Villains!

Options
The ratio of hero characters to villains in this game is 47:16. I'm being generous with those numbers: I didn't put Deadpool in either column and I counted Ares and Sentry as villains even though I think they were Avengers before they were Dark Avengers. Anyway, that's roughly 3:1, which is enough to disappoint those of us who play this game (like me) who would like to play with villains more often.

However, those numbers don't give you an accurate view of how stacked the deck is against playable villains. At 1* the ratio is 4:3. At 2* it's 10:4. At 3* it's 25:9 (26:9 after KK) with a remainder of Deadpool. At 4* it's a ridiculous 8:0.

This is kind of a travesty. I appreciate that most players probably prefer heroes, but there are a lot of iconic villains that deserve a place in this game. I assume we'll get Ultron in May, and I also assume he'll somehow beat Iron Patriot to the position of first 4* villain. (We need Iron Patriot. Seriously. Norman Osborne is the principal villain of this game's first story arc, and we deserve closure. If the players can tell apart all of the Ms. Marvels in the game, they can handle a second guy in an iron man suit.). That still leaves a lot of big bad guys out in the cold. While I appreciate that currently popular characters like Kamala Khan and Squirrel Girl make for good tie-ins, they lack the history and cache of characters like the Mandarin or Red Skull. And Venom and Juggernaut really need big boy versions. And we need Carnage. And Apocalypse. And Thanos, of course, and probably one of Hulk's villains even if some of them are lame.

Come on, guys. Give us some evil to play around with!

Comments

• ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't even need the big named villains, man. But a lot of the characters that show up in-game are based on comic, movie, TV / Netflix series releases. They coincide with something.

But I agree that we need bigger villains. I like the idea of seeing
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png Klaw
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Ultron
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png Scarlet Witch
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png Quicksilver
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Kingpin
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Doom
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png Mole Man.

And given the upcoming TV or Movie releases, these baddies are real possibilities.

So. I say rest assured. All of those baddies will get screen time before the end of the year. And that means we have a real possibility of seeing them in-game.
  • Yes! Give us Villains, please. I need Pyro, Task Master, the Enchantress, Sabertooth and where the hell are the Sentinels? I'll take ANY of them you want, though the Mark III is my favorite icon_e_smile.gif
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm still wondering if Gorgon will ever be playable.
  • Hard to believe that Sabertooth ain't even in the game. Then again it would make to much sense.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gorgon is likely to be revamped prior to being released, as he's a bit broken. Is it a six turn stun if it pops? That's nuts. Also, his redflag.png is underpowered. Consider She-Hulk's Red. She attacks all and removes the equivalent AP for one AP less.

Here. For review:

Debilitating Slash redtile.png 10 AP

Gorgon mercilessly slashes at his enemy's weak point, disabling them. Deal 2820 to the target and destroy 5Ap from a random color.

Gorgon's Gaze purpletile.png 8AP

Gorgon lowers his glasses and turns his petrifying gace on his foes. Place a 3-turn Countdown tile that stuns the target for 6 turns

Awaken The Hand blacktile.png 10AP

Gorgon Laugh maniacally as the battlefield fill with Hand ninja. Create 3 3-turn Red Countdown tiles that deal 566 damage for each non-Downed ally. If matched
    creates a strength 273 attack tile.

His black is nice. But he needs more than 2 countdown abilities. The Awaken The Hand should be an instant that, if it lasts 3 turns, pops another Hand tile. They're a mob of ninjas. Make it happen that way.
  • They should add hydra an AIM goons and bosses. Like Red skull, mandarin, madame hydra, MODOK, Arnim zola, spider woman (hydra)
  • Very glad to see a 4* villain release (even if it's a little sooner on the heels of our last PvE than I'd like). Kingpin isn't my favorite villain, but he's iconic and threatening enough to be a good first 4* baddie. Also, the cover they chose for him is awesome.

That's one. Keep 'em coming.