*** Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) ***

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    adamLmpq wrote:
    Yeah, as was pointed out to me and has been mentioned several times by other posters at this point, health pool is a major factor that needs to be taken into account when looking at these characters.

Though, this argument also makes me wonder why Mohawk Storm isn't much more dangerous...

MoStorm would be halfway decent on, say, BP's health. icon_e_smile.gif
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really like the more "puzzl-y" aspect of this purple. Some thought will have to go into which color needs to be changed in order to get the most AP. I like it.

Also, what's the ETA for this character? Any ideas?

Assuming the every-other-week schedule, we're "due" a new character by around Monday or Tuesday of next week. I think it's safe to assume that the next event (after the Gauntlet ends) will be her introductory event. It may be a short one, like DP vs MPQ or they may vary their normal schedule by a day or two.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okay, I reread her purple and now I'm confused.

So, I use purpleflag.png

I now pick a basic tile, lets say I pick bluetile.png

Now I turn the tile I selected from bluetile.png to greentile.png plus now a certain number of blue tiles are now turning green but my question is, how many.

Level 1 says select 1 basic tile and 2 random tiles of same color.
    Level 2 says converst 3 additional.
    Level 3 4
    Lvel 4 5
    Level 5 7

My question is, is that in addition to the 2 from level 1?

So lets say at level 5

Is it 1+2+7
    or
    it it 1+7

the wording when it says additional seems to imply it's adding on to the 2, but I just don't see that being right.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2015
    I really would have guessed that it's Reed Richards based on this description. A leadership heal and ways to boost his teammates? A certain amount of "flexibility". Who claimed it was female?

I'm pretty sure these numbers will be sanded a little bit before release. Purple seems surprisingly fair. Picking a random color using Turul's simulator (and changing 8 tiles at max rank), that power generates about 3.5 green and leaves the board somewhat saturated (e.g., very combo-tastic with Thunder Strike and Chemical Reaction); I imagine in practice you'll usually be able to choose the right tile to get at least 6. But it's not as good as GSBW's.

I guess I'm just not excited by a "damage the enemy team" with no perks. Even if it is good damage with no drawback; my BP's black is rank 4 which is roughly the same and much appreciated, but the latter's gift of 5 AP can occasionally backfire. So yes, this should be a pretty solid character, it just feels like "Generate green to do big AoE" has been done before.

5 ranks in yellow might be worth it just to be annoying on defense; Daken/Psylocke are her best friends (3 cheap attacks to keep them healed up after some strike tile generating green matches).
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Ok A) Stop calling for nerfs to characters before you even play them. And 2) This character deserves better than Thor's damage because she has 6800 health.

To me, this is the devs giving legitimacy to L.Thor's power level. 10200 health with his damage level is A-OK apparently. Adjust other characters accordingly. (Which to me means 4Thor needs something along the lines of a 1031 damage per AP ability to be 160% as strong as LThor.)

A) No, if D3 had balanced IFoKL before he was released, we wouldn't have all this uproar when he was nerfed. If a character is too powerful, why not say they are too powerful and save us some trouble?

2) This character is a quick strike + support character, not a long charge tank. She has the 2nd best transformation move besides IFoKL and the best team heal in the game (for what little that's worth).

Finally, a reduction of 1 random converted tile, and -11% dmg to the final cover only is barely even a nerf. Why get upset about very minor balancing suggestions that won't be implemented anyways? I know we're upset about 4Thor's fall from Olympus, but that doesn't mean we should constantly endure power creep to the point where a good character released a few months ago is already useless.

Anyways, after running simulations, I'm finding Purple is not as good as I thought it would be. I think GSBW is a better green accelerator in a vacuum.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Character Speculation:
    :yellowflag: is going to be some sort of Hero Worship/Inspiration text
    greenflag.png No idea, but I hear Embiggen is a thing.
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Phaserhawk wrote:

So, I use purpleflag.png

Now I turn the tile I selected from bluetile.png to greentile.png plus now a certain number of blue tiles are now turning green but my question is, how many.

Level 3 4
    Lvel 4 5
    Level 5 7

So lets say at level 5

Is it 1+2+7
    or
    it it 1+7

the wording when it says additional seems to imply it's adding on to the 2, but I just don't see that being right.
    I'm sure it's 1+2 at 1 cover, and 1+7 at 5 covers. The wording doesn't seem that vague to me, but it could be clarified in the actual ability description (rather than IceIX's abbreviated version).
  • ErikPeter
    To follow up on my earlier post, I think 5/3/5 is justifiable. Even for PvP, because of the added defensive value. Looking at each of his/her powers, as it turns out, going from Rank 3 to Rank 5 basically doubles the general effectiveness of all three powers.

greenflag.png The fact that green doubles in damage from rank 3 kind of necessitates 5 ranks unless you're accelerating some other green power (X-force). It's just too good to pass up.

purpleflag.png Simulating the power shows that rank 3 randomly generates about 2 greentile.png green AP and rank 5 generates roughly 3.5 greentile.png (overall, 5 is more likely to cascade so average AP gain of any color is about 3 vs. just under 6.) I speculate that purple will be primarily used to create 1 desired green match between two existing tiles, and any extra is gravy; 3 ranks is totally justifiable in this case. Especially since the AI will pick randomly for you on defense. The 2 additional tiles on purple rank 5 do increase it's effectiveness, but it's a bit like Rank 4->5 in Doom's blue. Rarely great.

yellowflag.png How many powers do you activate in a typical battle? Even if it's only like 4, that's a decent amount of free health-topping-off during the fight. Yellow lets you go on offense for much longer since match damage won't wear you down as much. And on defense it'll be a bit less useful (since players usually whittle down one target at a time), but it does mitigate against non-finisher AoE effects like PvE minions, Gamora, Power of Attorney, Colossus, Rags, etc. (Beast, Doc Ock, icon_e_wink.gif ) But on a cheap team (as mentioned above, LDaken/Psylocke, or Star-Lord/XF) you'd get more bang for your buck.

My determination to acquire this character rests solely on who it is and whether I like the character or not. The build will be fun to use, but thematically if it's another Squirrel Girl I'll take my sweet time.
  • Troll team of Devil dino, Xavier and Unkown?

Passive heals and special tiles every time he waves his tiny arms?
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    daibar wrote:
    I know we're upset about 4Thor's fall from Olympus, but that doesn't mean we should constantly endure power creep to the point where a good character released a few months ago is already useless.

She would had fallen from Asgard or Valhalla. She ain't Greek. She's Norse.
  • Unknown (Coming Soon)
    IceIX wrote:
    3 Star Rarity (Rare) Wiki Link
    At Max Level: HP: 6800 Tile Damage: 79/13/12/70/61/11/3.5x

Team Temp Health on Ability Use - Passive yellowtile.png
      (PASSIVE) Whenever an ally fires a power, the team gains a burst of 110 health.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Gives the team a burst of 132 health. Level 3: Gives the team a burst of 154 health. Level 4: Gives the team a burst of 198 health. Level 5: Gives the team a burst of 286 health.
      Max Level
        Level 3 - Gives the team a burst of 487 health. Level 4 - Gives the team a burst of 626 health. Level 5 - Gives the team a burst of 905 health.

[/list][/list]

IceIX wrote:
      Professor X (Charles Xavier)
      Psychic Convergence - Passive yellowtile.png
      (PASSIVE) Charles Xavier telepathically with his allies, coordinating their greatest strengths. Whenever an ally of Professor X fires a power, it also creates a strength 21 Protect tile.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Whenever an ally uses an ability, it also converts a random basic tile to a strength 29 Protect tile. Level 3: Whenever an ally uses an ability, it also converts a random basic tile to a strength 37 Protect tile. Level 4: Whenever an ally uses an ability, it also converts a random basic tile to a strength 27 Attack tile. Level 5: Whenever an ally uses an ability, it also converts a random basic tile to a strength 41 Strike tile.
      Max Level
        Level 3 - Creates a strength 75 Protect tile. Level 4 - Creates a strength 75 Protect tile and a strength 54 Attack tile. Level 5 - Creates a strength 75 Protect tile, a strength 54 Attack tile, and a strength 82 Strike tile.
      [/list]

Infinite loop problem?
    • GrimSkald wrote:
      adamLmpq wrote:
      Yeah, as was pointed out to me and has been mentioned several times by other posters at this point, health pool is a major factor that needs to be taken into account when looking at these characters.

Though, this argument also makes me wonder why Mohawk Storm isn't much more dangerous...

MoStorm would be halfway decent on, say, BP's health. icon_e_smile.gif

Or if she had a direct damage facebash instead of that awful TU manipulation power. Or if that awful TU manipulation power destroyed all TU. Or if he green did some extra damage per tile, or if it still broke 16 tiles like it use to, or any other number of things that all added up to Storm becoming god awful bad, from one of the best overused 1*s.
    • MonkeySlut wrote:
      Unknown (Coming Soon)
      IceIX wrote:
      3 Star Rarity (Rare) Wiki Link
      At Max Level: HP: 6800 Tile Damage: 79/13/12/70/61/11/3.5x

Team Temp Health on Ability Use - Passive yellowtile.png
        (PASSIVE) Whenever an ally fires a power, the team gains a burst of 110 health.
        Level Upgrades
          Level 2: Gives the team a burst of 132 health. Level 3: Gives the team a burst of 154 health. Level 4: Gives the team a burst of 198 health. Level 5: Gives the team a burst of 286 health.
        Max Level
          Level 3 - Gives the team a burst of 487 health. Level 4 - Gives the team a burst of 626 health. Level 5 - Gives the team a burst of 905 health.

[/list][/list]

IceIX wrote:
        Professor X (Charles Xavier)
        Psychic Convergence - Passive yellowtile.png
        (PASSIVE) Charles Xavier telepathically with his allies, coordinating their greatest strengths. Whenever an ally of Professor X fires a power, it also creates a strength 21 Protect tile.
        Level Upgrades
          Level 2: Whenever an ally uses an ability, it also converts a random basic tile to a strength 29 Protect tile. Level 3: Whenever an ally uses an ability, it also converts a random basic tile to a strength 37 Protect tile. Level 4: Whenever an ally uses an ability, it also converts a random basic tile to a strength 27 Attack tile. Level 5: Whenever an ally uses an ability, it also converts a random basic tile to a strength 41 Strike tile.
        Max Level
          Level 3 - Creates a strength 75 Protect tile. Level 4 - Creates a strength 75 Protect tile and a strength 54 Attack tile. Level 5 - Creates a strength 75 Protect tile, a strength 54 Attack tile, and a strength 82 Strike tile.
        [/list]

Infinite loop problem?
        Not a problem because Xavier does not trigger on passives, and presumably neither does New Girl. "uses an ability" means "pays AP for an ability".
      • Mawtful
        Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
        MonkeySlut wrote:
        Infinite loop problem?

"fires a power" means activate. I mean, I guess they could have said "activates a power" and removed any chance at confusion, but our metrics show that our players experience more fun when things don't work the way they expected.
      • Phaserhawk wrote:

So, I use purpleflag.png

Level 3 4
        Lvel 4 5
        Level 5 7

So lets say at level 5

Is it 1+2+7
        or
        it it 1+7

It's additional to the one you place. So level 5 is 1 + 7 which with some control is not a bad power for 8 Purple.
      • ErikPeter
        Remember in the 2* tier when you really want to beat OBW but then she heals up because she got some blue? This character can make that happen, except the enemy just has to get enough AP in any color to activate a power. Devil Dino isn't good, but a +900 hp team heal on every purple match would probably go a long way on defense. Until you Surgical/Smite this character, you might just be paddling upstream. I don't think it's strong enough to be broken, but I do think it's an interesting addition to the meta. (And I think most people will instinctively build 3/5/5 so it won't end up being as transformative as it could.)
      • I am all for 5 in healing. Raw damage isn't everything, otherwise people would spec patch 5/5/3

My vote is for 5/3/5
      • Phaserhawk
        Support/Green battery--5/5/3

Pure Damage--3/5/5

Support/Damage--5/3/5

There's probably no bad way to build her as she fits well.

My only reason for going 3/5/5 is this.

8 purple--trigger passive--create tiles to accelerate green--cast green skill--trigger passive again.

So as a standalone, her purple can speed her green to get you 2 passive triggers over possibly only 1 from going 5/3/5 so they do the same heal, but you just went off a turn sooner which saves you damage, so in reality 5/3/5 or 3/5/5 are probably a wash

Or this.

3/5/5--8 purple, i'm up 487 health---I get 8 green--I Xforce--I'm up another 487 health--total 974 health gained and guy hopefully dead.

5/3/5--8 purple, I'm up 905 health--I get 5 green--I have to wait a turn and take 220 dmg I"m up only 685--I use X-Force, and gain 905 I'm up 1590

In either case if X-Force is the game ender, then neither matters, because the health I gain goes away....now in the second scenario say I have to wait 1 turn, now I take a Fireball to the face, I'm down 3K damage, that's why I won't go anything but 3/5/5, the heal doesn't stay, and if using purple accelerates me into ending the game 1 turn sooner I'm probably better off killing them as quick as possible.

Summary

PvP--3/5/5

PvE--all depends

but like why I prefer 5/3/5 Cage, I prefer 3/5/5 mystery character, why try to prevent damage when you can accelrate into victory.
      • Unknown
        edited March 2015
        I was under the assumption that her passive only works when "allies" use a power, does that work for herself as well? Don't have a purple Xavier to compare how his trigger works.

And wouldn't the x-force partner be 5/5/3 since you are feeding wolverine's green anyway?
      • Phaserhawk
        I am all for 5 in healing. Raw damage isn't everything, otherwise people would spec patch 5/5/3

My vote is for 5/3/5

People spec Patch 5/3/5 becuase his red is terrible.