for free.

All in all, it really is the same thing. You invested your time/resources (money or otherwise) into this video game thing, it gets changed, and you want compensation. But I can tell you, it's not going to happen, outside a few rare edge cases, especially when they are now giving players notice of who's up for modification.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't care about the compensation, but if they change a character you should allow the user to redistrbute the lvls. You spend time and resources to make a champ one way, it's changed and now you want him the other way but you are locked in. They owe it to all of there users to allow this feature.
  • Respeccing of powers/covers I fully agree, and they appear to be working on it.