The joy of chaos and mayhem: My take on Carnage

Options
ronin_san
ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
edited April 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
star.pngstar.pngstar.png "Maximum" Carnage
7250 HPs.
0f0eb34b0fca3990167c157303656f90_xl.jpg

redflag.pngPassive. Blood-bonded Symbiote. Cletus Kasady's bond with the symbiote goes beyond a grant of strength. Gain one blacktile.png and one purpletile.png whenever Carnage attacks an enemy. If he kills an enemy, TRUE heal for 500. At max level, gain two blacktile.png and one purpletile.png and heal for 900.
Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_384_page_17_Cletus_Kasady_(Earth-616).jpg

blackflag.pngWeaponized Suit. 9 AP. Kasady's desire to kill grows. Select a colored tile on the board. The Carnage symbiote transposes into an axe, and creates a :strength: tile of strength 60. If damage is successfully dealt, generate another strike tile at end of turn. At max level, generate 2 strike.png tiles of strength 120. If Carnage's AP pool exceeds 10 Red, increase strength to 210.
Carnage_in_Spider-Man_The_Animated_Series.jpg

purpleflag.pngTendril Grab. 12AP. Carnage leaps from the shadows. His symbiote lunges out at his enemy, pinning them to the wall. Deals 800 dmg and stuns one turn. When fully covered, deal 3100 dmg and stun 2 turns.
500px-Carnage_Tendril_Grab.png

There are HEAPS of abilities you could use to flesh out with Carnage, like expanding his immunity to Spider-Sense. He doesn't strike me as being stronger than Venom, but he's very direct and takes pleasure in killing. So grant him AP and heals whenever he kills someone. Let him do web subdual damage and have the potential for big attacks.

FINE PRINT
These are suppositions on characters I piece together based on forum polls and the fact I love this game.
I consider it General Discussion and have delicately explained that to moderators. While this would best fit in the 27 page "character theory thread", the problem is, people chime in with new ideas for characters, and the direction of the conversation is rerouted. This way, we focus a single thread on a single character.

Comments

• ronin_san
    Options
    As always, chime in. Change abilities around. Prove your ideas are better. I welcome the discussion.
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Options
    I think most would say this is overpowered as hell right now. =) All good though, concepts are always rough drafts, and you always have fun before reigning it in.

1. Passive: Passively receiving 2 black and 2 ap every time carnage attacks, or every time carnage uses an ability? If its every time he makes a match 3, that's way too much. I do like the idea though of a tank that matches 3 to gain one extra ap of a color. If its every time he uses an ability, its not bad, but I'm not sure his costs on his abilities are cheap enough to warrent this passive having any use. The heal on the end is nice.

2. Ax: Again, do you mean any damage, or specifically carnage damage? Is this match 3, or an ability? If its match 3, generating a strike tile every time might be o.k. if its randomly placed. The problem with this is its virtually uncounterable. For 9 ap, you get strike tiles that mulitply, and the only way to get rid of them is to get rid of ALL strike tiles. Still, the strike tile damage can be tweaked to make this balanced. I think having 10 ap to increase the strike damage tile is probably unneeded, but that's an opinion.

3. This is...decent. Compare this ability to Thor's yellow and its almost comparable. Not sure how 2 rounds of stun and an extra 700 or so damage compares to the green generation in value.

What's important with carnage is his theme. You seem to have a great idea going here with the idea of Carnage's abilities being generated as he attacks. I like the match 3 idea more than the ability spam prefereably, but If you want this as abilities, you might want to give him low costs low effect spammable ones. Caranage would probably deserve low hp. Or, make him higher health, have high costs abilities that roll once they get going, like cap, and make it trigger on match 3. That would make an excellent tank. Nice ideas!
  • ronin_san
    Options
    Ideas is the whole point, and your criticism is what I wanted in this thread.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    blueflag.png With Carnage's leaping/climbing ability, i see using a slot as a way that will do damage to in play chars, AND chars that are out of play (like "airborne") chars.. there is no counter to that yet.
    blackflag.png With his ability to regenerate everything, including missing body parts, how about a countdown tile is placed if he is defeated, if it is not matched, or team defeated, he comes back with x% health. Nice passive.
    redflag.png Vampiric, he takes a portion of life and returns it to himself.
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    To follow the essence of the character in the comics I was thinking something like this...

6800 Health to stay in line with other star.pngstar.pngstar.png healers. (Although I would really like to see him as a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png villain which we have none of at this time)

redflag.png Tendrils Strike: Deals damage to the current enemy (Carnage's ability to form weapons out of the symbiote to attack enemies) & generates strike tiles (bleeding effect).
    blackflag.png Chaos Unleashed: Deals damage to the entire enemy team (technically maybe some to allies as well to represent the chaos effect).
    blueflag.png Symbiotic Regeneration (PASSIVE): Healing Factor (Carnage's symbiote regenerates damaged body tissues). Something in the line of star.pngstar.pngstar.png Wolverine but with blue tiles instead.

That would be a good representation of the character I think.

P.S. I so want a Carnage in this game! It would be wicked to play with him...Carnage is my favourite villain of all time! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • ronin_san
    Options
    Carnage_78 wrote:
    P.S. I so want a Carnage in this game! It would be wicked to play with him...Carnage is my favourite villain of all time! icon_mrgreen.gif

I've become a big fan of Eobard Thawne. There's no evil speedster in Marvel. That needs to happen. Otherwise, Luthor is an absolute beast.