Fan Character Design: Gambit

Options
Just messing around mostly, figured I'd see what people thought icon_e_smile.gif

Health would be the same as cyclops/iron fist, color priority of purpletile.pngblacktile.pnggreentile.png

purpleflag.png Kinetic Charge - 8 purpletile.png
(Passive) Every round, charge 1 purpletile.png tile
(Active) Destroy a charged tile, generating ap and dealing damage to the enemy - cost is reduced by the number of charged tiles on the board, to a minimum of 5

Level 2 - (Active) Destroy 3 charged tiles
Level 3 - (Passive) Charge 1 purple tile and 1 green tile
Level 4 - (Passive) Charge 2 purple tiles and 2 green tiles
Level 5 - (Active) Destroy 5 charged tiles

blackflag.png Cajun Thief - Passive
Matching a charged tile will steal 1 AP of the charged tile's color from the enemy team

Level 2 - Matching a charged tile will also steal 1 purpletile.png from the enemy team
Level 3 - Matching a charged tile will steal 2 AP of the charged tile's color from the enemy team as well as 1 purpletile.png AP
Level 4 - Matching a charged tile will steal 2 AP of the charged tile's color from the enemy team as well as 2 purpletile.png AP and 2 greentile.png AP
Level 5 - Matching a charged tile will steal 3 AP of the charged tile's color from the enemy team as well as 3 purpletile.png AP and 3 greentile.png AP

greenflag.png Kinetic Overload - 11 greentile.png
All charged tiles are converted to 3 round countdown tiles that deal 27 damage to the enemy team

Level 2 - Matching one of the countdown tiles will do 14 damage to the enemy team and create another charged tile of the same color
Level 3 - Cooldown tiles will do 44 damage to the enemy team, matching the countdown tile will do 27 damage to the enemy team and create another charged tile of the same color
Level 3 - Reduces the countdown to 2 rounds
Level 4 - Cooldown tiles will do 58 damage to the enemy team, matching the countdown tile will do 36 damage to the enemy team and create another charged tile of the same color
Level 5 - Matching the countdown tile will do 45 damage to the enemy team and create 2 charged tiles of the same color

Comments

• Cajun Thief as written is way way too good. Especially given this version of Gambit and TGT will be inseparable. It will basically guarantee the AI has no green or purple (or blue).
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Cajun Thief as written is way way too good. Especially given this version of Gambit and TGT will be inseparable. It will basically guarantee the AI has no green or purple (or blue).
    I agree, even if it was changed to steal charged ap with 1 purple and 1 green stolen, it would be better than dormammu's aid. Also, his green is really bad.
  • Scoregasms
    Options
    I think there should be some mechanic to get rid of charged tiles too, whether that's Gambit using all charged tiles and drains charge to power a damage ability or update existing abilities like radar sense to include charged tiles as a special tile. When she gets going, it's charged tiles everywhere and if strike and countdown tiles can be negated/converted for damage, charged tiles should too. Other characters like Bishop or Electro could also have a similar ability if ever they get released too.
  • Scoregasms wrote:
    I think there should be some mechanic to get rid of charged tiles too, whether that's Gambit using all charged tiles and drains charge to power a damage ability or update existing abilities like radar sense to include charged tiles as a special tile. When she gets going, it's charged tiles everywhere and if strike and countdown tiles can be negated/converted for damage, charged tiles should too. Other characters like Bishop or Electro could also have a similar ability if ever they get released too.

That's what I figured the green ability could be used for, but guessing I was a bit too conservative on that and I figured that the black passive was a bit strong, but I wanted something to distinguish from OBW and Hood while still playing to the thief angle.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cajun Thief is too strong and the others are too weak.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2015
    Options
    blackflag.png Cajun Thief - Passive
    Matching a charged tile will steal 1 AP of the charged tile's color from the enemy team

Level 2 - Matching a charged tile will steal 1 AP of the charged tile's color from the enemy team and create a 40 damage attack tile
    Level 3 - Matching a charged tile will steal 2 AP of the charged tile's color from the enemy team and create a 40 damage attack tile
    Level 4 - Matching a charged tile will steal 2 AP of the charged tile's color from the enemy team and create a 60 damage attack tile
    Level 5 - Matching a charged tile will steal 2 AP of the charged tile's color from the enemy team and create 2 30 damage attack tiles
  • Arondite wrote:
    Cajun Thief is too strong and the others are too weak.

One thing to note about the purple is that I'd say its strength would be that you can choose which charged tiles to destroy...makes sense for the character in my mind, but not sure how op that could be.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    just have the AP stolen be random, that way you can't keeping feeding Thor
  • Xiphoen wrote:
    :blackflag: Cajun Thief - Passive

Level 2 - Matching a charged tile will steal 1 AP of the charged tile's color from the enemy team and create a 40 damage attack tile
    Level 3 - Matching a charged tile will steal 2 AP of the charged tile's color from the enemy team and create a 40 damage attack tile
    Level 4 - Matching a charged tile will steal 2 AP of the charged tile's color from the enemy team and create a 60 damage attack tile
    Level 5 - Matching a charged tile will steal 2 AP of the charged tile's color from the enemy team and create 2 30 damage attack tiles

Also change Purple to increase colors not stacking purple and green.

Take
    Level 2 - (Active) Destroy 3 charged tiles
    Level 3 - (Passive) Charge 1 purple tile and 1 random color tile
    Level 4 - (Passive) Charge 2 purple tiles and 2 green tiles
    Level 5 - (Active) Destroy 5 charged tiles

Change to
    Level 2 - (Passive) Charge 1 Purple and 1 Green Tile
    Level 3 - (Active) Destroy 3 up to Charged Tiles
    Level 4 - (Passive) Charge 1 Purple and 2 Random Tiles
    Level 5 - (Active) Destroy up to 5 Charged Tiles

This would combine it with Black to allow for stealing of random colors instead of stacking always on 2 Color, and because you aren't just Purple and Green would allow for combining with more team comps for utility.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Options
    purpleflag.png Mouth Full of Marbles - [PASSIVE]
    Gambit's dialog is entirely impenetrable, even in for X-Men book that contains Banshee and Wolfsbane. Boy, Claremont can plot, but why does every character have to speak sub-Klingon? Confuses the enemy so thoroughly that they just attack someone else rather than try to decipher what Gambit just said. Just give him Mawkeye's old Avoid power.
  • konannfriends
    konannfriends Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    Options
    i dont like the purple. it doesnt do any damage meaning even though you got a but load of purple you need to bring a purple user to reap the benefits
  • i dont like the purple. it doesnt do any damage meaning even though you got a but load of purple you need to bring a purple user to reap the benefits

The idea behind it was to have the passive charge up and then the active can destroy the charges to perpetuate itself. But it does seem like some base damage would help the ability out. Thanks for the comments! icon_e_smile.gif