*** Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) ***

Comments

• Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was under the assumption that her passive only works when "allies" use a power, does that work for herself as well? Don't have a purple Xavier to compare how his trigger works.

Xavier says the same thing but his purple triggers his yellow.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I am all for 5 in healing. Raw damage isn't everything, otherwise people would spec patch 5/5/3

My vote is for 5/3/5

People spec Patch 5/3/5 because his red is terrible.

Not to derail, but I ran 3/5/5 forever and loved his red. I switched mainly because they made Loki/Daredevil playable, which gave a usable counter to the sea of purple enemy strikes.
    Every so often I still launch his red and now I say "****, that did half what I expected it to."

Back to Unknown: If it was a passive team heal every turn, 5 would be automatic, obviously. Since this triggers only on ability, it becomes a version of OBW's heal with varying cost. With someone like Punisher/Psylocke/Torch who have spammable colors, 5 yellow would be pretty devastating. Running with 3Thor/Grocket/Doom/Fury who are slower to launch, the yellow is pretty useless.

Especially with the whole temp healing thing, I lean 3/5/5, but could probably find an argument to run 4/4/5.
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I was under the assumption that her passive only works when "allies" use a power, does that work for herself as well? Don't have a purple Xavier to compare how his trigger works.

Xavier says the same thing but his purple triggers his yellow.
    Not sure what kind of cheating Xavier you are using, but my Xavier (2/3/1) certainly doesn't do that.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    I am all for 5 in healing. Raw damage isn't everything, otherwise people would spec patch 5/5/3

My vote is for 5/3/5

People spec Patch 5/3/5 becuase his red is terrible.

My 5/5/3 and every Hulk Bombing 3/5/5 patch in the world would disagree with you. Patch's red is awesome. Its one of the only skills in 3* land that will land for 10k+ and insta down Thor, and comes in at a modest 7000 damage for 500 per AP on a 50% patch board which is pretty good. And most teams that want to use Patch's red will be 4 patch colors not 3 (he takes Purple).
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I don't know if this has been said, but this character is almost a carbon copy of Grey Suit, aside from the pasive. Definitely the purple (though it is one chosen and others random), and the green is a cheaper version of her sniper rifle minus the shakeup. This could have a strong relation to who this character will be.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:

My vote is for 5/3/5

People spec Patch 5/3/5 becuase his red is terrible.

Not to mention because his healing is "true" which helps sustained pushes.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Two questions for the devs:
    • If the character does indeed end up Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), can we rename the two Carol Danvers characters to be Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) and Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers)? I dislike the naming of Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) so, so much.
    • Also if Kamala, would she be linked to Carol like the Thors or no? (i.e. choosing KK and CD on the same team).
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    Trisul wrote:
    • If the character does indeed end up Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), can we rename the two Carol Danvers characters to be Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) and Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers)? I dislike the naming of Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) so, so much.
    • Also if Kamala, would she be linked to Carol like the Thors or no? (i.e. choosing KK and CD on the same team).
    1) The "Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel)" name seems just so incredibly irksome to me as well. I gather that the reasoning for that is because the game does a check based on the character's name (pre-brackets) to prevent duplicates from appearing on the same team -- this is why Yelena can be used on the same team as any Black Widow, as her name is "Yelena Belova (Dark Avengers Widow)", when it probably would've made more sense to call her "Black Widow (Yelena Belova)". Not that anyone should lose sleep over anything to do with Yelena Belova. icon_e_biggrin.gif

If it's any consolation, Ms. Marvel -- while in that black costume - did go by the name Captain Marvel in the House Of M universe/storyline.

2) I don't see any reason why they'd make it so choosing one would prohibit the other -- they're completely different characters with different powers (plus, KK idolizes CD, so having them fight together would be very apropos)
  • Trisul wrote:
    To answer your second question, prob not. there is not any unique item to be shared between them, So Ms. Marvel can be used in all 3 slots. Kamela, Carol, & Moonstone.
  • teef1
    teef1 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    It's probably okay to update the thread with the character name now.

http://www.mtv.com/news/2114583/kamala- ... zle-quest/
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    yellowflag.png Bring Out The Best

purpleflag.png Inhuman Stretchiness

greenflag.png Embiggened Bash
  • I think 553 serves better both as healing and battery support
    Green is a skill you always prefer on LThor, X Force, even GBW

But its pointless to discuss this in advance, Demiurge will surely release yellow as top 5 in both pve and pvp, and never again till the next month lol

I think its cool she gets introduced in a Marvel game but her artwork design is awful, i wonder whats wrong with them? its almost as ugly as Squirrel Girl
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    amount of testing on this character.... 0

get ready to use the new nerf reimbursement rule
  • Her standing pose in the in-game line-up shot looks a little dumb; I'm reserving judgment in general until I see her on a tablet screen in front of me.

I really dislike that KK's active power set mimics the relevant parts of GSBW's so closely. Widow will still be better in PvE, KK will be better at PvP (although who knows if she'll really be enough better to matter), but essentially they're both doing more or less the same thing. There has to be more design space than this.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Hi everyone,

We are excited to announce that Kamala Khan (aka the new Ms. Marvel) is making her Marvel Puzzle Quest debut and you can uncover first details in an interview at MTV News!

Jump to the link to read a chat with Kamala Khan's co-creator, Sana Amanat, Marvel's Bill Rosemann and MPQ producer, Joe Fletcher. In-game screens are on display.

You can find it here.

Exclusive: Marvel Superhero Kamala Khan Is Making Her Video Game Debut
    Quote:
    "So what’s it like actually playing 'Marvel Puzzle Quest' with Kamala Khan on your team? Pretty much how you’d expect it to be from reading the comics, developer Joe Fletcher of D3 told us.

'Whenever we make a character — and [Ms. Marvel] in particular — we kind of want to go in and research exactly what makes the character who they are,' Fletcher said. As a result, her stretchy, shape-changing powers will definitely show up in the game board in a big way (pun intended). So will her upbeat attitude and desire to help others, which will translate to bursts of energy and other power-ups for the other heroes in your line-up."
  • ErikPeter wrote:
    greenflag.png Embiggened Bash

It's a perfectly cromulent power.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Moon 17 wrote:
    I really dislike that KK's active power set mimics the relevant parts of GSBW's so closely. Widow will still be better in PvE, KK will be better at PvP (although who knows if she'll really be enough better to matter), but essentially they're both doing more or less the same thing. There has to be more design space than this.
    I don't think the GSBW comparison is that accurate. GSBW is a board control freak, who manipulates the board with all three powers in very predictable ways. If she's just a greentile.png AP generator + greenflag.png AoE, then sure, these two are redundant. But I think there's more to these these powersets than AP generation and damage output. Not to mention that KK's passive alone makes her unique.

I'm looking forward to KK and I'll always have room on my Roster for gsBW. Beast, on the other hand, needs to worry about his spot.
  • inb4 who the **** is that?
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    I believe it refers to the old 80's band Chaka Khan
  • I'm digging her comic line, so I am glad to see she'll be joining the MPQ roster.