What's the deal with the RNG?

Options
Stashasaurus
Stashasaurus Posts: 29
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok, so i'm playing 'Black Vortex' and in 3 of the last 5 fights, i've gotten 3 (count them 3) covers for Bagman Spiderman...

I thought he was pulled from draws? Either way, 3!?!?!?!?!

Besides my bad luck, what gives?

Comments

• Unknown
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Think not of rng as just applying to you. Instead consider that you're getting Bagmen so that others do not. Go forth, hero, with our thanks and blessing...and the extra iso.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bag-Man still drops in PvP, he's just not attainable through Tokens.

Sucks you got three of them, but them's the breaks with RNG. Go forth hero.
  • All 2* cover drops are the same anyway, 250 ISO (unless you need the 2* covers in which case good luck to you sir). So bagman is actually a bonus, not a hindrance. Take your bonus ISO and be proud. Yay Bagman!
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    *proudly shows off his fully covered Bagman* Don't listen to these tools, my sweetling. Your prominence will arise once more! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ok, so i'm playing 'Black Vortex' and in 3 of the last 5 fights, i've gotten 3 (count them 3) covers for Bagman Spiderman...
    I thought he was pulled from draws? Either way, 3!?!?!?!?!
    Besides my bad luck, what gives?

Hey, that's 250 ISO in each bag! View it as *good* luck, because otherwise it would be have likely been a **** 70 ISO reward. Though, I *too* have been inundated with The Bag - I think I've received at least four in the last two days. Is it the sign of an impending nerf or buff? Almost certainly not! Still, it is fun to imagine the chaos that might erupt if they... for example, changed Bag Man's blue to 4Thor's Pre-nerf Power Surge.

4Thor: I am ready to smite the foes of Asgard.
    X-Force: Are you sure, Bub? err, Bubette? I thought since the ne...
    4Thor: I have brought the Bag, hirsute warrior. And you will refer to me as Thor, and by no other name. Fear not the lessening of Mjolnir's power.
    X-Force: Right.. that wiggling bag you've slung over your shoulder. What's in it?
    4Thor: The Bag.
    X-Force: The Bag. *scratches beard* Oh, gotcha. Let's rock.
  • Stashasaurus
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    Think not of rng as just applying to you. Instead consider that you're getting Bagmen so that others do not. Go forth, hero, with our thanks and blessing...and the extra iso.

well done sir, well done.
  • Strange. From this event I got 4 consecutive Yellow Captain Marvel ** covers and was also wondering if RNG was broken. Maybe the Black Vortex changes probabilities? De ja vu?
  • "Random" is a very difficult concept to grasp
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We have already figured what the deal is with the RNG: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26142
  • Lifestooshort
    Lifestooshort Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    If you are hoping for something useful from those drops then in you are in for shock. Wait until you no longer need any of them. Just collect the covers, bank them and sell them when you have a long list. It's all just ISO waiting to be collected.
  • On one lucky day I got 7 bagman covers. It translated to 1750 iso. Sure beats getting 70 iso per match by about 3.5 times
  • Lifestooshort
    Lifestooshort Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    For sure. Love those covers, I usually drop 15 of them at a time and my ISO jumps nicely.