Character Creation: Doctor Strange

Options
ronin_san
ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
edited April 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
Caveat. I hit submit and realized I had to log back in. So I lost my content. This is me trying to remember everything I thought of.

Source: http://www.luckymojo.com/vishantivol1.html#ORBAGAMOTTO

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Doctor Strange (Ultimate) 9200 HPs.
doctor-strange.jpg

purpleflag.pngBanish Evil Entity. PASSIVE.
Doctor Strange's Eye of Agamotto divines the intention of his enemies, and diminishes their attack before dealing damage to the Sorcerer Supreme. Place a 3 turn countdown on the board. When cleared, the ability is reset.
strange_agamotto.jpg

O beam of purest light, heightened by Aggamon's distant might,
smite this entity of evil and remove his substance from my sight!

redflag.pngFlames of the Faltine 10AP
The Sorcerer Supreme summons mystic bolts, launching two volleys of 3500 DMG. If the cover is maxed, increase damage to 4200 per volley.
By the full powers at my command,
Let the Flames of the Faltine blast that
which threatens me!

Dr_Strange.jpg

blueflag.pngAstral Projection 8AP
Doctor Strange meditates and enters the mystic realm. Place a 5 turn countdown tile on the board. While in this state, generate 3 (max covers) charged tile per turn and disable Strange's redflag.png ability.
300?cb=20100328083537

I had better ideas the first time around. Here are other ideas I didn't flesh out, but totally see viable.

whitecrit.png Sticks to Snakes

whitecrit.png Expansion of Doom's Summon Demons ability

whitecrit.png Swords to Plowshares alternate take on Banish.

whitecrit.png Transmute. Make use of off-color AP for Strange's purposes. Why couldn't he pull a M:TG and transpose unused AP into "colorless" so he can use his redflag.png ? He's the Sorcerer Supreme!!! At MINIMUM let him do it with :Yellow: .

Comments

• I could be wrong but to me the theme Demiurge is going for with 4 star.png s seems to that they are leaders of teams. icon_wolverine.png leads X-Force, icon_invisiblewoman.png has led the Fantastic Four, icon_nickfury.png is in charge of S.H.I.E.L.D., icon_elektra.png once led the Hand, icon_starlord.png leads the Guardians of the Galaxy, and icon_professorx.png created the x-Men. The only one out of place is Goddess but it would be weird to have two 3 star.pngicon_thor.png s so they made her a 4 star.png .

I do want Doctor Strange but we have no idea what characters the devs prioritize.
  • He is the Sorcerer Supreme, one would believe thats lead enough... Lol
  • ronin_san
    Options
    fsentell wrote:
    I do want Doctor Strange but we have no idea what characters the devs prioritize.

They prioritize media releases, be it games, books, trades, dvd, theatrical releases, etc.

4hor will be prominent in the May "new" Avengers book.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    fsentell wrote:
    I could be wrong but to me the theme Demiurge is going for with 4 star.png s seems to that they are leaders of teams.
    if that's the criteria there's a gazillion characters who'd fit. Pretty much everybody has led a team for a while. Dr. Strange led the Black Priests for example.
  • ronin-san wrote:
    fsentell wrote:

They prioritize media releases, be it games, books, trades, dvd, theatrical releases, etc.

4hor will be prominent in the May "new" Avengers book.

Actually the prominent one will be Ultimate Spider man, as in "what and how the hell he got here" lol
    Wouldnt be surprised if they made a 4* of him, spidey needs some love in this game
  • Xenoberyll wrote:
    fsentell wrote:
    I could be wrong but to me the theme Demiurge is going for with 4 star.png s seems to that they are leaders of teams.
    if that's the criteria there's a gazillion characters who'd fit. Pretty much everybody has led a team for a while. Dr. Strange led the Black Priests for example.

Yes, Hawkeye led Thunderbolts as well
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    I'd love to see Dr. Strange have the first team true heal. I don't see it happening, but I can keep hoping icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • ronin-san wrote:
    Caveat. I hit submit and realized I had to log back in. So I lost my content. This is me trying to remember everything I thought of.

I think Bands of Cyttorak is a must skill
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Crimson_Bands_of_Cyttorak

the ability to lock a hero would be cool
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why no love for Adam Warlock or Thanos in this game???
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Why no love for Adam Warlock or Thanos in this game???

I liked Adam Warlock in his time as a Guardian of the Galaxy, but i guess we still are missing Drax and many other more known characters
    As for Thanos, i think it would be jumping the power levels too much for the villians (from an OP Gorgon to Thanos seems too sudden)
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    fsentell wrote:

he also led a little team called the Defenders, which you may have heard of icon_e_wink.gif
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    I like the charecter skill suggestions, close to what I would invision. I'd think a random "teleport" when he's in low health would be viable with the literature, but not sure how it would play out in the game. Something like transport to a new dimension, reseting all special tiles on the board....altough that doesn't sound too good or fun. meh
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How about a revive? Bring a defeated character back w/ 25% health or something along those lines...
  • ronin_san
    Options
    As always, these skills are my take on Strange. So redesign him entirely. Show me how Bands of Cyttorak, Or a true healing, or even a teleport would work in the game.
  • ronin_san
    Options
    One more thing, which I will add going forward. These are suppositions on characters I piece together based on polls and the fact I love this game.

I consider it General Discussion and have delicately explained that to moderators. While this would best fit in the 27 page "character theory thread", the problem is, people chime in with new ideas for characters, and the direction of the conversation is rerouted. This way, we focus a single thread on a single character.
  • Stranger Dan
    Stranger Dan Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Agent Alex wrote:
    ronin-san wrote:

I think Bands of Cyttorak is a must skill
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Crimson_Bands_of_Cyttorak

the ability to lock a hero would be cool
    I was thinking that too. It would be pretty interesting to have a red stun ability.