Perfectly happy with that, but i think its gonna be

P
    G
    Y
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2015
    Moon 17 wrote:
    I really dislike that KK's active power set mimics the relevant parts of GSBW's so closely. Widow will still be better in PvE, KK will be better at PvP (although who knows if she'll really be enough better to matter), but essentially they're both doing more or less the same thing. There has to be more design space than this.
    I don't think the GSBW comparison is that accurate. GSBW is a board control freak, who manipulates the board with all three powers in very predictable ways. If she's just a greentile.png AP generator + greenflag.png AoE, then sure, these two are redundant. But I think there's more to these these powersets than AP generation and damage output. Not to mention that KK's passive alone makes her unique.

I'm looking forward to KK and I'll always have room on my Roster for gsBW. Beast, on the other hand, needs to worry about his spot.

I think the problem might more be that Gsbw ( too high of ap costs, low health, terrible PvP capabilities, and a beyond useless red) seriously needs a buff but instead of her getting fixed upon being unvaulted, a new character shows up that seems a lot like a gsbws redesign should have been.

See, that's why I'm happy. The AI will never play board control well, so that means that any "buff" to gsBW would gut her utility. More health: fine. Lower AP costs: fine. But, if my two options are 1) "buff" gsBW like this or 2) create a new character, then I'll take the new character. Especially when its a fun character like Khamala Khan.

Who would be better at taking out an invisible Prof X at the end of the Guantlet, KK or gsBW? Even if all you have is her Pistols, then you're still better off with gsBW. And I think people are going to be seriously disappointed with KK's purpleflag.png if they keep comparing it to Deceptive Tactics. That one placed tile is nice, but KK's purpleflag.png is really just a Lvl 3 Technopathic Strike that will only be predictable when the color you want to change is rare.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Yay on the character, bleh on the naming. Exact reverse of Captain America (Steve Rogers). Consistency, dammit!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    Guessing
    Top 10 YELLOW
    TOP 50 GREEN
    TOP 150 PURPLE

Perfectly happy with that, but i think its gonna be

P
    G
    Y

really?
    Purple only turns 7 gems green at max
    Green tons of damage to the team max
    Yellow everytime someone does a spell if max heals all for 905 health (guess so starting levels sort of suck)

i though yellow sounded the most powerful But now im starting to think
    G
    Y
    P
    purple still seems like the lowest thing
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    Truly a noble spirit.
  • The total color overlap really puts a lid on Team Manic Pixie Girl icon_evil.gif
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    slidecage wrote:
    really?
    Yellow everytime someone does a spell if max heals all for 905 health (guess so starting levels sort of suck)

G
    Y
    P
    Are you nuts?

Her yellow is by FAR her weakest ability. Not to say it's bad (it's actually really good), but relatively speaking purple and green severely outclass her yellow as standalone skills, much less in tandem. Adding a total of 8 (read the damn ability description please) green tiles to the board for 8 AP (two-thirds cost of Thunder Strike) is enormous, and being able to place one of those 8 tiles is being massively underrated. Not only that, it fuels one of the most AP-efficient AoEs in the game in her green.

Yeah, I think lots of people are coming out of PvE retirement for her.

I think she joins LThor and Iron Fist at the top tier, though like LThor she ends up slightly weaker in the meta due to X-Force existing.
  • Too much miss Marvels.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Was this announced before today? I swear I had a dream this week she would be announced as a new character. Maybe I'm misremembering something. Either way, super cool to see her added to MPQ!
  • Esheris wrote:
    Surprised to see her before Emma Frost. =/

They've had plenty of X-Men lately. They need to be sure to keep the new characters from being all-X-Men all the time. Not everybody's a fan of theirs, and there are about 47,000 of them.
  • Trisul wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    really?

G
    Y
    P
    Are you nuts?

Her yellow is by FAR her weakest ability. Not to say it's bad (it's actually really good), but relatively speaking purple and green severely outclass her yellow as standalone skills, much less in tandem. Adding a total of 8 (read the damn ability description please) green tiles to the board for 8 AP (two-thirds cost of Thunder Strike) is enormous, and being able to place one of those 8 tiles is being massively underrated. Not only that, it fuels one of the most AP-efficient AoEs in the game in her green.

Yeah, I think lots of people are coming out of PvE retirement for her.

I think she joins LThor and Iron Fist at the top tier, though like LThor she ends up slightly weaker in the meta due to X-Force existing.

Actually she complements xf really really well

His green if you need to do 5k to one guy, hers if you want to do 10k spread out over the whole team. I find myself killing off 2-3k hp guys all the time with XF because well, I can. . .

Her purple is pretty insane - equal to fist in a different way.

Her yellow is completely badass and people won't realize that until you fight someone with her healing the team over and over. But the real nightmare is fighting a 395 version of her in pve. No Thank You
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Finally Squirrel Girl has someone to hang with at the never gonna get used club.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    So now we have two of the "all new all different Avengers", with 4* Thor and Kamala Khan. Here is the cover of Avengers to be given away on comic book day:

all-new-all-different-avengers-assemble-4-811f2-128835.jpg

So are we going to see the others soon? Vision in upcoming Avengers movie wouldn't be a surprise to see here - but with Khan's addition it seems this may be the way D3/Marvel is going.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,488 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:
    We don't see her full name, I'm assuming she'll be Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel.)

Which, amusingly enough, will make her the third Ms. Marvel in the game - Moonstone and Carol Danvers being the other two. You could make a full team of Ms. Marvel!

There's so many Marvels and Widows. But we all know the devs will make 7* Moonstone to rule them all

Ah, but you can't actualy play the Widows together as they are all Natasha Romanova. The Marvels are three people - Carol Danvers, Kamala Khan, and Karla Sofen (huh, all have first names that begin with a K sound, though. Say "Carol, Karla, and Kamala" three times fast.) So you could theoretically make a team of them, just not for Combined Arms.

What is odd is that 4or actually is a different person than the other two - she is not the son of Odin. I have two theories on why they made her the same character:

1) They decided it would be disengenous to make her playable with Odinson because of the phrase "she IS Thor." Also, they wanted a 4* Thor that was the same character.

2) The character isn't the person, IT'S THE HAMMER

1 is more likely, but I like 2 more. icon_e_smile.gif
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    How come marvel.com has not done (or has yet to do) an interview for the upcoming Kamala release?
    Not that there's an issue with the MTV interview, but the format change seems random.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hendross wrote:
    Finally Squirrel Girl has someone to hang with at the never gonna get used club.
    you haven't looked at her skills then,
    Passive group heal
    Green generator/color denier
    enemy team attack
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    So now we have two of the "all new all different Avengers", with 4* Thor and Kamala Khan. Here is the cover of Avengers to be given away on comic book day:
    all-new-all-different-avengers-assemble-4-811f2-128835.jpg

So are we going to see the others soon? Vision in upcoming Avengers movie wouldn't be a surprise to see here - but with Khan's addition it seems this may be the way D3/Marvel is going.
    I'm probably in a very, very small minority, but I hope this increases the odds of a Nova appearance.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    GrimSkald wrote:
    2) The character isn't the person, IT'S THE HAMMER

Yup!, it's this. When Thor (Goddess) was announced, they said she wouldn't be able to be in the same group as Thor, as there's only one Mjolnir.

I assume the same would hold true for any current or future character whose powerset is defined by an accessory -- e.g., the 1-star Venom (Mac Gargan) should not be able to group with classic Venom (Eddie Brock) or modern Venom (Flash Thompson), as they all wear the same symbiote.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Trisul wrote:
    Yay on the character, bleh on the naming. Exact reverse of Captain America (Steve Rogers). Consistency, dammit!
    The naming is a definite sore point, especially with Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) out there too. The problem is that while fans know that there can be two Ms. Marvels but not two Mjolnir wielders, average players don't. So they understand why they can't choose Thor (Goddess) and Thor (Modern) at the same time. Same name, same character. Same with Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) and Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel). But if we flip it to Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), that mixes up the whole thing even more. Meanwhile, it's fine and already in the game as accepted to have Yelena (DA Black Widow) with Natasha, or Wolverine with Daken (DA Wolverine). And yes, I know we pulled the character name ends off the DA characters lately for text formatting purposes, but the point still stands.

As for colors in Iso-8 Brotherhood, I'm going to go with GPY.