*** Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) ***

Comments

• DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    She's been a great addition to the Marvel Universe and I'm happy to see here in the MPQ world as well.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Those who are going to ask who that is, here is a link that will help: http://bit.ly/1H0rEB0
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    The I-don't-want-to-fight-them team:
    Kamala Khan
    Luke Cage
    Hood

No match damage, no AP, and if you do get enough AP to hurt someone, autoheals. Oh, and they can still muster enough damage to hurt you.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good comic. Good character. Glad to see her in MPQ and looks like she's going to be a great team player.

Awesome.

Just don't leave her as the only Inhuman in the game for too long... a 4* Black Bolt would be phenomenal. 3* Medusa would be sweet, too. 3* Karnak... oof... he'd be fun.
  • She's awesome, I only wish she was listed in game as Ms. Marvel, but unfortunately that would cause confusion with the 2* Carol Danvers.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,489 Chairperson of the Boards
    We don't see her full name, I'm assuming she'll be Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel.)

Which, amusingly enough, will make her the third Ms. Marvel in the game - Moonstone and Carol Danvers being the other two. You could make a full team of Ms. Marvel!
  • What's up with squinch face in the front there? Why does every character need some kind of weird facial expression on their front line art?
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Hmmm... a third Ms. Marvel. . . Too bad she's a 3* character, or else we could field an "All-Marvel" team in Combined Arms. icon_lol.gif
  • theshadeofopal
    theshadeofopal Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Moon 17 wrote:
    I really dislike that KK's active power set mimics the relevant parts of GSBW's so closely. Widow will still be better in PvE, KK will be better at PvP (although who knows if she'll really be enough better to matter), but essentially they're both doing more or less the same thing. There has to be more design space than this.
    I don't think the GSBW comparison is that accurate. GSBW is a board control freak, who manipulates the board with all three powers in very predictable ways. If she's just a greentile.png AP generator + greenflag.png AoE, then sure, these two are redundant. But I think there's more to these these powersets than AP generation and damage output. Not to mention that KK's passive alone makes her unique.

I'm looking forward to KK and I'll always have room on my Roster for gsBW. Beast, on the other hand, needs to worry about his spot.

I think the problem might more be that Gsbw ( too high of ap costs, low health, terrible PvP capabilities, and a beyond useless red) seriously needs a buff but instead of her getting fixed upon being unvaulted, a new character shows up that seems a lot like a gsbws redesign should have been.
  • GrimSkald wrote:
    We don't see her full name, I'm assuming she'll be Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel.)

Which, amusingly enough, will make her the third Ms. Marvel in the game - Moonstone and Carol Danvers being the other two. You could make a full team of Ms. Marvel!

There's so many Marvels and Widows. But we all know the devs will make 7* Moonstone to rule them all
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Surprised to see her before Emma Frost. =/

But her moveset looks fun and I will still have fun earning her in the next event.
  • At this point any GSBW redesign needs to just make Sniper Rifle into a single target nuke. Removes the 5 covers or its useless aspect, and gives her a decent place on 3* roster teams, as a solid green punch to the face is lacking right now. At 15 cost it would have to do about 6400+ damage or more but they could adjust the costs as well. It also has that weird AP fluctuation thing in covering the power, which is no good nowadays.
  • Moon 17 wrote:
    I really dislike that KK's active power set mimics the relevant parts of GSBW's so closely. Widow will still be better in PvE, KK will be better at PvP (although who knows if she'll really be enough better to matter), but essentially they're both doing more or less the same thing. There has to be more design space than this.
    I don't think the GSBW comparison is that accurate. GSBW is a board control freak, who manipulates the board with all three powers in very predictable ways. If she's just a greentile.png AP generator + greenflag.png AoE, then sure, these two are redundant. But I think there's more to these these powersets than AP generation and damage output. Not to mention that KK's passive alone makes her unique.

I'm looking forward to KK and I'll always have room on my Roster for gsBW. Beast, on the other hand, needs to worry about his spot.

I'd never try to claim that they're carbon copies or anything, I just wish they didn't have to have similar powers right down to the color combination. Purple power that makes green tiles into a green aoe is a pretty big chunk of ability overlap. Giving her a different accelerator/aoe combination would have made her seem more distinctive in the grand scheme of things.

And while I'll admit that her yellow is definitely going to make her stand out, I think it's going to be more of a source of rage and frustration when she's boosted to 300 in PvE than a super useful tool in the player's kit. Time will tell, of course. I've been way more wrong about way more important stuff in the past.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Embiggened OP with Kamala's relevant info.
  • I like these ability descriptions. Thumbs up to the writer
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Thank you all for working embiggening into the skills.

Kamala rules.

Still feels like there's something... missing... though....

coughcoughLOCKJAWcoughcough

Sorry, just had a frog in my throat there.... icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    edited March 2015
    Moon 17 wrote:

I think the problem might more be that Gsbw ( too high of ap costs, low health, terrible PvP capabilities, and a beyond useless red) seriously needs a buff but instead of her getting fixed upon being unvaulted, a new character shows up that seems a lot like a gsbws redesign should have been.

Why fix characters when you can just release new better ones? icon_e_wink.gif

Also, I'd much rather have Kamala Khan than see GSBW get a "Ragnarok rework" *throws up*
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Esheris wrote:
    Surprised to see her before Emma Frost. =/

But her moveset looks fun and I will still have fun earning her in the next event.

I am not surprised:
    A) once you get past the characters you would expect to see (Hulk, IM, Wolverine, etc.), the devs seem to be putting an emphasis on newer, more diverse characters.
    B) Her comic is good and you should read it. The devs seem to have very similar tastes to me. icon_e_smile.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    Guessing
    Top 10 YELLOW
    TOP 50 GREEN
    TOP 150 PURPLE
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Oh lord, she will be annoying enough with the team heal. Pair her with Deadpool, so if you target her he will take the dmg. I wonder how she'll do with profx and healing/creating tiles every ability use.