** Ares (Dark Avengers) **

Comments

• Anyone know if Ares gets additional dmg to his red for each cover, even though it doesn't say so? Like how C.Magneto's purple increases in dmg, even though the card doesn't say it does?
  • Hey after unsing ares for a few matches I noticed that the edges
    of his Axesymbol look very unsharp it also looks like theres nothing in between
    the left and right blade that seperates them.

The Ability symbol is so good, I'd suggest using a shilouette of it instead of
    this "thing" that seems to merely resemble a toy axe not a gods deadly weapon.
  • Looking at what his level 200 red power does for damage (not much compared to other red powers out there), I'm also wondering if that's the color I will reduce to 3 or 4. The green power seems like a great match ender and getting it to 4 would be nice.

Right now I'm leaning toward 4-4-5. All 3 colors are great at 4, and none of them are slam dunk boosts at 5.
  • His red doesn't do much damage because it hits the entire enemy TEAM.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    4/4/5 is the best build, period. Going from 6 to 5 Ap in Green is nothing, it is only better if you open a 5 tile match, don't go past 4. As for Red, at Lvl 5 you can max damage a bit sooner, but say Ares max health is 5K, that means you can max damage at 1500 health, vs. 1250, again not worth it. 4/4/5 you won't regret it.
  • http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... vengers%29

Onslaught

Power Cost: 7 Green AP
    Ares charges into battle, seething with fury. He channels his rage into one might blow, depleting the team's green AP and doing 14 damage for each. His warmongering incites the enemy, granting them 1 green AP for every 2 consumed.
    Level Upgrades

Level 2: 19 Damage for each Green AP
    Level 3: Minimum Green AP cost reduced to 6.
    Level 4: 24 damage for each Green AP.
    Level 5: Minimum Green AP cost reduced to 5.

Rampage

Power Cost: Red 10 AP
    Brutal combat drives Ares into a reckless frenzy. Swinging his axe in huge violent arcs, he cleaves the enemy for 50 damage, or 100 if he is below 20% of his max health.
    Level Upgrades

Level 2: 68 Damage or 135 if Ares is below 20% of his max health.
    Level 3: 135 damage if Ares is below 25% of max health.
    Level 4: 85 damage or 170 if Ares is below 25% of max health.
    Level 5: 170 damage if Ares is below 30% of max health.

Sunder

Power Cost: Yellow 10 AP
    Ares sacrifices his body to strike a crippling blow. deals 150 damage to the enemy and 100 to himself. It takes time for Ares to recover, converting a random basic color tile to a 3 turn countdown tile that does 50 damage and heals him for 63.
    Level Upgrades

Level 2: deals 225 base damage.
    Level 3: Increases Countdown tile healing to 82.
    Level 4: Increases Countdown tile damage to 75.
    Level 5: Reduces Countdown to 2.

Hi guys, I would like to hear some of your suggestions on Ares build. I currently have 3/3/3 now, thinking of going 4/4/5.

IMHO, his green is the best skill. However, it does not have to be at lv 5, since it only reduce the minimum amount. Green will be depleted regardless. Unless the enemy has low health, and you only want to give them 2 green AP, it is not necessary to go Lv 5.

His red is nice at level 4. Level 5 only lowers the double damage requirement by 5%. That means a 267 difference in his HP at lv 85. Which is not very much imho. And by the time you hit that requirement, you would have other things to worry about. Like dying.

I can see using Sunder first to lower health, then using Rampage as a combo. But that's about the only combo I see.

To be perfectly honest, I think his Red is nothing compared to Classic Storm's Blue AOE. This is literally one of those "There are other better red skills to use" kind of skill.

For his yellow. High damage. With high enough levels, the countdown tile actually becomes worth a damn. Base damage is around that of Thor's Thunder Strike if I'm not mistaken.
  • How much iso you gonna dump into this character for Rage and Ruin event?

I just don't see him becoming a part of my regular rotation until they nerf Wolverine or Thor.
  • How much iso you gonna dump into this character for Rage and Ruin event?

I just don't see him becoming a part of my regular rotation until they nerf Wolverine or Thor.

going to happen sooner than you think. Thor is up next in getting "balanced" (most likely nerfed)
  • TheHood
    TheHood Posts: 107
    There's someone who have already Ares at high level? Can you tell me the damage of the skills please?
  • TheHood wrote:
    There's someone who have already Ares at high level? Can you tell me the damage of the skills please?

At 63 4/4/5

Green 155 per green
    Red 561 or 1122 if he is below 25% of max hp (aoe)
    Yellow 1485 (660 to himself), 2 turn cd does 495 damage and heals 537
  • His buffed green and yellow in this tournament are just disgusting sources of damage.
  • I have been reading this thread and initially the discussion was to build him at 3/5/5. Subsequently, more people said 4/4/5 would be better.

My Ares is 3/4/5 now and I have a spare green in my roster. So should I build him to 4/4/5 or wait for the red cover to make it 3/5/5? I just do not want to build wrongly again, just like what I did to my OBW and Mag....
    It's so stressful when there is no option to re-build.....
  • 4/4/5 is ideal.
  • Just thought, since both Ares and Punisher weak in blue, what about adding cStorm? Three characters with AoE, Ares' yellow will trigger Storm's yellow, should be annoying team on defence.
  • jozier wrote:
    4/4/5 is ideal.

Was there some explanation? To me it seems 4/4/4 is mandatory and the last point is pretty arbitrary for all. I currently have a 5th yellow cover and didn't apply yet, some input would be welcome. Have little experience with countdown tiles from my team.
  • A 3-turn countdown tile is basically worthless, because it has to survive 5 matches (and resulting cascades). 2-turn tiles are much, much better, and Ares' yellow is quite powerful.

I could also see an argument for green, but I'd rather have the damage and heal from yellow personally.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    4/4/5 is ideal.

Was there some explanation? To me it seems 4/4/4 is mandatory and the last point is pretty arbitrary for all. I currently have a 5th yellow cover and didn't apply yet, some input would be welcome. Have little experience with countdown tiles from my team.

The 5th cover in green doesn't do all that much (damage is based on total amount of green AP anyway, and you're going to get 6 AP 99% of the time instead of just 5 green AP, so you don't need the AP reduction.

The 5th cover in red raises the threshold from 25% to 30%. Very marginal increase, not really worth it.

The 5th cover in yellow reduces the countdown timer. Any time you can get a tile to activate faster, it's better.

So 4/4/5 is ideal. 5/3/5 or 3/5/5 is a waste because you're sacrificing overall strength for tiny gains that again, aren't all that useful.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    I don't have all the covers.

I'd say 4/5/4 for this tournament.

5% is not a lot, but when u consider the buffed up version, its gonna be 500-800 difference in hp at least.
    Its always good to do more damage earlier.

The yellow countdown tile is randomly placed, not very handy.

Outside of the tournament, I don't like using Ares, his ability has too much drawbacks.
  • xinyucao wrote:
    I don't have all the covers.

I'd say 4/5/4 for this tournament.

5% is not a lot, but when u consider the buffed up version, its gonna be 500-800 difference in hp at least.
    Its always good to do more damage earlier.

The the yellow countdown tile is randomly placed, not very handy.

Outside of the tournament, I don't like using Ares, his ability has too much drawbacks.

The issue is that if you've dropped to 30% health, chances are you probably don't even have the AP necessary to get off the attack. That's lowww.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was avoiding his yellow out if general principle, but actually the self damage is pretty neglible with the cool down tile